Ford Inside News banner

Lincoln to reveal something "pretty special" this week

19K views 90 replies 21 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I was trying to look for significance in the photo, but it looks like any other Preferred trim MKZ. If the announcement is something regarding the MKZ, it's going to be a huge disappointment. MKZ sales are already back down to historical norms from the initial bump up. The longer Lincoln milks the MKZ without enhancing the product lineup beside it, the more difficult it will be for Lincoln to achieve their goals. Hopefully they start dropping more hints as the week goes on.

#11 ·
I think it will be the MKC and MKC Hybrid and possibly the MKZ Energi. Adding Hybrid and Energi version of Lincoln new cars is the fastest and most cost efficient way to expand their product lineup to attract a wider customer base.
Thats to much just for pebble beach. Maybe an addition to the MKZ or the MKC reveal but not the hybrid or Energi models of either cars. That would have to be saved for LA. LA is big on energy efficient cars as we all know. But with that said, my bet is on the MKC or a RWD concept...

#13 ·
is anyone else sorta perplexed by the phrase "pretty special"

dunno if they're under-hyping it and it'll be fabulous or what??
I wouldn't call a MKC with bespoke trim "pretty special". That's over-hyping, imo.

1) We pretty much know what the MKC will look like.
2) They've already previewed the bespoke trim on the MKZ and MKC Concepts.

At least we don't have to wait long to find out.

#14 ·
I wouldn't call a MKC with bespoke trim "pretty special". That's over-hyping, imo.

1) We pretty much know what the MKC will look like.
2) They've already previewed the bespoke trim on the MKZ and MKC Concepts.

At least we don't have to wait long to find out.
But they need to treat everything, even if it is an MKC, as "pretty special"

#15 ·
"Pretty special" could be a new version or a "special edition" MK Z. I think is not a new vehicle. In that case, had say "all new vehicle".
I hope that this "pretty special" vehicle is one that can occur at Ford-Lincoln assembly plants, not another "i cant produce this car in enough numbers to sell you,sorry" vehicle like the MK Z.

#17 ·
Thats to much just for pebble beach. Maybe an addition to the MKZ or the MKC reveal but not the hybrid or Energi models of either cars. That would have to be saved for LA. LA is big on energy efficient cars as we all know. But with that said, my bet is on the MKC or a RWD concept...
I agree, I'm thinking more on the line of the MKC or a new concept.

#18 ·
"Pretty Special"

Using Pretty as the qualifier to me say don't get to terribly excited or you'll end up disappointed. Of all the qualifiers they could have chosen they didn't pick one that would elevate your expectations, unfortunately. My interpretation is that saying something is "Pretty special" is saying that its less than fully "Special".

I hope I'm wrong and they're simply under promising and over delivering, but I doubt it.

#21 ·
Lincoln is planning on a new trim level, across the board. Ultra premium luxury. They even coined a name for it.
It could be that.
Interesting. But I think they really need to nail simple premium luxury before they try stepping off into ultra premium luxury. If Black Label ends up being the trim level that is equal to the luxury leaders then they're doing it wrong.

#23 ·
^ gotta ask for more of your thoughts, SP1966
I don't understand your reaction

imho Bespoke/whatever could start out by mostly being MORE CHOICES like:
more colors
un-Package-ing options/features
+ a *few* new features

maybe I'm just not reading that much into that "ultra-premium Luxury" phrase Wings used
&
TY Wingsnut
(again) for a timely 'hint'
You're saving lives my friend!
We're desperate!!

#26 ·
^ gotta ask for more of your thoughts, SP1966
I don't understand your reaction
Looking at the MKZ, the only truly current Lincoln, I see what looks to me like the perfect luxury interior... five years ago. It is very sleek, very modern, yet IMO still very cool, as in not warm. They may be equal on quality of construction and materials, but I don't think they are when it comes to warmth and style.

imho Bespoke/whatever could start out by mostly being MORE CHOICES like:
more colors
un-Package-ing options/features
+ a *few* new features

maybe I'm just not reading that much into that "ultra-premium Luxury" phrase Wings used
To me Ultra Luxury would suggest top level S-Class at a minimum, Rolls or Bentley at the top end. It is crazy to think that Lincoln has the vehicles, much less the ability to so at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.