2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:25 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive

The Aviator is impressive, but I must say, I prefer the equally impressive and better looking Explorer. Nothing too fancy for me, just the Limited with hybrid option. Averaging 28 mpg or so in a large SUV with AWD that can tow 5K is all I need. With that 18 gal gas tank, I bet highway trips are about 600 miles.
pffan1990 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Ford Focus ZX

post #33 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:09 AM
Ford Explorer

I guess some will never understand the difference between a minivan based hybrid 'SUV' that can't go offroad, can't tow much, is tepidly slow and with road manners that quickly remind you of it's minivan bones. 10 speeds leads the industry as well.

In another review:

The redesigned Explorer's shorter overhangs make it more agile off road, with a 20-degree approach angle to better help it get up and over obstacles. The Hybrid can ford up to 18 inches of water, and the available hill-descent control keeps the Explorer nice and steady on a 45-degree slope (though the system is pretty noisy). The Explorer isn't a serious off-roader, but it's nice to know plenty of capability is baked in, for those who like a good off-the-beaten-path adventure.

Explorer hybrid does it all it seems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 02:18 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I guess some will never understand the difference between a minivan based hybrid 'SUV' that can't go offroad, can't tow much, is tepidly slow and with road manners that quickly remind you of it's minivan bones. 10 speeds leads the industry as well.

In another review:

The redesigned Explorer's shorter overhangs make it more agile off road, with a 20-degree approach angle to better help it get up and over obstacles. The Hybrid can ford up to 18 inches of water, and the available hill-descent control keeps the Explorer nice and steady on a 45-degree slope (though the system is pretty noisy). The Explorer isn't a serious off-roader, but it's nice to know plenty of capability is baked in, for those who like a good off-the-beaten-path adventure.

Explorer hybrid does it all it seems.
For sure....just one example of what a minivan can do 😉

https://youtu.be/4WjpzubCoBo
post #35 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Ford Explorer

.....a minivan inching up a hard surface at less than 1mph, while scraping every surface on the bottom without skidplates.......was painful to watch.

But hey, thanks for sharing. I know several sedans that could complete that with similar 'success.'

LOL

post #36 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
.....a minivan inching up a hard surface at less than 1mph, while scraping every surface on the bottom without skidplates.......was painful to watch.

But hey, thanks for sharing. I know several sedans that could complete that with similar 'success.'

LOL
Well according to you a Minivan couldn’t do it, now that I proved to you it can....you now shift and say sedans can do that too.....

Roll eyes...just proves my point, most people don’t care 🙂
post #37 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 05:57 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Well according to you a Minivan couldn’t do it, now that I proved to you it can....you now shift and say sedans can do that too.....

Roll eyes...just proves my point, most people don’t care 🙂
Holly crap you are a troll.

Yeah, I suggested minvan based SUV's can't "OFFROAD" which typically suggestions the need for high entry / departure angles, or the ability to handle sand, mud, ruts, etc. And I stand by that. Of course people will attempt and no doubt damage their vehicles. The point here is, new Explorer is better equipped to handle offroading, then a FWD minivan. Deal with the facts please.

LOL, as for posting a vid, here is a Crown Vic climbing moab.

Talk about rolling eyes.....

post #38 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Ford Ka

"As a measure to accommodate the other journalists attending the media event, we are restricted from talking about the carís driving impressions until next week on August 20."

We should start seeing the driving reviews tomorrow. Can't wait!

tflcar.com/2019/08/the-2020-lincoln-aviator-just-raised-the-bar-heres-one-amazing-feature-that-blew-us-away/
post #39 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:31 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirzelt View Post
We should start seeing the driving reviews tomorrow.

And by tomorrow you mean 12AM tonight, so 9PM for us peeps on the west coast!

I've been looking forword to this for a long time. We'll be getting to see the meltdown when the Aviator is driven and compared directly to the XT6... and it won't even be close. The gnashing of teeth and denial should be strong over at GMI for the next few days. I forsee a 50 plus page thread coming!
Extreme4x4 likes this.
post #40 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:25 PM
Ford Explorer

I must say, as I have paid so little attention the the XT6, I don't even know it's strong or low points. I expect Aviator to do well, but can we really expect a thrashing of the caddy?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page