2016 Lexus LX spied undisguised inside and out - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Ford Mondeo

Re: 2016 Lexus LX spied undisguised inside and out

The NX looks nice to me from the side and rear view but that grille does not look good from the front. The predator grille looks better on the cars vs the cuv's/suv's.

The Navigator looks a lot better in person but still dated to anybody familiar with the pre-refresh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
Absolutely, inside and out the Navigator looks like a tacky and overstuffed cargo van without a hint of modernity or quality with a grille that is probably just as offensive to look at as that Lexus (although the Lexus looks less haphazardly done). The Navigator is a huge steaming pile of suck stinking up the Lincoln showroom, I'm so anxious to see it out of there but I know we have many years to go.

I actually like the dramatic textured modern design of the Lexus, but what I don't like are huge overhangs and that's what you get right here.

In either case, none of these are my cup tea. The few in this segment that get the design right come from England and Germany, and that has more to do with quality and precision with balanced restrained design. Navigator isn't garish but it's extremely outdated and lacks precision.
I agree with you when you say that the best in this segment come from England and Germany: the Land Rover Range Rover and the Porsche Cayenne-VW Touareg twins are the best offering in the big luxury SUVs market.

About the Lexus design languaje, is too busy for my taste. And that grille is unpalatable for me... In general, the design of the japanese brands is not to my liking. Too many lines, complicated surfaces, overstyled details. I prefer the simplicity of the german or today american design trends.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Ford Explorer

That front end works so much less bad on cars than SUVs/CUVs. I'm going to let Sir Charles express his dismay here...

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Ford Focus

I spoke with several loyal Lexus LS owners and all have decide to go with the flow of the front grill design. They don't like the looks of it; but see no other alternative!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
I spoke with several loyal Lexus LS owners and all have decide to go with the flow of the front grill design. They don't like the looks of it; but see no other alternative!
A friend's parents that had an '07 LS just recently purchased a '15 A8L because they don't like the spindle grille. I realize everyone's different though, and while it works for some, it doesn't for others.
2b2 and ThomasWC like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 03:44 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

hmm...
now I'm wondering, Rmc^^^

maybe Lexoid is deliberately "pushing" the fugly-extremes...as long as they meet whatever they think are adequate numbers
since
they have the built-in EASY-FIX of an attractively design frontend (cheap to change)
+
all the PENT-UP Demand for/by/of people who aren't style-blind

but No Way I'll believe that about Acura!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2016, inside, lexus, spied, undisguised

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page