post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

BREAKING: Autoextremist to BUY AlfaRomeo

looks like this section gets ignored...

A GIANT WELL SEE.
Autoextremist
- Peter M. DeLorenzo - APRIL 11, 2018

...it has been easy for me to criticize the notion of a rejuvenated Alfa Romeo, especially when you throw in the constant it wont be long now bleating that seems to come with every FCA product initiative. But, and this will be a shock for most, I am about to take the leap to find out about the Alfa Romeo brand for myself...

...I have my own lingering questions about Alfa Romeo. Is it viable in this market? Does it have a real chance? How does it feel? How does it drive? How is it to live with on a daily basis? There really is only one way to get answers to those questions from my perspective. And its not by having an Alfa to drive for a week. So, I am in the process of acquiring a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti AWD. And no, it isnt being provided by the manufacturer for a free, long-term test drive. I am engaged in this process like a reader would be Ive been to the dealer, Ive got the lease numbers and I should be driving it today.

Do I need to do this? No, but as critical as Ive been of FCA through the years, I am going to give the Stelvio a real shot. And I will provide occasional updates in our On the Table column. Incredibly enough, it will be only the third Italian car Ive ever owned. The first was a used 68 Fiat 850 Coupe, and then there was a new 80 Fiat Strada, because I worked on the sales training materials for that car. And now, the Stelvio.

I dont know if its a leap of faith, but its a leap nonetheless.

And a giant Well See.

And thats the High-Octane Truth for this week.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pete s Stelvio.jpg (12.2 KB, 77 views)
scford58 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 11:41 PM
Focus RS WRC

Re: BREAKING: Autoextremist to BUY AlfaRomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
looks like this section gets ignored...

A GIANT WELL SEE.
Autoextremist
- Peter M. DeLorenzo - APRIL 11, 2018

...it has been easy for me to criticize the notion of a rejuvenated Alfa Romeo, especially when you throw in the constant it wont be long now bleating that seems to come with every FCA product initiative. But, and this will be a shock for most, I am about to take the leap to find out about the Alfa Romeo brand for myself...

...I have my own lingering questions about Alfa Romeo. Is it viable in this market? Does it have a real chance? How does it feel? How does it drive? How is it to live with on a daily basis? There really is only one way to get answers to those questions from my perspective. And its not by having an Alfa to drive for a week. So, I am in the process of acquiring a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti AWD. And no, it isnt being provided by the manufacturer for a free, long-term test drive. I am engaged in this process like a reader would be Ive been to the dealer, Ive got the lease numbers and I should be driving it today.

Do I need to do this? No, but as critical as Ive been of FCA through the years, I am going to give the Stelvio a real shot. And I will provide occasional updates in our On the Table column. Incredibly enough, it will be only the third Italian car Ive ever owned. The first was a used 68 Fiat 850 Coupe, and then there was a new 80 Fiat Strada, because I worked on the sales training materials for that car. And now, the Stelvio.

I dont know if its a leap of faith, but its a leap nonetheless.

And a giant Well See.

And thats the High-Octane Truth for this week.

That's a big step for PMD. I once owned an Alfa. Rust never sleeps.
2b2 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

micro update ... maybe nano?
http://www.autoextremist.com/on-the-...y-16-2018.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 10:41 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
Mikey likes it!
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page