Attention - Upcoming Password Changes - Ford Inside News Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Quote:
Quote:
Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 02:30 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

FYI: PROBLEM(s) with Password Changes

I'll pass along the above info + an addendum I found on GMI(below) but FYI @administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul8488-on-GMI
Link
...Couldn't log into FIN, though, no way to reset my password, sent an email for help, no answer after 3 Days...
Originally PM'ed by 2b2
Paul,
thinking I'd post a message at FiN for the admins if you (& prolley others) are still having problems...

Originally PM'ed by paul8488
Oh please do, tried again, I find it strange it doesn't direct me to a 'create a new password page', just says incorrect password. Thanks!

Quote:
" If you do not receive this email please go to the Contact Us page and select Other (under Subject), and type in 'Security Password Update Issues' "
also
" ...when the emails do come out, please be aware that the use of a special character in the text means that if you Double Click to copy, it will add a phantom space thus failing the password. Please use the drag and highlight method. "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 07:09 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

here's another @administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStopN @ GMI, who is "sccaSVT" here on FiN
Link
...I just tried to go to my FordInsideNews.com account & it's not allowing me in. If you haven't clicked on the "Forgot my password" link, it is supposed to send an email with a new password to use.

Ok, I followed the instructions at FIN, entered my email address & was told that it was not recognized. Either I had a different email address when I first registered & didn't update it or I had the email addy updated & it was wiped out of the database...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 03:07 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Well that was long and painful, but finally back in!
2b2 likes this.

Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us...

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 01:08 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

wb!

care to tell any locked-out members who read this
How you got it to work, Paul?

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Finally back! Just went through the normal steps of changing my password, now I'm good to go.
2b2 likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 02:03 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

another casualty - heard about by PM on GMI - sent to Admin separately
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Hi
Ive tried everything to log on there,
won't recognize name, password or email address.

Very strange because it all happened two days ago, before that all was working fine..

Jpd
I pm'ed him back asking if his email on record is still valid...

Last edited by 2b2; 07-05-2016 at 02:15 AM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Here is the steps for those having issues getting back in:

If you are unable to get your password resets properly sorted out due to old emails on your account still after the notice was sent out, we ask that you go down to the contact us area, and with the subject line of "password reset" add the following contents for me:

- Account Name
- Email On the account
- Email You need it changed to if need be

add all this, then hit send, and someone on our team will answer that email and fix your account up no problem.

You can do the same and send us a PM privately to have it manually changed, but due to the influx and us tackling a lot of issues, this would be a slower way of getting it reset. we recommend you use the contact us form to get it resolved if you can. If that does fail though and you have waited too long, send us a PM and we will Manually reset it. Just make sure you supply the information above for a quicker fix.

Also, If you do have the right email on your account, I would ask you to please check your spam/junk folders as sometimes with certain email providers, it tends to land in there.

if you all need anything else, please let me know.

~Shane
2b2 likes this.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 10:57 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ I'm wondering about if anyone doesn't even remember their old email

also if currently active members have buddies that are MIA, maybe contact them if you can to see if they're locked out...

...I just heard from Dequindre who's locked out of both FiN & GMI
& I'll post his updated info as soon as I get it,
here & at GMI

btw @HBMF3III ,
did you get the PM I sent you?

Last edited by 2b2; 07-07-2016 at 11:51 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 11:51 PM
Ford Ka

Thanks for your PM 2B2, I did receive it! I sent updated information to the Administrator with a new email address, but I've not received a response.
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page