2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive - Ford Inside News Community
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive

I believe the Aviator Press First Drive is in June - anyone know the date?

I'm excited to hear how well it drives. Fingers crosss, I would love to see a Lincoln grace the cover of Motor Trend this November when they release the SUV of the Year - I think Lincoln has a shot!
badhac likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:43 AM
Ford Ka

Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator First Drive

Any updates on when the press first drive will be for the Aviator? Looking forward to the reviews coming out.
post #3 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 11:39 AM
Focus RS WRC

I'm not sure, but there are a couple of driving reviews out now. I sent one on the 2020 Aviator thread, and then there's one from AutoVlog.

post #4 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

Strange that they are already on sale and being shipped to dealers, but no press drives?
post #5 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 02:18 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
Strange that they are already on sale and being shipped to dealers, but no press drives?
...”embargoed.” Blame Ford for lack of press drives. The only reviews are by actual dealer vehicles loaned out by the dealer. The autovlog video definitely showed the amazing luxury of the interior but was light on driving. I really would like Ford to release info on the GT version.
post #6 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:35 PM
Ford Explorer

Somehow Ford has it's first recall of the Explorer/Aviator, even before the Aviator has had its press coverage. I can't quite understand how in the **** the Aviator is in customer's hands already and the F'n embargo hasn't expired.
post #7 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
...”embargoed.” Blame Ford for lack of press drives. The only reviews are by actual dealer vehicles loaned out by the dealer. The autovlog video definitely showed the amazing luxury of the interior but was light on driving. I really would like Ford to release info on the GT version.
Ford is terrified the press will tear the Explorer apart - they did it to the last gen, to the point where Ford refused to provide them to MotorTrend and Car and Driver for other 3 row SUVs comparos.

I think they have a few reasons here - 1- they overpriced the new Explorer, so it will look less competitive 2- the hybrid model is not efficient at all, some of the early drives had already alluded to that and comparing to the 2020 Toyota Highlander - 23mpg vs 35mpg (both estimated)
post #8 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Ford is terrified the press will tear the Explorer apart - they did it to the last gen, to the point where Ford refused to provide them to MotorTrend and Car and Driver for other 3 row SUVs comparos.

I think they have a few reasons here - 1- they overpriced the new Explorer, so it will look less competitive 2- the hybrid model is not efficient at all, some of the early drives had already alluded to that and comparing to the 2020 Toyota Highlander - 23mpg vs 35mpg (both estimated)
Or they just want models to be at dealerships for people to go buy once reviews and an advertising push comes out, rather than what happened with the 2013 MKZ and SuperBowl ad which generated a ton of interest, but there weren't any at dealers.
wingsnut, falcon lover and Ed753 like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #9 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:

You are a troll because you repeat the same BS, even after you have been corrected over and over.

And here I go again, correcting your fukin lies.....

1. Base price for Explorer is effectively the same, barely an increase
2. Explorer hybrid has far more power and towing ability, unlike the wimpy I4 Highlander, so that is a pathetic example and you know it

Sorry, your reasoning that Ford is 'afraid' is as wrong and pathetic as you are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wingsnut; 08-08-2019 at 06:28 PM.
post #10 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:

You are a troll because you repeat the same BS, even after you have been corrected over and over.

And here I go again, correcting your fukin lies.....

1. Base price for Explorer is effectively the same, barely an increase
2. Explorer hybrid has far more power and towing ability, unlike the wimpy I4 Highlander, so that is a pathetic example and you know it

Sorry, your reasoning that Ford is 'afraid' is as wrong and pathetic as you are.
Nope price is pushing too high, sales numbers will prove me right...the Explorer will lose the best selling title segment to the Highlander in 2020...

And moot point, most people tow ~3000lbs...your argument is dumb and restricted to a tiny piece of the [email protected] average one could simply buy a 2020 Highlander V6 that has the same towing capacity without the need for a hybrid....hybrids are supposed to be efficient, this one is not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page