29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...you contradict yourself. You claim only having a need for a truck every 10-20 years and then say you'll just rent one, then you claim a remodel job. You picking up all the sub-flooring, plywood, studs, 10ft copper and/or pvc, 12-16ft trim base mold, trim, doors, sheetrock in your SUV or that one time you'll need to rent a truck?

Here's the thing, I actually grew up working for my contractor dad and did my own commercial and residential work over the years, and the reason people don't drive SUVs to worksites is that they are useless. So, Weekender Work Guy, go BS someone else with you garbage claims.

You can buy a nice sedan and a full size long bed truck for the price of an Aviator GT and you don't have to live with compromises. That's my point. Keep humping that chicken all you want, you aren't going to convince someone who has actually done and still does on a regular basis what you pretend to do on the weekends once every 20 years.
LOL,

Are we really bragging about frequency of projects and needing trucks. Yeah, no insecurity issues there.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png[/IMG]

FYI.....you don't need a truck to pick up vinyl flooring in boxes, paint, 12' trim pieces or 16' for that matter, 8' lumber, even doors and a gazillion things in between. Last I looked, pretty much every sedan sold has fold down seats, and so what if I have to drive about 5 miles with some lumber or trim sticking out. Did it many times before, will do it many times again. And in this case I did not need to borrow a truck for $24 to pick up 4x8 sheets, because I have a brother with a truck I borrow.

And the real point here is that, as I stated, most don't need two vehicles, when they can make do with a sedan and much better yet with a utility vehicle and borrow/rent when they need more which. Actually, I recall picking up 4x8 sheets and I have done it. That aside, this all started because you called people driving SUV's schmucks. LOL

...congrats on being the the guy everyone avoids on the road. If you’re planning on strapping 16ft trim to your $80k Aviator, you’re an even bigger idiot than I already thought. And, If that’s how half assed you carry materials, I’ll assume your workmanship at your house is equally shitty. I feel sorry for whoever gets left with your house when you’re gone. Of, I should have known when you said you were using knock down cabinets. FFS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Ford Focus ZX

[QUOTE=mooseman;413350]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...you contradict yourself. You claim only having a need for a truck every 10-20 years and then say you'll just rent one, then you claim a remodel job. You picking up all the sub-flooring, plywood, studs, 10ft copper and/or pvc, 12-16ft trim base mold, trim, doors, sheetrock in your SUV or that one time you'll need to rent a truck?

Here's the thing, I actually grew up working for my contractor dad and did my own commercial and residential work over the years, and the reason people don't drive SUVs to worksites is that they are useless. So, Weekender Work Guy, go BS someone else with you garbage claims.

You can buy a nice sedan and a full size long bed truck for the price of an Aviator GT and you don't have to live with compromises. That's my point. Keep humping that chicken all you want, you aren't going to convince someone who has actually done and still does on a regular basis what you pretend to do on the weekends once every 20 years.
LOL,

Are we really bragging about frequency of projects and needing trucks. Yeah, no insecurity issues there.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png[/IMG]

FYI.....you don't need a truck to pick up vinyl flooring in boxes, paint, 12' trim pieces or 16' for that matter, 8' lumber, even doors and a gazillion things in between. Last I looked, pretty much every sedan sold has fold down seats, and so what if I have to drive about 5 miles with some lumber or trim sticking out. Did it many times before, will do it many times again. And in this case I did not need to borrow a truck for $24 to pick up 4x8 sheets, because I have a brother with a truck I borrow.

And the real point here is that, as I stated, most don't need two vehicles, when they can make do with a sedan and much better yet with a utility vehicle and borrow/rent when they need more which. Actually, I recall picking up 4x8 sheets and I have done it. That aside, this all started because you called people driving SUV's schmucks. LOL

...congrats on being the the guy everyone avoids on the road. If you’re planning on strapping 16ft trim to your $80k Aviator, you’re an even bigger idiot than I already thought. And, If that’s how half assed you carry materials, I’ll assume your workmanship at your house is equally shitty. I feel sorry for whoever gets left with your house when you’re gone. Of course, I should have known when you said you were using knock down cabinets. FFS.

And, don’t mistake my laughing at your Cliff Clavin or Mister Mom routine as “insecurity.” 220, 221, whatever it takes.

It is actually me feeling bad for your Dunning-Kruger affliction.

Cheerio. I’m sure I’ll love my new Ram truck.
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:54 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 MKZ/Continental

Wow, things are slow around here I know, but I think I lost IQ points debating with Mr. Man Card.

