2020 MKZ/Continental - Page 6 - Ford Inside News Community
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Focus RS WRC

Re: 2020 MKZ/Continental

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
No, it was not. I read somewhere recently that CD6 was engineered primarily to accommodate an all-new RWD Continental. But the sedan market turned to ****, and it was decided that Lincoln can't support two sedans in the lineup. Rather than cut bait and bail on the work completed and costs incurred, they elected to expand its use of CD6 in the RWD configuration. The implication was that the Explorer's move to RWD was at least partly the result of the Continental getting put on hiatus. If the Explorer and Aviator are as well received as I expect them to be despite, it could turn out to be one of those "who knew?" situations.
Actually, Ford's sedan market turned to **** and Lincoln has always been a backwater for Ford so that decision was a logical result of congenital mismanagement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:54 PM
Ford Explorer

Hear that everyone, only Ford is suffering from bad sedan sales, because they screwed up.

Got it

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:13 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
No, it was not. I read somewhere recently that CD6 was engineered primarily to accommodate an all-new RWD Continental. But the sedan market turned to ****, and it was decided that Lincoln can't support two sedans in the lineup. Rather than cut bait and bail on the work completed and costs incurred, they elected to expand its use of CD6 in the RWD configuration. The implication was that the Explorer's move to RWD was at least partly the result of the Continental getting put on hiatus. If the Explorer and Aviator are as well received as I expect them to be despite, it could turn out to be one of those "who knew?" situations.
Motor Trend had a little blurb about it. Lincoln was supposed to have a fullsize sedan based on the CD6 architecture despite slipping sedan sales, the thought was with Explorer and Aviator using it then it would help offset costs. Joy Falotico killed that plan.

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:59 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Hear that everyone, only Ford is suffering from bad sedan sales, because they screwed up.

Got it
That's not what I wrote and you know it. You are quite the spinmaster. My own words now; only Ford is suffering from bad sedan sales enough that they had to announce that they will stop making sedans.

Got that?
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:13 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
That's not what I wrote and you know it. You are quite the spinmaster. My own words now; only Ford is suffering from bad sedan sales enough that they had to announce that they will stop making sedans.

Got that?
Yes, you are the spinmaster, proven here yet again with your paraphrasing.

Here is exactly what you typed, that I responded to;

Actually, Ford's sedan market turned to **** and Lincoln has always been a backwater for Ford so that decision was a logical result of congenital mismanagement.

Could you be more obvious!

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:37 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Yes, you are the spinmaster, proven here yet again with your paraphrasing.

Here is exactly what you typed, that I responded to;

Could you be more obvious!
How can I be a spinmaster of my own words? How can I paraphrase my own words? I'm glad you quoted me because people can read what I wrote and they can also read what you say I wrote. What you're saying I wrote (paraphrase) is spin. I don't take what you say and try to paraphrase it. I let your words speak for themselves and I make my points. I may counter you but I don't belittle you.

So here goes. My words:

Every auto manufacturer is experiencing a slowdown in sedan sales in relation to SUV/CUV sales.

Only Ford has announced the discontinuation of sedans for the U.S. market.

Every other auto manufacturer continues to produce, update and introduce sedans for the U.S. market.

Those are the facts. I know you don't agree with my opinions about why this is the case, which is that customers perceived rightly that Ford's sedans were not as good/desirable/attractive as the competition's sedans and they avoided buying them. Not keeping up with the competition is a basic screw-up in business. It can usually be attributed to mismanagement.

I can't be more obvious than that.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

This site has turned to such crap
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:19 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
This site has turned to such crap
So much drama, you'd think it was filled with a bunch of housewives! We need 2b2 to come back home.
badhac likes this.
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
So much drama, you'd think it was filled with a bunch of housewives! We need 2b2 to come back home.
I see him on Facebook in the Lincoln page, wanted so many times to ask him. Sure he had his reasons though.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:48 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I see him on Facebook in the Lincoln page, wanted so many times to ask him. Sure he had his reasons though.

Ive asked him in the past and he said he was 'over it' can't say I blame him. Ive taken my own break from this site too and GMI but I seem to have come back to GMI at a bad time with some of the posters there.
SP1966 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page