34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork
Re: 2019 Nautilus First Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
I'll bet that Ford upper management is saying the same things. "You can spot issues with ANY manufacturer. These are not issues for us. Some things are just not worth worrying (about) too much. Small beans. Keep Wall Street happy; keep the costs down."

Wings, you are a Ford employee, a Ford insider and a Ford customer. I get it. Most potential Ford customers are not Ford customers; they are not who you are. For decades, they have been packing their bags and leaving for other “greener” pastures. If another company - say, Toyota, just for example - takes design, engineering AND manufacturing quality seriously, greener pastures will exist.
...aaaaand if you use Toyota as an example, the easy response is that those greener pastures involve bottom-of-the-stack driver enjoyment. Hyundai/Kia have the same problem. Hondas are ugly and unimaginative for the most part, GM and FCA are both jokes, Mazda is fairly "nichey", Nissan is an afterthought nowadays, so...?
wingsnut likes this.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Ford Sport Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Huh? Aviator has full width taillights...
I was referring to the lipstick red tail lights in Borg's post. Please read more carefully.
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 05:05 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
...aaaaand if you use Toyota as an example, the easy response is that those greener pastures involve bottom-of-the-stack driver enjoyment. Hyundai/Kia have the same problem. Hondas are ugly and unimaginative for the most part, GM and FCA are both jokes, Mazda is fairly "nichey", Nissan is an afterthought nowadays, so...?
... So, you mean the companies that are still $elling $edan$?

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post

It used to be that you tolerated Ford quality for better style than the appliance Toyonda's. That is just not the case any more. Quality is darn close and continues to improve, while the Asians have also slipped in so many ways. Not quite parity, but darn close.
tagorgia likes this.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 09:39 PM
Ford Focus ZX

So the 2.0T and 2.7T do use different 8-speeds. I guess that information Ford offered a while back wasn't BS. It's also further indication that the GM/Ford 9/8-Speed does indeed have a problem with torque, as many of us have speculated.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI

Last edited by HotRod; 09-21-2018 at 09:43 PM.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 03:27 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Garage

I have issues with Ford and the way they treat the Lincoln brand like a Ford and not like a Lincoln. They give no more time to making a Lincoln then a Mustang. The Continental should have better build quality then your Taurus, it cost allot more. Also no new car should look like it just came out of a Econo body shop, i don't care which brand it is. I hope that not all Ford employees think like you otherwise I may be with the wrong company. Instead of coming out and saying yeah maybe we need work on that, you come out defending Ford for doing poor craftsmanship on there Flagship car and Truck. Then talk about other brands to justify Fords poor workmanship.
I do look at the other brands and some are now doing a better job then Ford overall. Dodge's Truck interior is so far ahead of Ford's its not funny. Yet I know their not perfect too, because they cannot get there center speaker grill any better then ford does on their Lincoln Navi but they sure did get the rest of the truck wright. That's why Ford's stock is in such a downward spin. Because Ford does not care about the details and with insiders like you who are OK with it too because all cars are not perfect.

Taurus is a good example it was the number one car when it first came out but the competition steps it up and Ford does not step it up they just let it die on the vine. If the Continental was put together like the Navigator or Expedition then I would be ok with the Continental and would be in one wright now. But its not it has the same build quality as a Mustang which is not OK. Lincoln was better off when they had there own factory and not made along with the Mustangs. If a company cannot get the simple things wright how can I expect them to get the big things wright.

