LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 03:12 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2019 Nautilus First Drive

Automobile magazine has a review, too.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...s-first-drive/

First Drive: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus

"An effective facelift, comfy ride, and seats make Lincoln’s midsize SUV a credible Lexus competitor"

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 04:34 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Motor Trend, as usual, share the review with Automobile Magazine (even the photos are the same!).

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/linc...-drive-review/

"Lincoln can't compete with Lexus or BMW on snob appeal, but if you're ready for something different, give a Nautilus Reserve or Black Label a try."

post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 07:04 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Garage

Wingsnut TFL gives good reviews maybe they are not Motor Trend staged professionals more like the average Joe review. Less about presentation more the meat and potato type reviews. They have given Ford's F150 their top award and Ford's new Expedition also.They are one of the best shows that test out trucks in real tough scenarios. I challenge you Wingsnut go to your local dealer check out for yourself Ford and Lincoln vehicles because they have some real issues they need to address. Lincoln 2019 MKC hood gap is not good where the hood meets the top of the grill driver side almost always has a bigger gap then the passenger side. That loose center dash speaker grill they show on the Navigator, well on my dealer's lot their Navigator has the same problem. I had a Lincoln Continental on order and when it arrived it was a total let down. The Hood gaps just looked bad along with door alignments, trunk alignments and doors that rattle when the stereo was on. It also had rattles and creaks, too to many to address for a new car. The Car felt like little effort or care was given to build the car. I guess that is one way to kill your cars make them not meet your customers desires. I got pictures of both the car I order and some other issues Ford really needs to address. These are just a few quality issues Ford is having. F150 windshield black tint that goes around the front windshield is not covering up windshield's glue and inside metal post of the windshield. The F150 also has a issue with the door jam rubber that goes around the door opening is made too short and makes a gap in the upper corner where the plastic inside door post cover meets the top of the headliner. I been ford guy for all my life so was my dad and in my opinion of Ford is getting worst because quality on their vehicles is hit and miss on when they get it right. Got pictures of the car I ordered, one picture of the Hood gap problem, a few F150 pictures and three of my Shelby's that I loved. If you really got connection with Ford show them this stuff and get it fixed so that Fords blue oval will shine the best of anyone.

https://www.fordinsidenews.cohttps:/...=29402&thumb=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f150.jpg (337.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2033.jpg (278.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg lincoln .jpg (234.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2027.jpg (211.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2026.jpg (287.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2002.jpg (525.2 KB, 20 views)
joseodiaga4 and glyphics like this.

Last edited by SHELBY32; 09-21-2018 at 08:22 AM.

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 07:39 AM
Ford Explorer

Some very glowing reviews above. Glad to read that. I signed up for a Nauti and Navi employee test drive coming up soon. Can't wait.

"Lincoln's resurgence is real. Or, it's getting real. It began with the new Navigator, which makes the Cadillac Escalade feel like a farm truck, and now the Nautilus, which feels like much more than a tweaked MKX with a new grille. Maybe the Aviator can keep it going."
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Garage

The shelbys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0231.jpg (375.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1392.jpg (514.4 KB, 4 views)
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Garage

my 50 anniversary Mustang, Lincoln MKZ black label and 2014 Shelby. These are just few of the Fords I owned. I just want Ford to make a product I can be happy with again. Got the Nautilus on order hope it comes out good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0703.jpg (455.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1514.JPG (355.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0669.jpg (396.2 KB, 4 views)
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 08:48 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELBY32 View Post
Wingsnut TFL gives good reviews maybe they are not Motor Trend staged professionals more like the average Joe review. Less about presentation more the meat and potato type reviews. They have given Ford's F150 their top award and Ford's new Expedition also.They are one of the best shows that test out trucks in real tough scenarios. I challenge you Wingsnut go to your local dealer check out for yourself Ford and Lincoln vehicles because they have some real issues they need to address. Lincoln 2019 MKC hood gap is not good where the hood meets the top of the grill driver side almost always has a bigger gap then the passenger side. That loose center dash speaker grill they show on the Navigator, well on my dealer's lot their Navigator has the same problem. I had a Lincoln Continental on order and when it arrived it was a total let down. The Hood gaps just looked bad along with door alignments, trunk alignments and doors that rattle when the stereo was on. It also had rattles and creaks, too to many to address for a new car. The Car felt like little effort or care was given to build the car. I guess that is one way to kill your cars make them not meet your customers desires. I got pictures of both the car I order and some other issues Ford really needs to address. These are just a few quality issues Ford is having. F150 windshield black tint that goes around the front windshield is not covering up windshield's glue and inside metal post of the windshield. The F150 also has a issue with the door jam rubber that goes around the door opening is made too short and makes a gap in the upper corner where the plastic inside door post cover meets the top of the headliner. I been ford guy for all my life so was my dad and in my opinion of Ford is getting worst because quality on their vehicles is hit and miss on when they get it right. Got pictures of the car I ordered, one picture of the Hood gap problem, a few F150 pictures and three of my Shelby's that I loved. If you really got connection with Ford show them this stuff and get it fixed so that Fords blue oval will shine the best of anyone.

