Site Help/Questions & Feedback/Suggestions - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Site Help/Questions & Feedback/Suggestions

Was going to post in an existing thread but decided to start this separately.

Help/Question:
I tried posting (twice) in Sobe's FordEurope:Iosis thread and got a "Needs to be Approved" msg. Is this a software glitch/'permissions' problem?

other stuff (Feedback/Suggestions - please, not to be construed as criticisms - just throwing out ideas ):
- Until other forum areas are added, maybe have a standardized thread title format (like this thread?) or sticky thread (like this thread?) for reporting "issues"?
- Sobe's excellent HistoryLesson thread makes me think maybe we could have an appropriate area for 'archivable' content? (took me a minute to re-find that thread just now) or are 'Tags' possible? &
- would putting GenDiscussion first on the forum list be good as a 'default' area? For a still-new forum, might it help generate a 'critical mass' area & make it easier to find the bulk of new posts? maybe even (temporarily?) incorporating the FordBrand & CorpNews sections?
- Does the 'Propose a Report or News Article' section imply a news ticker is being considered? Seems we're just starting news threads in the subject category... & consequently the very first section on the forum list is a mostly unused section :-p
- Could we have public groups/memberships? I've seen this feature listed in the profiles of serveral forums but never implemented (not like I want to officially get the MercuryMafia started Moi? Tho it might be fun to declare specific affliations? adding categories as warranted?)
...think I had more but my puter crashed during previous starts at this...

oh! &
- re-asking where chops should be posted? Tavern or GenDiscussion or either/don't-obsess-over-it?
plus
- it's probably my antique puter system (don't ask) but I can't create a sig or upload/link my avatar (or this slightly larger one). Can I ask a mod/admin to do it for me?
+ cross-referencing (OCD can be fun):
- Photochops/SuggestionBox area: link

that's it for now - back to indexing my socks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Ford Falcon

Re: Site Help/Questions & Feedback/Suggestions

Thank you soo much for your suggestions!! I really appriciate them. I have been saving all suggestions in a folder so that once I get the site issues iron out, key among them
  1. Firefox
  2. Software upgrade
  3. Vbadvanced front page that mods can update
I will get to all the other issues. I will look into the permission issue. I was not aware of that one.

I really would love for this site to be a place when we can all indulg into all things Ford... but key to success is building a good plartform that is going to stand the test of time. Bear with me

SobeSVT what direction do you think we should take? I like most of what 2b2 is saying... I think we should not add more forums until those software issues are sorted out due to data migration after the upgrade. we would want to keep all old posts up and going.

Anyone elses, like Igor or megebee and old dood.. (I do not see him anymore) are welcome to air their thoughts.

This is a great thread

I will never take offense to suggestions or critisms... soo feel free to speak your mind... Just do not say Toyotas are better than Fords

Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Focus RS WRC

I also got the "Needs To Be Approved" message for the Iosis concept thread. Thought I'd let you guys know.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
Thank you soo much for your suggestions!! I really appriciate them. I have been saving all suggestions in a folder so that once I get the site issues iron out, key among them
  1. Firefox
  2. Software upgrade
  3. Vbadvanced front page that mods can update
I will get to all the other issues. I will look into the permission issue. I was not aware of that one.

I really would love for this site to be a place when we can all indulg into all things Ford... but key to success is building a good plartform that is going to stand the test of time. Bear with me

SobeSVT what direction do you think we should take? I like most of what 2b2 is saying... I think we should not add more forums until those software issues are sorted out due to data migration after the upgrade. we would want to keep all old posts up and going.

Anyone elses, like Igor or megebee and old dood.. (I do not see him anymore) are welcome to air their thoughts.

This is a great thread

I will never take offense to suggestions or critisms... soo feel free to speak your mind... Just do not say Toyotas are better than Fords
I agree with you in keeping the forums tight in nuber until you feel comfortable with the sofware. I also think that FoMoCo News should grow in a very natural way and not try to be a clone of other message boards. In that sense I think that b2b's recommendation gives us a great map for future growth.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
I agree with you in keeping the forums tight in number until you feel comfortable with the sofware. I also think that FoMoCo News should grow in a very natural way and not try to be a clone of other message boards...
You guys are doing a GreatJob so far!
& what Sobe said is on the mark...
maybe even (temporary) Forum 'condensation'?... FordEurope + Australia/NZed = FordGlobal?, maaaaybe Mazda, Volvo, & Jag too? tho it's awfully nice having a dedicated ZoomZoomArea...
Just from personal experience (my sock drawers) too many classifications make things harder... tho another forum I used to hang at seems way waaaaay more classification-happy; but I have no idea how hard it is to add forums or subtract them without losing threads.

