Cx–5 - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 01:10 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Cx–5

My main point again, is that the Mazda straddles between (2) Ford vehicles, and when you select top trim models, with top option package and top engine, AWD, etc. for all the above, the prices are exactly as I retrieved them from their respective sites.

As for getting back to the Escape, I am more than happy to.
Escape has much more power, looks slightly better (no ugly wheels) and costs far less....key word here....comparatively.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

eaves-dropping...

"Our Focus is TERRIBLE for the car seat. I was hoping the Escape would be at least improved but it's not."

..."Try fitting a rear facing car seat back there... ...CR-V, CX-5, Equinox all offer a better space for car seats and kids. That's important in this segment."

"Yup. When we had to replace our Ridgeline we liked the Escape but the car seats wouldn't fit. Ended up with a CX-5 that has plenty of room, even though it looks smaller than the Escape."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 08-14-2017 at 04:20 PM. Reason: just spellig
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Ford Kuga

You guys must have some huge baby car seats over there.
wingsnut likes this.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Ford Explorer

American baby car seats need to accommodate a growing trend in our younger generations.

Seriously though, it is ridiculous to suggest an Escape can’t accommodate a baby seat, when I am just south of 6’ and fit easily back there.

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Ford Kuga

The Escape is tight for a rear facing car seat, my sister bought an Edge because of this.
2b2 likes this.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 08:45 PM
Ford Explorer

It's been a while since I used baby seats for rearward, but from what I recall, not all seats are the same. You can easily find a car seat that fits compact cars even.

And the 2017 Escape seems to be quite excellent at car seat convenience,

https://twinmom.com/safe-car/

So there appears to be a bit of misinformation and/or opinions out there.

Ford does however have the advantage of multiple sizes with the Edge fitting in there nicely offering lots of room and power.

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

usually at least once a month,
our local TV 'reports' how ~90%(?) of kiddo-seats are installed INcorrectly

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Ford Explorer

The seat shown above is good up to a certain age/weight. But certain seats are just better for infant protection, then seats with a much broader range of weight. Parents need to ante up for several seats. Their child is worth it. And then at some point, kids want to face forward and you want them to as well. The seat in that pic looks very similar to what we used, and it was quite convenient and idiot proof. I think some designs are not good, and inflate the poorly installed issue.

Anyway, great points. This is a class of vehicle that many young parents prefer. The taller seating makes getting them in and out much easier, than having to bend over in a sedan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page