2008 MAzda6 Pictures!!! - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2008 MAzda6 Pictures!!!

Oh...is this the MK R based new Linconl???????? No? are you sure????? look like that!!!!!
See that front fenders and compare with the MK R....are you sure this sedan are not based in the Lincoln concept MK R ????? Is gorgeous!! Is fantastic!!
Put a Linconl badge in this marvelous car with 3,7 lt V6 and 300 HP and sell it like MK SS...!!!!!!
And i want a hatchback version, ok? in red!

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

WoW!!!! look at those headlamps!! avant garde-Fusion style! look at the rear end.....gorgeous, with substance, with interesting surface....! look at those front fenders !!!!!!! FANTASTIC !!! The grille is very Mazda , too ordinary...maybe a deeper and bigger grille, like the Audi or Cadillac grilles, do better job. But the car is the most radical and atractive medium size car in the market!!!!!

Bravo, Mazda....Bravo!

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
WoW!!!! look at those headlamps!! avant garde-Fusion style! look at the rear end.....gorgeous, with substance, with interesting surface....! look at those front fenders !!!!!!! FANTASTIC !!! The grille is very Mazda , too ordinary...maybe a deeper and bigger grille, like the Audi or Cadillac grilles, do better job. But the car is the most radical and atractive medium size car in the market!!!!!

Bravo, Mazda....Bravo!
I think the only thing this has over the (new) Malibu is navigation, and the import luster

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
Megeebee, you are seing things lately, is everything alright where you are?
Actually, comparing this Mazda to the Sebring probably sounded like an insult. I hate the Sebring, myself. The only thing that prompted me to say that was the very short rear deck and general shape of the tail lights.

No offense meant.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbukukanyau View Post
I think the only thing this has over the (new) Malibu is navigation, and the import luster

What??? are you crazy???? the Malibu is atractive, but traditional...the Mazda is breakrules, in style department...the only thing near this car is the Mercedes S class

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Ford Sport Ka

Wow, I'm like shocked and pleased that this car is getting positive opinions like 90% of the time on various forums and sites. Of course fanboys of any particular brand will say this and that about the Mazda6. It like if the Mazda studio designers infused Japanese styling elements onto the Mondeo.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 11:59 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

From the pix I've seen, I still like the 'Bu a LOT,
but think I still rate the VectrAura, coming in just 2 years iirc, as equal to or better than everything else...
tho the CD3 MCEs next year might change that.

so many cars, so little time
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 03:04 AM
Ford Sport Ka

I question the C&D article, the Mazda6 needs to grow in size to match its competitions in the US and in Europe. The European mid-size class is now basically the same size as what we are used to in the US. The Ford Mondeo is around 190 inches long, that is basically the average size for a mid-size car in the US, and also look at the Opel Vectra and the Saturn Aura, it's just basically a badge engineering, the Saturn Aura is 191 inches. I don't believe that are two different models like what Honda did to the JDM/EU Accord and the USDM Accord with the USDM Accord really being the JDM Honda Inspire. If one looks at the spyshots of the Mazda6 taken in the US around California and Michigan, the only clearly differences are the location of the turning signal side markers, fog lights location, and the tail lights resembling more like the CX-9. Mazda wouldn't make the mistake of the 626 again and Mazda doesn't have the resources to make a two seperate models.

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 02:46 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

some interesting stuff from CSS

a size comparo between pix of the Mazda 6 hatch & the Volvo S80 (approx 190" ovl)
.jpg 723x592 from member, CharlotteNC.

and a Mazda email reply posted by member, Neburg964:

"Thanks for your e-mail. We are indeed getting a MAZDA6 designed and engineered solely
for the North American market. But I can assure you it'll be every bit as stylish and sporty as
its European counterpart and it won't be "softer." And although we can't talk about details
until next summer, we're absolutely confident that when the new 6 hits showrooms, it'll be the
best mid-size sedan on the market. Period.

Again thanks for your e-mail and interest, and stay tuned.

Best regards,

Jay Amestoy
Vice President, Public and Government Affairs
Mazda North American Operations"

though as member, SHEPO, observes:
"...maybe what Mazda means by having it "designed and engineered solely for the North American market" is changes that
need to be done in every market, such as differing engines, wheels, option packages, bumpers, lights, etc..."

imho, if the new U.S. Mazda6 is the same length as the S80(/Fusion/Camry) & therefore smaller than the new super-sized Accord, that'd be just fine.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 AM

Mazda6 at a Glance

• Second of the new-generation models representing an evolution of Zoom-Zoom after the all-new Mazda2
• 3 body styles: sedan, hatchback and estate
• 65 mm longer, 15 mm wider, 5 mm taller, with a 50 mm longer wheelbase (sedan and hatchback) than the first-generation Mazda6
• Exquisite craftsmanship: body gaps greatly reduced and higher quality materials introduced for a greatly improved premium feel
• Mazda’s Karakuri rear seat system (hatchback and estate): one-touch seat-drop function from a latch in the boot panel and an all-new boot tonneau cover for the estate that automatically moves up when the rear liftgate is opened
• Sporty performance feel enhanced by new six-point mounting system for the high-mount double wishbone front suspension and electric power assisted steering
• Excellent coefficient of drag (Cd) lowered to 0.27 (down from 0.30) for the sedan and hatchback, and to Cd 0.28 (down from 0.32) for the estate
• New 2.5-litre petrol engine (170 PS). Also available are 1.8 and 2.0-litre petrol engines and the MZR-CD 2.0 turbodiesel (140 PS)
• 1.8-litre and 2.0-litre petrol engines‘ fuel efficiency and CO2 levels improved by approximately 10 percent
• Active safety: large disc brakes, ABS, DSC, electronic traction control and brake assist (standard in Europe)
• Stopping distance from 100 km/h is 39 m on dry ground among the best in the class (Mazda in-house measurement)
• Passive safety: Mazda’s stiff and strong Triple-H body shell and up to six airbags (depending on market)
• New safety equipment includes Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), parking sensor, an extensive field of vision, Mazda’s first active headrest, crushable brake and clutch pedals and extensive pedestrian protection measures
• CF-Net (Cross Functional Network): combination of switches on the steering wheel which provide integrated control of navigation, audio, air conditioning, driving information, and other systems. Centralised display at the top of the instrument panel to minimise movement of the driver’s line of sight
• Independent air temperature controls, and optional (standard depending on grade) advanced keyless entry system with engine start-stop button• A BOSE® premium sound system with eight speakers and a Bluetooth® hands-free mobile-phone interface, are optional (standard depending on grade)
• Driver’s seat armrest with adjustable front-back slider mechanism

LAUNCH SCHEDULE
The new Mazda6 will be launched in Europe in November this year.

North America

There will be a dedicated new Mazda6 for the North American market, designed and engineered specifically for North America. More information will be provided during Summer 2008, closer to the launch of the North American model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mazda6, pictures

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page