Tired Buicks Models Getting Facelifts - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
Uf XLR went to a Saloon based set up.. it would loose its handling Edge over competation.. like Lexus SC and SL.
I think they should keep it based on the Corvette frame
I didnt think it was on the Corvette chassis. If it is on it now, then they'd better keep the next gen on it. If it handles like a Corvette, it should definately stay on its' platform to keep its handling edge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
I didnt think it was on the Corvette chassis. If it is on it now, then they'd better keep the next gen on it. If it handles like a Corvette, it should definately stay on its' platform to keep its handling edge.

It is indeed on the C6 platform. The XLR is built along side the Corvette in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The XLR has been something of a disappointment to Cadillac, sales wise. But because it is built where it is, and with a very popular and profitable sister vehicle, it will probably continue. It's handling and performance seem always to be praised. It's magnetic suspension system is also well regarded. In my opinion, the interior holds it back. As well as the pricing. It should sticker for about 10% less than it does.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mercury is alive and well. It's called Lincoln.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
It is indeed on the C6 platform. The XLR is built along side the Corvette in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The XLR has been something of a disappointment to Cadillac, sales wise. But because it is built where it is, and with a very popular and profitable sister vehicle, it will probably continue. It's handling and performance seem always to be praised. It's magnetic suspension system is also well regarded. In my opinion, the interior holds it back. As well as the pricing. It should sticker for about 10% less than it does.
The XLR isn't exactly a looker, it looks like a cracker about to break. Its aestetical disadvantages are magnified by the gorgeous good looks of its competitors, XK and SL especially.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
The interior is defanitely not as nice as its competitiors like the Jaguar XK and the Mercedes SL. But Cadillac has come along way since the XLR came out. There is a good chance when the new XLR comes out it will be a big improvement.

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
The XLR isn't exactly a looker, it looks like a cracker about to break. Its aestetical disadvantages are magnified by the gorgeous good looks of its competitors, XK and SL especially.
Again, a matter of opinion. I think it's beautiful. I was having some service done on my more plebian Cadillac last Saturday and spent the short wait time drooling over the black, '06 V-series XLR on display in the showroom. The manager asked me to step away from it a little. ( I was blocking the $5,000.00 discount sign.)

Alas.

To be unappreciated in one's own lifetime....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mercury is alive and well. It's called Lincoln.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Again, a matter of opinion. I think it's beautiful. I was having some service done on my more plebian Cadillac last Saturday and spent the short wait time drooling over the black, '06 V-series XLR on display in the showroom. The manager asked me to step away from it a little. ( I was blocking the $5,000.00 discount sign.)

Alas.

To be unappreciated in one's own lifetime....
Lets just say that strictly talking about design, your "more plebeian" Cadillac is an inmensly better car than the XLR, in my opinion of course. The CTS much more authentic and that for me is of great value and permeates very easily to tthe collective contience of the buying public. The CTS is its own thing while the XLR is a not a not too happy attempt to fly where it doesn't belong. The new CTS only makes things better for Cadillac, although not that much better.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Lets just say that strictly talking about design, your "more plebeian" Cadillac is an inmensly better car than the XLR, in my opinion of course. The CTS much more authentic and that for me is of great value and permeates very easily to tthe collective contience of the buying public. The CTS is its own thing while the XLR is a not a not too happy attempt to fly where it doesn't belong. The new CTS only makes things better for Cadillac, although not that much better.
If I recall, the XLR more than held its own in tests aganist the Blue bloods of Europe ... outperforming them becouse its covertte heritage.... and trashed the SC.. when it came out.

It was critisized for interior quality.. for not being up to snuff.. but that has been fixed by adding wood.. and whiter colors and leather on all surfaces in the platinum edition..

But.. perceptions have not changed.. Alas.. But.. the XLR is due for replacement like now.. they should not push it to 2010

Remember some of these cars, some of us may never afford.. unless its a tired 12 year old...

What was this discussion about? Tired Buick Models??
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbukukanyau
If I recall, the XLR more than held its own in tests aganist the Blue bloods of Europe ... outperforming them becouse its covertte heritage.... and trashed the SC.. when it came out.

It was critisized for interior quality.. for not being up to snuff.. but that has been fixed by adding wood.. and whiter colors and leather on all surfaces in the platinum edition..

But.. perceptions have not changed.. Alas.. But.. the XLR is due for replacement like now.. they should not push it to 2010

Remember some of these cars, some of us may never afford.. unless its a tired 12 year old...

What was this discussion about? Tired Buick
I don't doubt it did but I am talking about design. I am just stating my opinion that the XLR is a very ugly car. I don't see any reedeming factor in its look, especially in its price segment. Corvette heritage is great but not a very impressive credential when you are competing with SL heritage. Nothing can be taken for granted in this segment.

Hopefully Cadillac will come with a good looking replacement for the XLR. Just by looking at the CTS makes me think they have the talent, somewhere in there.

post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Quote:
I don't doubt it did but I am talking about design. I am just stating my opinion that the XLR is a very ugly car. I don't see any reedeming factor in its look, especially in its price segment. Corvette heritage is great but not a very impressive credential when you are competing with SL heritage. Nothing can be taken for granted in this segment.

Hopefully Cadillac will come with a good looking replacement for the XLR. Just by looking at the CTS makes me think they have the talent, somewhere in there.
True.. a Rounded butt would have helped.
My personal opinion is that the Covertte is very close to Porsche like status.. if they keep improving.. Even Europeans cannot ignore it now
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
True.. a Rounded butt would have helped.
My personal opinion is that the Covertte is very close to Porsche like status.. if they keep improving.. Even Europeans cannot ignore it now
They definately cannot afford to ignore the Corvette. Now, especially with the 600 hp version on the way even though it will be available in limited numbers should have Porshe and friends starting to tremble.

About the XLR. It is a nice car. I have never sat inside one, but by the looks of the pictures, the Jag XK and the Mercedes SL look better.

Jaguar:
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh..._Dashboard.jpg

Mercedes:
http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Images/...sRedesign1.jpg

In my opinion the Jag is the best looking, I love the wood they use and the simple design.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
buicks, facelifts, models, tired

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page