STARstang: the Beginning? - Page 33 - Ford Inside News Community
 166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 433 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: STARstang: the Beginning?

maybe I'm just feeling ornery cuz I can't seem to create any new threads anymore
BUT
sitting here thinking that maybe a STARstang wouldn't be as good/cool/chanmé/KPYTO as
using
the S650 to Reboot Merc with a COUGAR
?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 433 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

why I *insist* on a longer wlb for the STARstang

let me know if the pic from AutoVerdict doesn't show for non-members

...added attachment from AutoVerdict @ puterlab
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stang PkgShelf.jpg (94.0 KB, 6 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 07-14-2016 at 04:48 PM.
post #323 of 433 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

woke up with the disquieting feeling that I've neglected the 3-series aspects of the STARstang...

New 2018 BMW 3 Series to feature all-electric version to rival Tesla...
...+ exclusive images preview
(that I can't see until later)
AutoExpress.co.UK
John McIlroy - 13 Jul, 2016

...new 2018 BMW 3 Series...will arrive with diesel, petrol and electric battery power to take on Tesla Model 3

BMW plans to fight back against the Audi A4, Jaguar XE and Mercedes C-Class by introducing a hi-tech 3 Series within the next 18 months – and the compact exec is set to get an all-electric version during its lifetime...

...The next-generation 3 Series, codenamed G20, gets a switch of chassis technology as the car leaves its existing platform and moves to an
all-new architecture called CLAR, for Cluster Architecture. CLAR brought in carbon-fibre construction techniques to the 7 Series when it was introduced on that car earlier this year, and elements will be retained on the limousine’s smaller brother...

...But it’s the electrification that could really push the next 3 Series clear of its opposition. BMW is working on a radical, fully electric solution as it strives to fend off competition from the forthcoming Tesla Model 3 in key markets like the US...

...The eDrive may not arrive until 2020, but there will be at least one plug-in hybrid from launch...

....We’d expect the 3 Series to make its debut next autumn, perhaps at 2017’s Frankfurt Motor Show, with sales starting in early 2018....

post #324 of 433 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
woke up with the disquieting feeling that I've neglected the 3-series aspects of the STARstang...

New 2018 BMW 3 Series to feature all-electric version to rival Tesla...
...+ exclusive images preview
(that I can't see until later)
AutoExpress.co.UK
John McIlroy - 13 Jul, 2016

...new 2018 BMW 3 Series...will arrive with diesel, petrol and electric battery power to take on Tesla Model 3

BMW plans to fight back against the Audi A4, Jaguar XE and Mercedes C-Class by introducing a hi-tech 3 Series within the next 18 months – and the compact exec is set to get an all-electric version during its lifetime...

...The next-generation 3 Series, codenamed G20, gets a switch of chassis technology as the car leaves its existing platform and moves to an
all-new architecture called CLAR, for Cluster Architecture. CLAR brought in carbon-fibre construction techniques to the 7 Series when it was introduced on that car earlier this year, and elements will be retained on the limousine’s smaller brother...

...But it’s the electrification that could really push the next 3 Series clear of its opposition. BMW is working on a radical, fully electric solution as it strives to fend off competition from the forthcoming Tesla Model 3 in key markets like the US...

...The eDrive may not arrive until 2020, but there will be at least one plug-in hybrid from launch...

....We’d expect the 3 Series to make its debut next autumn, perhaps at 2017’s Frankfurt Motor Show, with sales starting in early 2018....
New platform architecture is key to incorporating new drive train tech. New platforms are expensive but BMW can afford it since the 3-series is their main sales and profit driver. Ford can't be expected to keep up with this trend for lowly sedans (especially for Lincoln) because the F-150 is their main sales and profit driver.

SUVs and crossovers are king right now and luxury versions are less platform-centric than sedans and coupes. So I'll just be happy if Ford gets serious about RWD-based cars for Lincoln. Chasing moving luxury targets like BMW is futile when your bread and butter is mainstream. A hot, refined, luxurious 4-door Lincoln StarStang will work just fine especially if accompanied by strong aftermarket support. It can be done.
2b2 likes this.
post #325 of 433 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

can't seem to get to blueovalforums.com/forums/ just now
(about ready to murder the internet & all puters )
they have a convo today about the coming KA+/Fiesta
in which it really sounds like they're joining the quasi-Focus (imho "A.M.P") architecture language(philosophorm)

not that has that much to do with the(my) STARstang(s)

and maybe I shoulda put this in the CD4+3/cD6 thread
so
posting parts there: LINK
Bloggin likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 07-15-2016 at 07:58 PM.
post #326 of 433 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

can FLincMoCo be forced to build a STARstang Sportbrake/SportscarCuv?

The Corvette Z06 Station Wagon is Totally Legitimate
GMI / GMI / GMAuthority

by Michael Accardi April 5, 2016 // March 2013

Remember the “AeroWagen” Corvette concept Callaway built back in 2013? Well now it’s back and heading to production!

Callaway is saying it will begin converting Corvettes into sporty Shooting Brakes later this year– with the first batch slotted for delivery in Q4 2016.

The conversion process sees Callaway add a one-piece carbon fiber wagon roof and hatch; which the company says is totally reversible.

