Ford Inside News banner

2020 Corsair

35K views 98 replies 22 participants last post by  FloridaMatt 
#1 ·
With most of the speculation resolved, time for a discussion of Corsair details as they become available.

First, the most detailed of the announcements, includes specs on models and packages:

https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-crossovers/corsair/2020/

And some info on colors from a recent chat with the Lincoln Concierge:

"New exterior colors include our signature Flight Blue (Available on Aviator Black Label), Artisan Blue Metallic, Pristine White and Red Carpet Metallic. New interior colors include Ebony and Slate, Sandstone, Cashew and the Beyond Blue Premium Interior option."

Artisan Blue Metallic is a mystery, as there seem to be no photos of it at this time.

#3 ·
I am wondering why there's no black label available

#4 ·
Like I said in other threads, it's likely the BL take rate on MKC was low, and with it being the lowest cost product in the lineup, they probably wanted to make everything available for all dealers (not BL only). I'd guess if anything if there's enough demand for one, they could add it either in a year or so, or in a refresh.

That said, I wonder if a new model would've generated more BL sales - I guess they determined not enough to do it.

#5 ·
They've listed Beyond Blue as both an interior package and as a theme, and I've seen at least one reference to it as "premium". So I'd say it's looking like a almost-Black-Label choice. I guess we'll see when more details and pricing finally roll out.

When my wife saw the pictures, Beyond Blue was an immediate hit; she saw it as something distinctive.

#6 ·
Beyond Blue as interior color would be really nice. Curious to see how it all comes out when it goes on sale later.

Other thing I'm curious about is the trailer towing package. Surely it will be offered on Corsair? Joy did not mention towing capabilities for the Corsair at the auto show reveal nor is towing package capability even mentioned anywhere on the Corsair page on the Lincoln website in terms of available packages. I'm sure Towing Package is a given for it but it's not mentioned as available option packages on the website nor any articles reported by the press. I'm guessing it's one of those that they will announce closer to on-sale date with capability and all that. Just wondering.

#7 ·
Does Escape have one? I'm sure whatever numbers it has will be similar to what Corsair ultimately has - and I can't imagine them being too dissimilar from what MKC currently has.

#10 ·
I was nagging Lincoln on most of their social media pages, and they finally responded to me.

"While Lincoln Black Label trim will not be available on the 2020 Corsair, we are offering unique customization options for Corsair drivers through the Reserve Appearance Package and more."

So now we have a name for it! It's almost like Black Label Lite....

#11 ·
We already knew it was called Reserve Appearance Package.

#12 ·
At the debut a rep told me the display model which had the appearance package was the “Flight Blue” package, so this color may be only offered on top of that appearance package. However, in the press pics there is a Flight Blue shown with the normal black wheel trim and normal grill, so he might have been wrong...we should know soon as the order books open in 2 weeks or so!

#14 ·
Great interview. Woodhouse and the design teams are doing the absolute best with what they're given. I think it's design that is putting Lincoln on the map right now - especially interior design - and his perspective on the future gives me hope. I even like his perspective on the signature grille, a feature that I've given low marks to in the past. Now that Ford is catching up on platforms, I'm more bullish about Lincoln's revival than ever. Too bad I'm a sedan type of guy.

#17 ·
I can understand towing numbers being lower on the list during the product rollout. However, I thought Lincoln was trying very hard to differentiate themselves from Ford and the old line 'this is just a tarted up Ford'. If we, car enthusiast, are automatically looking to the Escape for performance numbers then the Lincoln and Corsair brands are going to take a hit when customers start doing the same. If I were Ford I would have given the numbers on the Corsair first and introduced the Escape at a later auto show and repeated the performance information. Giving the luxury buyer no need feel like they are buying anything less then the best. Just IMHO...

#19 ·
Most Corsair buyers don't tow. It's not a critical number to get out there right away.

#18 ·
Lincoln strategy appears to be performance through hybrids right now. Witness the Aviator with 600ftlbs, well above the Explorer hybrid. And that is done with the same system, which allows you either performance bias or fuel bias. They just have not announced what Corsair hybrid will offer yet. Ford plans for future ICE engines are very few. In fact, they will be slowly killing off most engines, carrying only a few. That includes transmissions too. They are busy rethinking everything. They days of optimizing ICE to get 1-2% fuel makes little sense, when you can instead get 10-20% with hybrids.

#20 · (Edited)
#34 ·
Drat! My dealer says Beyond Blue is "late availability" with no idea of how late. Does anyone have any idea about how long would would have to wait? My wife's firm on getting it.

Or is there any kind of special order process where we can pay some sort of fee and get a Reserve II made with Beyond Blue before it's generally available?

#35 ·
I don't believe there's any fee you could pay - it's just a matter of whenever they decide to start building them that way.

#42 ·
The Beyond Blue interior is now included in the Build and Price website, although no picture is available. Cost is $500.

Our dealer thinks Corsairs with BB interiors will start being built in October.

Order bank open date for BB seems unknown at this time.

We've handed our dealer a preorder for a Reserve II, Ingot Silver, Beyond Blue, and a preauthorization for a deposit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.