I've owned allot of Fords over the years but at no time have I ever been more let down then now. Its not like this is my first Ford I've owned I've had many and I can tell you the quality has went down. My 2016 F150 had better build quality then 2018's. Yes I maybe harder on Ford because I am a fan of Ford. But I will not accept a vehicle that has a windshield that you can see a painted window post and glue in plain sight. Which none of the other brands have that problem. Ford could have just made the black border wider that goes around the glass to cover it up but they did not even do that . My dads 2005 F150 has no such problem and my brothers 2014 also has no such problem and the 2018 should not have that kind a problem either. Just like there should not be any differences in the F150's that comes out of Dearborn and the ones out of Kansas but there is a difference and you can see it. I don't expect perfection out of any brand but I do have some expectations out of Ford having bought them for over 3 decades. These new Fords are not meeting my expectations plain and simple. The issues are way too in your face and once you seen it, it cannot be unseen. Its only with the newer production trucks, the trucks made earlier in the year do not seem to have the problem like the later production trucks. If you are Ok with quality like this pictures shows I do not no what to say to you Wingsnut. I was hoping someone would take interest maybe fix these problems since some of you work for Ford.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2028.jpg (245.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2026.jpg (287.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by SHELBY32; 09-24-2018 at 06:03 AM.
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 05:21 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELBY32 View Post
I have issues with Ford and the way they treat the Lincoln brand like a Ford and not like a Lincoln. They give no more time to making a Lincoln then a Mustang. The Continental should have better build quality then your Taurus, it cost allot more. Also no new car should look like it just came out of a Econo body shop, i don't care which brand it is. I hope that not all Ford employees think like you otherwise I may be with the wrong company. Instead of coming out and saying yeah maybe we need work on that, you come out defending Ford for doing poor craftsmanship on there Flagship car and Truck. Then talk about other brands to justify Fords poor workmanship. I do look at the other brands and some are now doing a better job then Ford overall. Dodge's Truck interior is so far ahead of Ford's its not funny. Yet I know their not perfect too, because they cannot get there center speaker grill any better then ford does on their Lincoln Navi but they sure did get the rest of the truck wright. That's why Ford's stock is in such a downward spin. Because Ford does not care about the details and with insiders like you who are OK with it too because all cars are not perfect. Taurus is a good example it was the number one car when it first came out but the competition steps it up and Ford does not step it up they just let it die on the vine. If the Continental was put together like the Navigator or Expedition then I would be ok with the Continental and would be in one wright now. But its not it has the same build quality as a Mustang which is not OK. Lincoln was better off when they had there own factory and not made along with the Mustangs. If a company cannot get the simple things wright how can I expect them to get the big things wright. I've owned allot of Fords over the years but at no time have I ever been more let down then now. Its not like this is my first Ford I've owned I've had many and I can tell you the quality has went down. My 2016 F150 had better build quality then 2018's. Yes I maybe harder on Ford because I am a fan of Ford. But I will not accept a vehicle that has a windshield that you can see a painted window post and glue in plain sight. Which none of the other brands have that problem. Ford could have just made the black border wider that goes around the glass to cover it up but they did not even do that . My dads 2005 F150 has no such problem and my brothers 2014 also has no such problem and the 2018 should not have that kind a problem either. Just like there should not be any differences in the F150's that comes out of Dearborn and the ones out of Kansas but there is a difference and you can see it. I don't expect perfection out of any brand but I do have some expectations out of Ford having bought them for over 3 decades. These new Fords are not meeting my expectations plain and simple. The issues are way too in your face and once you seen it, it cannot be unseen. Its only with the newer production trucks, the trucks made earlier in the year do not seem to have the problem like the later production trucks. If you are Ok with quality like this pictures shows I do not no what to say to you Wingsnut. I was hoping someone would take interest maybe fix these problems since some of you work for Ford.

Wow, things are really bad in your opinion. I mean, I tried to look at the bright side suggesting that things are not so bad, relative to the competition, as Ford steadily continues improving. But I am just a simple engineer, so what I say does not really matter, and I certainly have no power to create sudden change, as you seek. So instead, I will just agree, that things need fixing. Happy?

Last edited by wingsnut; 09-22-2018 at 06:33 AM.
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 10:26 AM
Ford Kuga

I won't say that I haven't had obvious build quality issues with my Ford and Lincolns, but typically only when the vehicle is a brand new model (which is often with me since I'm a chronic early adopter). I also understand that some perceived build issues are just design accommodations, such as the fact that seals settle over time and remain stiff when new, so some panel gaps will lessen on swing panels over time.

