Fiat 500e Investment... - Ford Inside News Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

Fiat 500e Investment...

FCA announced an $800m investment in EV factory for the next Fiat 500e.

https://www.insideevs.com/news/35928...-electric/amp/

As a current 500e owner, I gave to say version 2 should address all shortcomings of the current version: more interior space, longer range, updated electronics, and a vert should be available. I think it should actually sell better than the cheap ICE version, as they are building it as a more upscale version from the beginning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: Fiat 500e Investment...

You own a 500e?
My condolences. I am kidding. Partially.

So what is the real world range, if the advertised amount is like 82 miles? And did you really pay about $34K for it when it really is just a 2 seater....assuming you want to carry anything bigger than a brief case? Sorry, I just don't get that car. But as long as you enjoy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
You own a 500e?
My condolences. I am kidding. Partially.

So what is the real world range, if the advertised amount is like 82 miles? And did you really pay about $34K for it when it really is just a 2 seater....assuming you want to carry anything bigger than a brief case? Sorry, I just don't get that car. But as long as you enjoy it.
...no, bought end of 2016 for $7800. Had 18k miles on it. It’s paid for and costs me $20/mo in electricity to operate. It’s also a hoot to drive. I absolutely love it, despite its flaws.

As for carrying capacity, you’d be surprised. A buddy was asking me about it because he was considering one when he found out how cheap it was. Wanted to know if golf clubs would fit in it. With the rear seats down, clubs will fit sideways with room to spare. I use it to haul cases and cases of stuff all the time. If it were 6” longer, a bike with the front wheel off would fit fine. As it is I have to push the passenger seat all the way forward.

The new version will fix all my issues with the current one and be available as a Cabrio so I can justify it as a weekend toy car too.

Last edited by mooseman; 07-11-2019 at 04:04 PM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Ford Explorer

Glad to hear. But wow, talk about depreciation. You did well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Glad to hear. But wow, talk about depreciation. You did well.
...no one was buying them with cash. They were all $99/mo lease compliance cars. I think they go for $4500 at auction, last I saw. They’re a helluva bargain if you have a regular commute. My range is about 104 in summer and 60 in dead ass super cold winter day, so 82 is a fair middle range for 80% of the time.

Last edited by mooseman; 07-11-2019 at 05:05 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Ford Explorer

....104 in the summer? You don't use AC? You must live in a cool climate. AC kills your range about same as winter heater, if you use it enough.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Ford Focus

Quote:
....104 in the summer? You don't use AC? You must live in a cool climate. AC kills your range about same as winter heater, if you use it enough.
Misinformed as usual....AC does not kill your range.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Quote:
...maybe 10mi. Summer here varies from tolerable without AC to impossible without AC. But, if I’m at 100% in the morning and toggle HVAC range will drop 10%.

Last edited by mooseman; 07-11-2019 at 07:36 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Zip it troll, adults are talking....
falcon lover likes this.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...maybe 10mi. Summer here varies from tolerable without AC to impossible without AC. But, if I’m at 100% in the morning and toggle HVAC range will drop 10%.
Obviously it depends dramatically on amount of use. If it's a hot day and you are stuck in traffic, and you don't want to sweat by turning it off and on, you are dramatically increasing the Wh per mile use. I have heard people claim that it is on par with moderate use of the heater in winter. Electric AC draws a significant amount of power.

Anyway, everyone's mileage will vary. That statement has never been more true, than with hybrids and BEV.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page