2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive - Page 6 - Ford Inside News Community
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 04:46 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive

Motor Trend do it. A good review, too. https://www.motortrend.com/cars/linc...ssover-review/

"The interior is a really nice place to spend long road trips. This is where Lincoln differentiates itself from the Europeans and creates a new kind of luxury. The open-pore wood in the Black Label and the aluminum trim in the Reserve are elegant, and the whole interior is nicely laid out. The horizontal design makes the cabin seem more spacious, and the 30-way powered seats offer massage and additional thigh support for the driver and front passenger.There's a sense of peacefulness that relaxes the occupants. From the chimes recorded by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra that provide more subtle alerts than the common bells and whistles, to the quality of the leather, the Aviator's interior draws more customers into it."
Logans Run likes this.

post #52 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Ford Flex

I saw a video someone posted on youtube where they had the 2020 ExplorerST and Aviator next to each other. Very thorough comparison. I'd say the Aviator is well worth the extra money when overall exterior, interior, and attention to details are factored in.
On the other hand...Explorer really had a chance to be a decent looking vehicle, if they completely reworked the front and the gave it a new dash/console. If they had done so, it would easily have been worth having the extra $ left in the bank account.
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #53 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
I saw a video someone posted on youtube where they had the 2020 ExplorerST and Aviator next to each other. Very thorough comparison. I'd say the Aviator is well worth the extra money when overall exterior, interior, and attention to details are factored in.
On the other hand...Explorer really had a chance to be a decent looking vehicle, if they completely reworked the front and the gave it a new dash/console. If they had done so, it would easily have been worth having the extra $ left in the bank account.
I would compare the more luxurious Explorer Platinum to the Aviator. Last I recally, they were actually about the same price, both with the 3.0T and AWD.

And I don't know, dashboard may look a bit better on the Lincoln, as it should, but the Explorer styling in that trim with big wheels looks solid and very handsome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #54 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

A Grand Touring (plug-in hybrid) review... https://www.motortrend.com/cars/linc...lug-in-hybrid/

To all who say the Explorer hybrid is not fuel efficient enough.... here the reason (Wingsnut already sait it): "Think of the 2020 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring—the plug-in hybrid Aviator—as an alternative to high-performance SUVs. Instead of making top fuel economy numbers this hybrid's top priority, the Grand Touring was designed to compete with the V-8s of the world." Electrification , rigth now, is not for fuel efficiency... is for power.

"...the Grand Touring drives really well."

post #55 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
A Grand Touring (plug-in hybrid) review... https://www.motortrend.com/cars/linc...lug-in-hybrid/

To all who say the Explorer hybrid is not fuel efficient enough.... here the reason (Wingsnut already sait it): "Think of the 2020 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring—the plug-in hybrid Aviator—as an alternative to high-performance SUVs. Instead of making top fuel economy numbers this hybrid's top priority, the Grand Touring was designed to compete with the V-8s of the world." Electrification , rigth now, is not for fuel efficiency... is for power.

"...the Grand Touring drives really well."

Actually, the PHEV is for power and efficiency. And as such, there will be compromises, of course. A twin turbo V8 without a heavy battery pack will give you better power to weight, but will use significantly more fuel and have less range. And a FE bias will not offer much of anything, except FE.
falcon lover likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #56 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

"Think of it as the big engine option, not an eco-oriented fuel sipper"
"630 pound-feet is a whole heap of torque that fully eclipses even the mighty BMW X7 M50i."

"The Grand Touring is the V12-powered Mercedes S600 to the regular Aviator's S500"

Autoblog on the Aviator Grand Touring.

http://https://www.autoblog.com/2019...g-first-drive/

Last edited by falcon lover; 08-22-2019 at 11:43 AM.
post #57 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 01:26 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
"Think of it as the big engine option, not an eco-oriented fuel sipper"
"630 pound-feet is a whole heap of torque that fully eclipses even the mighty BMW X7 M50i."

"The Grand Touring is the V12-powered Mercedes S600 to the regular Aviator's S500"

Autoblog on the Aviator Grand Touring.

http://https://www.autoblog.com/2019...g-first-drive/
It seems that there’s drivability issues on this 100k luxury vehicle. Perhaps Lincoln will have this sorted out quickly as reviews tend to get harsher after the initial drives. And only 20 miles of e-range is pathetic.

Potentially, many buyers could be new to the brand so why do a half-assed plug in? Especially with a shaky reputation as it is.
post #58 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
It seems that there’s drivability issues on this 100k luxury vehicle. Perhaps Lincoln will have this sorted out quickly as reviews tend to get harsher after the initial drives. And only 20 miles of e-range is pathetic.

Potentially, many buyers could be new to the brand so why do a half-assed plug in? Especially with a shaky reputation as it is.
They're the only review I've seen to mention drive issues. Everything else has been glowing.
wingsnut and Samesun like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #59 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Ford Explorer

^

Me thinks the GM troll is butt hurt that Lincoln put out such a great product.

I hear it blasts Cadillac's effort out of the water.

yup

post #60 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 05:02 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
^

Me thinks the GM troll is butt hurt that Lincoln put out such a great product.

I hear it blasts Cadillac's effort out of the water.

yup
...he does kinda have a point. It needs 50km to qualify in China. Seems a bit thin on the range. 18kWh would have gotten there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page