A car is a remarkably complicated thing, considering the overall quality on Ford products I give them some credit no matter what minor thing I might spot. But we need critical customers to not let things go unchecked.
SP1966, glyphics and 70 Stang like this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 09-22-2018 at 10:28 AM.
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELBY32 View Post
I have issues with Ford and the way they treat the Lincoln brand like a Ford and not like a Lincoln. They give no more time to making a Lincoln then a Mustang. The Continental should have better build quality then your Taurus, it cost allot more. Also no new car should look like it just came out of a Econo body shop, i don't care which brand it is. I hope that not all Ford employees think like you otherwise I may be with the wrong company. Instead of coming out and saying yeah maybe we need work on that, you come out defending Ford for doing poor craftsmanship on there Flagship car and Truck. Then talk about other brands to justify Fords poor workmanship. I do look at the other brands and some are now doing a better job then Ford overall. Dodge's Truck interior is so far ahead of Ford's its not funny. Yet I know their not perfect too, because they cannot get there center speaker grill any better then ford does on their Lincoln Navi but they sure did get the rest of the truck wright. That's why Ford's stock is in such a downward spin. Because Ford does not care about the details and with insiders like you who are OK with it too because all cars are not perfect. Taurus is a good example it was the number one car when it first came out but the competition steps it up and Ford does not step it up they just let it die on the vine. If the Continental was put together like the Navigator or Expedition then I would be ok with the Continental and would be in one wright now. But its not it has the same build quality as a Mustang which is not OK. Lincoln was better off when they had there own factory and not made along with the Mustangs. If a company cannot get the simple things wright how can I expect them to get the big things wright. I've owned allot of Fords over the years but at no time have I ever been more let down then now. Its not like this is my first Ford I've owned I've had many and I can tell you the quality has went down. My 2016 F150 had better build quality then 2018's. Yes I maybe harder on Ford because I am a fan of Ford. But I will not accept a vehicle that has a windshield that you can see a painted window post and glue in plain sight. Which none of the other brands have that problem. Ford could have just made the black border wider that goes around the glass to cover it up but they did not even do that . My dads 2005 F150 has no such problem and my brothers 2014 also has no such problem and the 2018 should not have that kind a problem either. Just like there should not be any differences in the F150's that comes out of Dearborn and the ones out of Kansas but there is a difference and you can see it. I don't expect perfection out of any brand but I do have some expectations out of Ford having bought them for over 3 decades. These new Fords are not meeting my expectations plain and simple. The issues are way too in your face and once you seen it, it cannot be unseen. Its only with the newer production trucks, the trucks made earlier in the year do not seem to have the problem like the later production trucks. If you are Ok with quality like this pictures shows I do not no what to say to you Wingsnut. I was hoping someone would take interest maybe fix these problems since some of you work for Ford.
Paragraphs are your friend, it'd be helpful to ready your posts if you used them more lol.

I'd hope the brand new 2019 Ram's interior would be nicer than the new-for-2015 F-150's.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Ford Explorer

Something that SHELBY32 said that I have heard before that I would like to address, is the belief that if an automaker misses quality on one thing, they can easily miss it elsewhere.....or the really silly belief that if they pay little attention on some things, it probably translates to other things, blah-blah-blah. Just not the case, at all. In fact, 180 degrees opposite. It comes down to the effort put into each and every system or subsystem or sub-subsystem. A Ford is not entirely hand crafted by the same few people. It takes hundreds if not thousands of people who don't know each other, each working on their own individual system to design, engineer and build as best they can, given their processes. The combined effort put into just a car seat mechanism, is not only completely detached from what is happening inside an engine or transmission, or axle or suspension.....all of which have their own manufacturing locations.

Anyway, I think my point is clear here.
ehaase and tagorgia like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page