Autoextremist: DCX no more. Daimler Chrysler soon to be Daimler Benz. - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Autoextremist: DCX no more. Daimler Chrysler soon to be Daimler Benz.

Chrysler Group. If there's any doubt that The End is Near for the Chrysler Group as we know it, an addendum to the agenda of the DaimlerChrysler AG's shareholder meeting on April 4 made it quite clear, as shareholders are putting on the table for a vote the idea of changing the name of the parent company from DaimlerChrysler AG back to its original name - Daimler-Benz AG - in preparation for the jettisoning of the Chrysler Group. Why? According to the shareholder proposal: "Maintaining a corporate name that evokes associations with the failure of the business combination with Chrysler is detrimental to the image of the corporation and its products. This is all the more true as unflattering nicknames such as Doting Daimler, Daimler-Crisis or even Crime-ler have long been in circulation. The disadvantages this entails for shareholders, customers and employees can only be borne at most for a short transition period until there is a proper separation from Chrysler. If a proper separation cannot be effected within one year, this would only serve to underscore the need to remove this affliction on the image from the corporation's name." Goodbye, farewell, so long, vaya con dios...

for more CLICK HERE

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Ford Falcon

I hope GM takes over the Dodge brand and Build the Hornet in South Korea. Kill the Chrysler brand..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Focus RS WRC

It is sad to see the Chrysler Group doing so poorly again after Lee Iacocca had fixed it. It looks like they need him again in 2007.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
It is sad to see the Chrysler Group doing so poorly again after Lee Iacocca had fixed it. It looks like they need him again in 2007.
They neglected all areas of business that matter. Quality, Fuel Economy.. Resale Value.. etc..
Every single thing they do is also run.. me too.. together with Mitsubishi.. Even designs have suffered lately
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
They neglected all areas of business that matter. Quality, Fuel Economy.. Resale Value.. etc..
Every single thing they do is also run.. me too.. together with Mitsubishi.. Even designs have suffered lately
I agree. The last really good design that Chrylser has come up with was the 300.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Lee Iacocca almost drowned Chrysler in the last years of his longer-than-it-should-have-been reign. The people who should get the credit for the great company the Chrysler was until 1998 when it was taken over by Daimler Benz are Bob Lutz, Tom Gale, their teams and others whose names escape me right now (remember that Iacocca was practically forced out by the BOD in 1993). Their "leader" was a pathetic figured named Robert Eaton, but he had little to do with what the company was then and a lot to do with the sad footnote that Chrysler's history is becoming today.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Lee Iacocca almost drowned Chrysler in the last years of his longer-than-it-should-have-been reign. The people who should get the credit for the great company the Chrysler was until 1998 when it was taken over by Daimler Benz are Bob Lutz, Tom Gale, their teams and others whose names escape me right now (remember that Iacocca was practically forced out by the BOD in 1993). Their "leader" was a pathetic figured named Robert Eaton, but he had little to do with what the company was then and a lot to do with the sad footnote that Chrysler's history is becoming today.
I cannot imagine this company surviving.. without some serious capital injection from somewhere
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
Now that you mention it, I read the interview with Tom Gale in the latest issue of MT. At one point he said that Lee Iacocca was getting too old and not keeping up with what people wanted so this makes sence.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I read the interview with Tom Gale in the latest issue of MT. At one point he said that Lee Iacocca was getting too old and not keeping up with what people wanted so this makes sence.
I think that Gale was really generous and a gentleman, I read and enjoyed that interview too. Iacocca almost destroyed the company that he help to save. At the end he was irrational at best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
autoextremist, benz, chrysler, daimler, dcx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page