Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:19 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: 2019 Nautilus First Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxboro3642 View Post
If you change the front end you should also change the tail lights
I know what you mean, but they did in fact change them ever so slightly - reworked graphics - a single horizontal running light (the running lights don't sweep up and around into the rest of the taillights anymore), and presumably the top part is now the brake light (I hope they use an amber turn signal in the outer white space now).

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 05:43 PM
Ford Focus ZX

What happened when Roman closed the hood? Sounded terrible and it didn’t shut. And when they tested the Yukon/navigator/Durango a few weeks back on fast lane truck, Nathan said regarding the ninety eight thousand nav...”quality is seriously an issue”. Starting to wonder about Lincoln quality.

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Ford Explorer

Lincoln quality is in great shape, far above Caddy, thank you very much.
That said, those dolts pretending to be journalists, need to seriously check themselves.

post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Seems I got wings fur up lol. I make a simple legit statement and he pulls up a chart and brings in Cadillac. Again.

Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti, Acura are all below Cadillac yet I’m sure they are fine vehicles. Remember when Ford sync caused their rankings to plunge? It’s well established that owner’s confusion over things such as voice commands and new tech can lead to falling rankings in quality surveys. Jd powers IQ rankings are flawed...so using them is pointless unless they are used in a holistic viewpoint.

TFL car and truck has well over a million subs and are well respected. Calling the hosts “dolts” is very a very trumpy thing to do when they say something negative. If u follow them, u would know they say plenty of very positive things regarding Ford. Are they dolts in that scenario as well? Grow the f—k up.
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Ford Kuga

I like the revised taillights on the Nautilus, I always disliked the dominating presence of bright red plastics on the back of the 2016 MKX design (same with the new Navigator), but the redesign completely changes out those graphics, giving them more dimension and brightwork while limiting the red plastics. It's certainly more modern like the way the German competition is designing these full-width fixtures. It goes a long way to moving the Nautilus up market.

Last edited by Assimilator; 09-20-2018 at 07:30 PM.
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
Seems I got wings fur up lol. I make a simple legit statement and he pulls up a chart and brings in Cadillac. Again.

Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti, Acura are all below Cadillac yet I’m sure they are fine vehicles. Remember when Ford sync caused their rankings to plunge? It’s well established that owner’s confusion over things such as voice commands and new tech can lead to falling rankings in quality surveys. Jd powers IQ rankings are flawed...so using them is pointless unless they are used in a holistic viewpoint.

TFL car and truck has well over a million subs and are well respected. Calling the hosts “dolts” is very a very trumpy thing to do when they say something negative. If u follow them, u would know they say plenty of very positive things regarding Ford. Are they dolts in that scenario as well? Grow the f—k up.
Troll said what?
Truth (not opinions) hurts huh. Seems like you are the one who got all amped up.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 12:09 AM
Ford Kuga

The embargo lifted.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/21/...eview-5d3we8x/

https://youtu.be/t1s87xLv41o

Last edited by Assimilator; 09-21-2018 at 12:18 AM.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 01:00 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I like the revised taillights on the Nautilus, I always disliked the dominating presence of bright red plastics on the back of the 2016 MKX design (same with the new Navigator), but the redesign completely changes out those graphics, giving them more dimension and brightwork while limiting the red plastics. It's certainly more modern like the way the German competition is designing these full-width fixtures. It goes a long way to moving the Nautilus up market.

That was the one of the most cheap-looking parts of the MKX. It seems like they might be moving away from that as the Aviator also doesn't have them. I guess we'll have to wait for the Navigator's refresh for a tail light swap.
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:50 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post

My favorite sentence of the article:

"For years, Lincoln has been talking about its comeback. It keeps telling us about its resurgence. But the products just haven't been there. The MKS and Continental were disappointments, and the MKC is nothing special in a very competitive class. Well, it's finally beginning to actually happen. Lincoln's resurgence is real. Or, it's getting real. It began with the new Navigator, which makes the Cadillac Escalade feel like a farm truck"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page