Tired Buicks Models Getting Facelifts - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Tired Buicks Models Getting Facelifts

Spy Reports: 2008 Buick LaCrosse Super and Lucerne
Caught during winter testing in northern Michigan, the 2008 Buick LaCrosse Super (pictured at right, top) will be unveiled at the New York auto show later this month, GM said today. It has a new front, the grille is larger than the present model, and its vertical bars are taller and set wider apart.

However, it looks like the fenders and hood are unchanged, reflecting Buickís decision to save money by restricting the changes to the grille, front fascia and lower air intake.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4213134.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Ford Mondeo

I'm sure they're OK. But I can't imagine they are meant as anything but place-holders while new models are being prepared.......

..............soon.

I hope.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mercury is alive and well. It's called Lincoln.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
So the Lacrosse is leaving its Taurus face behind or is going to go deeper into it?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Ford Mondeo

Away from it............(as if it matters)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mercury is alive and well. It's called Lincoln.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
So the Lacrosse is leaving its Taurus face behind or is going to go deeper into it?
I always thought buick La Crosse was an opportunity wasted
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
I always thought buick La Crosse was an opportunity wasted
Supposedly is the first Lutz baby. Remember all the press about Lutz rejecting the production approved car. If this is what they ended up with I wonder what that thing was . . .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Focus RS WRC

I always thought that the Buick Lucerne was a good looking and cleanly styled car, with a nicely finished interior and good value with the V-8. The Allure/Lacrosse on the other hand.......

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Supposedly is the first Lutz baby. Remember all the press about Lutz rejecting the production approved car. If this is what they ended up with I wonder what that thing was . . .
it was probably grotesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
I always thought that the Buick Lucerne was a good looking and cleanly styled car, with a nicely finished interior and good value with the V-8. The Allure/Lacrosse on the other hand.......
I agree with u. I would get a Lucerne if I needed a large sedan.. But with Mercury

with AWD, I think buick might loose out. Especially the 2008 Version.. I priced top a 2007 top of the range with leather and navigation heated seats etc.. came to an MSRP of $32K.. Why do people buy Avalon?
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
it was probably grotesque

I agree with u. I would get a Lucerne if I needed a large sedan.. But with Mercury

with AWD, I think buick might loose out. Especially the 2008 Version.. I priced top a 2007 top of the range with leather and navigation heated seats etc.. came to an MSRP of $32K.. Why do people buy Avalon?

Good point. When the new Mercury Sable comes out, especially with the V-6 that makes almost as much power as the V-8 in the Lucerne (263 vs 270 I think), will make it a good competitor to the Avalon and the Lucerne. But then again if you want to spend a little less money, you could get the new Taurus for less which makes it even a better deal.

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
Good point. When the new Mercury Sable comes out, especially with the V-6 that makes almost as much power as the V-8 in the Lucerne (263 vs 270 I think), will make it a good competitor to the Avalon and the Lucerne. But then again if you want to spend a little less money, you could get the new Taurus for less which makes it even a better deal.
would you get the same features in a Taurus err five hundrend you would in a Mercury?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
buicks, facelifts, models, tired

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page