Good luck with all that machismo.

Wings out
ehaase and igor2 like this.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."

post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Nothing in your argument address the issue of profitability. Ford says traditional cars aren't profitable for them. It doesn't matter how many they sell if the margins don't justify making them. Building cars like the new Escape that are more car-like but still offer the benefits of a utility vehicle is the correct move if it means profits. Too car-like for some? There's the Baby Bronco for those customers.

Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Ford's not about making me happy, they're about making money.
I would say similar about Explorer, which appears to have a sleeker shape with a lower CG. The Bronco can focus on being more niche like and offroad capable.
HotRod likes this.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
I would say similar about Explorer, which appears to have a sleeker shape with a lower CG. The Bronco can focus on being more niche like and offroad capable.
And I won't be surprised if the next Edge follows the trend toward a more car-like design as well. Unless the Fusion returns here in wagon form Outback-style, that is. Then I presume it will continue splitting the difference. I certainly don't expect it to go "butch".

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:56 PM
FIN Staff Member

Has the MKZ and Continental been officially cancelled yet for NA?
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:37 PM
Ford Sport Ka

Quote:
Give up everything for seating position?
More like, gain everything except a bit more driving dynamics.

I tried going back to sedans, and I am now ready to jump right back to SUV's. Far more benefits. If I could afford it, the 600ft lb new Aviator would be my poison.
Haul people
Haul stuff
Haul boats
Haul ass

Oh, and yes, seating position is great, being able to see around all the other trucks and SUV's on the road.
It's really awkward getting into a car after owning SUVs for 20 years.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:54 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Potentially good news ...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-sedan-future/

The debut of Lincoln's new Corsair compact SUV at the New York auto show leaves the company's MKZ sedan (pictured above) as the last car in its lineup that hasn't yet replaced its alphanumeric moniker with an actual name (well, other than the ancient Ford Flex–based MKT crossover, which is technically still part of the lineup). Based on a trademark we found, we think that the MKZ's eventual replacement may revive the Zephyr name, which has roots in both Lincoln's ancient and recent history.

While Lincoln representatives wouldn't comment on the future of the MKZ or the possibility of using the Zephyr name, the fact that this trademark was filed anew in 2016 rather than being renewed from the company's earlier trademark suggests to us that Lincoln plans to use it in the near future. Originally applied to Lincoln vehicles in the 1930s and 1940s, the Zephyr name was also briefly applied to a Ford Fusion–based Lincoln sedan in the mid-2000s before that model switched to its current MKZ nameplate.

It's possible that the new Zephyr will signify a philosophical shift along with its name change. Because the Ford Fusion on which the current MKZ is based will be ending production in the near future, we suspect (and hope) that Lincoln will forge its own path with the next generation of this sedan. We've heard rumors that it may even make the switch to Ford's rear-wheel-drive unibody architecture that's found underneath the current Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator SUVs and will likely underpin the next Ford Mustang. This would necessitate a manufacturing shift for the Lincoln sedan, which makes sense given that company has already announced that it will move production of the Transit Connect van, starting in 2021, to the Hermosillo, Mexico, plant that current builds the Fusion and MKZ. Lincoln currently builds the larger Continental sedan at its plant in Flat Rock, Michigan, which the company has also announced will build its next-generation Mustang.

The timing of these manufacturing moves may give us some indication of when we might hear more about the possible Lincoln Zephyr sedan. If we were to guess, we think Lincoln may show a concept version of the Zephyr at some point in 2020 before the production car arrives sometime in 2020. In the meantime, all we have to go on is our own wishful thinking.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:38 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

So in the private Everything Lincoln group on Facebook someone posted pics of the Coach Door Continental. They made a few changes.

1. The 3rd window is an actual window now instead of filled in
2. The rear doors don't butterfly up
3. They added a black piece behind the B-Pillar
4. They changed the handles they no longer meet in the middle.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Thanks for posting my pics, I had issues posting the pics here and gave up!

I since realized the production rear door also has a straighter vertical line at the rear, so more changes there too.

BTW Rolls Royce also uses a center B pillar trim piece as well, and actually it makes it looks a bit more finished now.

Speaking with the Lincoln staff, it sounds like for 2020 they might offer it with the standard 3 person rear seat, removing the unique full console. Maybe that deletion and the removal of the “80th Anniversary” name might allow them to drop the price too?
Andrew L and badhac like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page