post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Ford Focus

Send a message via Skype™ to Nitro
Re: forum problem? fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
I'm using AdBlockPlus (freebie) on Firefox = no probs with FiN ...or any forum

(tho some sites don't like that )
Yes. I use it too on all my browsers (Chrome, Opera and Firefox) and the issue remains the same with or without my AdBlockPlus.

Too much horse power is just enough!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Yes I do. Used it for almost 2 years now and had no issues using it on this site. Only recently did my issues start in the past month

Could you tell me what browser you are using as well as the ad blocker plugin you are using? There are different ways to solve this depending on the combination you use.
-Philip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Could you tell me what browser you are using as well as the ad blocker plugin you are using? There are different ways to solve this depending on the combination you use.
-Philip
I use Chrome, Opera, Firefox and use AdblockPlus on all of them. Also tried Internet explorer (Gasp!) and even their the problem still exist. I tried it wit adblock on and off. Still no success

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 08:02 PM
FIN Staff Member

I also use AdblockerPlus with Safari and no issues. With three different browsers having the same access issue, it just sounds like an account level problem.
2b2 likes this.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

@administrator can you login as Nitro to test if his account's permissions got messed up?

btw/fwiw, rmc523 can't remember any-much about when his account couldn't create posts;
for a while, he was messaging me on facebook with what he wanted to post, then I'd post it for him as a made-up Quote

edit:
looked thru old PMs and found Rmc's posting-problem dated from November 2015 - still dunno how it got fixed
Quote:
...I took a look at rmc523's permissions and it seems like for the Headline News section, registered users can only reply to other posts. They do not have permission to start threads are reply to their own. I think because you moved a thread that they started to that section, it considers this their post and will not allow them to respond.

~Sheena

OTOH
@Nitro , can you try making another, new account with a spare email account to see if that works?
if it doesn't, that'd sound like something with your system or internet provider might be a fault
maybe?

Last edited by 2b2; 06-03-2017 at 04:23 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
@administrator can you login as Nitro to test if his account's permissions got messed up?

btw/fwiw, rmc523 can't remember any-much about when his account couldn't create posts;
for a while, he was messaging me on facebook with what he wanted to post, then I'd post it for him as a made-up Quote

edit:
looked thru old PMs and found Rmc's posting-problem dated from November 2015 - still dunno how it got fixed

OTOH
@Nitro , can you try making another, new account with a spare email account to see if that works?
if it doesn't, that'd sound like something with your system or internet provider might be a fault
maybe?
I logged in from my friends computer as well as from an internet cafe. Still the same issue. I will try creating a new account and see if that works...
2b2 likes this.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Garage

@Nitro if you follow these steps it should allow you to still have the ad blocker turned on but shouldn't affect the site:

-visit our main site VerticalScope.com with your adblockers turned on.
-go in to the settings and disable the program for that site.
-this should carry over globally across any VS domains.

We've had issues lately with some ad blockers blocking our newer scripts. Give that a try and if it doesn't work let me know. If you can PM this account with your Password, we can test you account from our end.

Niall
2b2 likes this.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Ford Focus

Admin testing using account.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Garage

@Nitro I was able to post without using the quote function, so it looks like the account settings are fine. Do you get an error when you try post without quotes?

Niall

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
@Nitro I was able to post without using the quote function, so it looks like the account settings are fine. Do you get an error when you try post without quotes?

Niall
I don't get an error. Just NOTHING happens. When I click the "post reply" or "Like" button, it seems the buttons are not working. The mouse pointer changes to the hand pointer on those areas and when I click it seems that the buttons are "inactive" or something
administrator likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page