less serious stuff
- encourage members to fill-in their location - for when they make a locale-specific comment in a post w/o saying where (pet peeve)
- put suggestion in the poll-creating subroutine to (please) add an other/none-of-above choice (nother pet peeve)
&
when new stuff is being worked on, can steps be taken to keep the site working with oooooold puters/OS/software? I'm unable to upgrade & have lost access to several forums when they 'upgraded' :~(
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
You guys are doing a GreatJob so far!
& what Sobe said is on the mark...
maybe even (temporary) Forum 'condensation'?... FordEurope + Australia/NZed = FordGlobal?, maaaaybe Mazda, Volvo, & Jag too? tho it's awfully nice having a dedicated ZoomZoomArea...
Just from personal experience (my sock drawers) too many classifications make things harder... tho another forum I used to hang at seems way waaaaay more classification-happy; but I have no idea how hard it is to add forums or subtract them without losing threads.

less serious stuff
- encourage members to fill-in their location - for when they make a locale-specific comment in a post w/o saying where (pet peeve)
- put suggestion in the poll-creating subroutine to (please) add an other/none-of-above choice (nother pet peeve)
&
when new stuff is being worked on, can steps be taken to keep the site working with oooooold puters/OS/software? I'm unable to upgrade & have lost access to several forums when they 'upgraded' :~(
I think if I had someone who knows how to use Vbulletin, I might move faster
this is one thread I need to save

Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures?
or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

latest crazy idea (been a while)

I like to see who else is online (& don't like scrolling to the bottom)
since we don't have the problem of a huge list (yet)
could the Users Online be moved to the top of http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/index.php ?
or would that be undesireable/hassel to change?

also just noticed the
Currently Active Users: &
View Who's Online thingie (same link)
gives me the "you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:" error msg
(or is that just my puter? &
kinda redundant thingie too, isn't it? being right next to the listing
)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 05:18 AM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
latest crazy idea (been a while)

I like to see who else is online (& don't like scrolling to the bottom)
since we don't have the problem of a huge list (yet)
could the Users Online be moved to the top of http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/index.php ?
or would that be undesireable/hassel to change?

also just noticed the
Currently Active Users: &
View Who's Online thingie (same link)
gives me the "you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:" error msg
(or is that just my puter? &
kinda redundant thingie too, isn't it? being right next to the listing)
I like it at the bottom lol!

FR: Official FoMoCo News Moderator/Editor
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

ok, how about this one

(actually not positive this isn't the case cuz I haven't tried it but also haven't seen this anywhere else)
Is it possible to make a Poll and have it rank the choices of each input of a multi-answer poll?
Not like where each choice counts equally

This refers to the poll I mentioned in the Accord thread and I was reminded of by a poll at GMI just now -
for ranking the new* & current midsize cars
so if the choices were (reverse-alphabetically)
MKZ, Milan, Mazda6*, Malibu*, G6, Fusion, Camry, Aura, Accord*

I'd be able to vote (with numerical input)
[4] MKZ
[3] Milan
[1] Mazda6*
[2] Malibu*
[7] G6
[5] Fusion
[9] Camry
[6] Aura
[8] Accord*
instead of only being able to at best "pick 3" or sumthin

No idea if numerical input could be allowed/coded for
but imho it'd make (some) poll results much more meaningful
[& maybe your IT person, Ra(upon whom blessing for eternity) could sell it to other forums if he got it to work ]

edit: oops almost forgot (& haven't checked but) was a reminder to add an other/none-of-the-above choice
inserted into the poll making page?
re-edit/update: see posts 7 & 8 in the 2-Focii thread for examples...
could an Other/"2b2" answer choice &:blush: be inserted automatically?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Just had a strange occurence when titling a new thread in the Design section.

I tried to make it XF.2 with both X and F in caps but it made the F lowercase after submitting

then tried permutations
XF 2
"XF 2"
"XF.2"
and got (going from memory)
Xf 2
"xf 2"
"Xf.2"

Can this be corrected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
feedback or suggestions, help or questions, site

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page