It uses the stock Corvette trunk hinge meaning it keeps the same factory cargo opening albeit with an increase in cargo capacity; the targa top remains totally functional.

Additionally Callaway claims their design offers better aerodynamic efficiency than stock.

It’s not just Z06 Corvettes that Callaway will convert either, they’ll take any derivative of the C7 Corvette Coupe so long as you bring the $15,000 for conversion costs and have a couple hours to wait.
glyphics and Bloggin like this.

post #327 of 433 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 01:05 AM
Focus RS WRC

From the Autoextremist:

The new Genesis G90 (from Hyundai) takes aim at the AudiA8, BMW 7 Series, Cadillac CT6, Lexus LS460 and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class by offering a seductive package of design, engineering, luxury refinement and product features that will give its competitors a real run for their money. The Genesis G90 is powered by a choice of two gasoline engines: an all-new 3.3-liter direct-injected, twin-turbocharged V6 engine with 365HP @ 6,000 rpm, or a 5.0-liter direct-injected V8 engine producing 420HP @ 6,000 rpm (both with premium fuel). Both engines come equipped with an advanced 2nd-generation 8-speed automatic transmission that is lighter and more efficient, with enhanced shift logic and speed, better acceleration, sport-mode mapping, and shifting smoothness. Manual shift capability - SHIFTRONIC® - is operated by steering wheel paddle shifters. A fundamental brand characteristic of all Genesis models is the careful blend of sporting agility and refined performance. An extensive research, development and testing regime for the G90 was conducted by Hyundai engineers at the company's European Test Center based at Germany’s iconic Nürburgring circuit, at the Namyang R&D Center and at the company's California Proving Grounds in the Mojave Desert. The Genesis engineering team tuned the G90’s ride, handling, steering feel and suspension damping with the aim of delivering an exhilarating driving experience with overall dynamics that are simultaneously luxurious, sporting in feel and refined. All G90 powertrains feature a driver-selectable Intelligent Drive Mode, which allows users to select from four modes - ECO (Fuel economy), SMART (Adaptive), SPORT (Dynamic focus) and INDIVIDUAL (Customized) - depending on conditions and driving preferences. An advanced H-TRAC® AWD system is available with either powertrain.

Ergo-design seating, including an electronically-controlled, 22-way power driver’s seat with power bolsters, cushion extension and shoulder adjustment, was approved by the German campaign for healthier backs, Aktion Gesunder Rücken (AGR). The G90 passenger seat offers 16-way adjustment. All front seat positions, side mirrors and steering column position are controlled by an integrated memory system. Front seats are both heated and ventilated. The rear outboard passenger seats are electronically-adjustable in 12 ways (14-ways for the right seat position, which is also approved by AGR) on the 5.0 V8 model. In addition, heated rear seats are standard, with ventilation on 5.0 V8 models. The rear seats on V8 models feature power slide linked with recline, shoulder-adjusters, rear lumbar support, 4-way head restraints and a rear integrated memory system with controls located on the rear doors.

"The Genesis Experience" will feature extensive consumer benefits, including 3 years/36K miles Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance; 3 years/36K miles Complimentary Valet Service; 3 years Complimentary Genesis Connected Services (including Connected Care, Remote, and Guidance); 3 years Complimentary SiriusXM® Travel Link (Traffic & Data); 3 years Complimentary Map Care with annual map updates and Enhanced Roadside Assistance and Concierge Services. Editor-In-Chief's Note: Hyundai may have wanted to make this move into the luxury arena before, but they weren't ready. I believe they are now. The G90 comes equipped with more of everything than its competitors as standard, and even though pricing hasn't been announced you can bet that the value proposition will be formidable. I think the efficacy of the G90 product will make it a real competitor worthy of consideration. How will it play out in the market? It will come down to how well the Genesis brand is marketed that will determine its fate.

My guess is that there are no shareholders named Hyundai sitting on their Board of Directors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 510_2017_Genesis_G90.jpg (88.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 460_2017_Genesis_G90.jpg (53.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 465_2017_Genesis_G90.jpg (65.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 493_2017_Genesis_G90.jpg (85.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 490_2017_Genesis_G90.jpg (86.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by 2b2; 08-13-2016 at 01:45 AM. Reason: just added Link
post #328 of 433 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

post #329 of 433 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Just saw an article on Motor1 about a concept they forgot (I never knew about) the 1987 Lincoln Vignale which was a V8 AWD convertible.
Here is the link http://www.motor1.com/news/94249/con...ln-by-vignale/
2b2 and hbmf3 like this.
post #330 of 433 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

O . M . G ^
THANK YOU, badhac *IF* I ever saw that, either blocked it out of my memory Or was so UNimpressed it left No recollection.
Imho representative of the personality-LESS space-pod era (maybe in an about-face from the baroque 70's?)
= angular doorstops / box the car came in
&
Even WORSE: Volvo Tundra concept-by-Bertone that my antique puter managed to display

I do enjoy clean-&-pure designs but these simplistic UN-designs are A false "reduction" imho, ignoring all opportunities for Style...
...wonder if I'd favor a more rounded/organic interpretation (thinking Neo- bath-tub Porsche Speedster)
OR if I'd only like ^either^ if done for a very few models as a contrast to the general trends??
badhac likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 08-17-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
beginning, cd6, lincstang, musstang, rwd, s650, starstang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page