https://www.fordinsidenews.cohttps:/...=29402&thumb=1

You and your father pay very close attention to Ford detail, clearly, and as such, you can spot these issues. Just as you would surely spot issues on ANY other manufacturer, if you were to scrutinize them equally. No automaker is perfect, and all can improve in many ways. I could probably list a half dozen issues on my 2017 Taurus, like panel gaps, trim mis-alignments, paint inconsistency, etc. But they are not issues to me. A true issue to me, is if my HVAC system stops working, or transmission shifts bad, or engine has issues at 40K. Those are engineering flaws or bad designs that I can’t tolerate. Gap or trim or paint imperfections are typically random process or tooling issues. Small beans to me. But of course, Ford needs to improve every aspect of their product quality. My only point again, aside from EVERYONE has issues, is that some things are just not worth worrying too much to the point that you pack your bags and leave for another “greener” pasture.
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
What happened when Roman closed the hood? Sounded terrible and it didn’t shut. And when they tested the Yukon/navigator/Durango a few weeks back on fast lane truck, Nathan said regarding the ninety eight thousand nav...”quality is seriously an issue”. Starting to wonder about Lincoln quality.
It's pretty obvious it only latched the first latch but not the full latch keeping it down all the way. I do that all the time by accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I like the revised taillights on the Nautilus, I always disliked the dominating presence of bright red plastics on the back of the 2016 MKX design (same with the new Navigator), but the redesign completely changes out those graphics, giving them more dimension and brightwork while limiting the red plastics. It's certainly more modern like the way the German competition is designing these full-width fixtures. It goes a long way to moving the Nautilus up market.

I completely agree - that was one thing I didn't like about the MKX - the concept had a thin lightbar out back, and then the production model had a really thick (especially above the license plate) red bar that looked cheap. The new setup looks great and much more detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Handler View Post
That was the one of the most cheap-looking parts of the MKX. It seems like they might be moving away from that as the Aviator also doesn't have them. I guess we'll have to wait for the Navigator's refresh for a tail light swap.
Huh? Aviator has full width taillights...
Assimilator likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
You and your father pay very close attention to Ford detail, clearly, and as such, you can spot these issues. Just as you would surely spot issues on ANY other manufacturer, if you were to scrutinize them equally. No automaker is perfect, and all can improve in many ways. I could probably list a half dozen issues on my 2017 Taurus, like panel gaps, trim mis-alignments, paint inconsistency, etc. But they are not issues to me. A true issue to me, is if my HVAC system stops working, or transmission shifts bad, or engine has issues at 40K. Those are engineering flaws or bad designs that I can’t tolerate. Gap or trim or paint imperfections are typically random process or tooling issues. Small beans to me. But of course, Ford needs to improve every aspect of their product quality.My only point again, aside from EVERYONE has issues, is that some things are just not worth worrying too much to the point that you pack your bags and leave for another “greener” pasture.
I'll bet that Ford upper management is saying the same things. "You can spot issues with ANY manufacturer. These are not issues for us. Some things are just not worth worrying (about) too much. Small beans. Keep Wall Street happy; keep the costs down."

Wings, you are a Ford employee, a Ford insider and a Ford customer. I get it. Most potential Ford customers are not Ford customers; they are not who you are. For decades, they have been packing their bags and leaving for other “greener” pastures. If another company - say, Toyota, just for example - takes design, engineering AND manufacturing quality seriously, greener pastures will exist.
joseodiaga4 likes this.
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Are we seriously going to say it's a Ford quality issue that he didn't close the fuckin hood all the way? What a reach.

Also honestly I get that they have a huge following, but if you ever watch TFLCar or TFLTruck it becomes very obvious that they don't do their homework. They are notoriously sloppy and misinformed, across all brands. They're low budget and typically less informative than any other review. Just saying.

Nautilus reviews seem pretty good. It's a nice product, but nothing incredibly special in my eyes. The whole segment it occupies sucks in my opinion, though. Just boring.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page