Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:02 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Hyundai Announces "Genesis" Luxury Brand

Former Lamborghini exec to head Hyundai's Genesis brand
LeftlaneNews

by Justin King - Dec 28th, 2015

Hyundai has appointed former Lamborghini executive Manfred Fitzgerald to lead its newly formed Genesis brand.

During more than a decade at Lamborghini, Fitzgerald served as the director of branding and design. He is credited with helping the Raging Bull transform from a "prototype car company" to an established luxury marque as sales increased by 10-fold...

..."Based in Hyundai Motor Headquarters Seoul, Mr. Fitzgerald will be in charge of establishing and executing strategies for the Genesis brand as the Senior Vice President," Hyundai said in a statement. "For the brand to set a strong foothold in the global luxury car market, he will take a core role in brand strategy, marketing and other business operations within the Genesis brand."

The Genesis brand will eventually encompass six new models by the end of the decade...

...Unlike most luxury brands operated by mainstream automakers, Hyundai will not establish a separate sales network for its Genesis lineup. The company will also be targeting 'new luxury' buyers, attempting to snag customers who are ready to take a step upmarket but have not yet decided on a particular brand. The strategy appears to acknowledge the difficulties in converting customers who already own a luxury vehicle from an established brand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofl Wafflez View Post
Ummm. Sorry but I have to say, the Genesis has the nicest interior you'll find in a sub-50k car. It also rides and drives like a $50k car.

Equus needs some work.

And I'm saying this as a Lincoln fan.
Eh, I sat in the Genesis at the auto show a month or so ago, and was very surprised at some of the obviously cheap materials used, especially like the door handles and similar things like that. Same went for the Kia K900. The handles on both seemed like they'd snap off over time they were that cheap feeling.
2b2 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Ford Flex

I was in the back of a Genesis a couple years ago and the headroom was terrible. Another issue for me was the grab handle above the door seemed to stick out and almost contact my head.
2b2 likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

I remember sitting in the Equus at the NY Auto Show and a lot of the switches like the power seat switched were really flimsy and cheap. Later that week Autoline had one of those online shows with a chat box and I mentioned that and others agreed with me that had sat in the car.

Genesis on the other hand I can't complain about, one that I sat in was very well done. My biggest issue was that only the drivers seat was heated and cooled while the passenger was heated only which they fixed with the redesign.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 09:19 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Envoy says, "Guys, The Genesis G90 Is The Real Deal"

swiped from Envoy4Life @ GMI

Moving onto the interior, throw out EVERYTHING you know about the Equus and the Hyundai company in general; this car means business. Leather is soft, abundant, and supple, virtually everything that you can touch is covered in either leather, metal, or wood, and the attention to detail is fantastic. Even the headliner feels fantastic and of very high quality. The back seat is huge, roomy, and everything is high quality.

ThomasWC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: The new Genesis G90

Very nice car, a little on the bland side, but a very nice interior and inoffensive exterior priced right can go a long ways!

What is the red triangle in the center of the dash? Hazard lights? It sticks out like a sore thumb.
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Ford Flex

The interior looks so dated and boring.
The whole car looks like Buick's interpretation of a Mercedes in 1999!
Dequindre likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 12:19 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

not sure this is the most recent G90 thread...
Genesis G90 to start at $69K in US market
LeftlaneNews.com

Reflecting the Korean automaker's ambitious plan for the brand, the flagship sedan will start at $69,050 (including $950 freight). The base model is equipped with a 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6, sending 365 horsepower to the rear wheels.

Opting for all-wheel drive brings the 3.3T package up to $71,550, slightly higher than the 5.0-liter V8 RWD configuration at $70,650. The range-topping all-wheel-drive V8 edition fetches $73,150.

For comparison, the G90's entry point is well above the Cadillac CT6...

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/genesis-...#ixzz4J9vnodGr

older thread
https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums...-flagship.html

Last edited by 2b2; 09-03-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page