Spy Shots: 2008 Honda Accord sedan caught! - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Spy Shots: 2008 Honda Accord sedan caught!

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/11/s...d-sedan-spied/
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.au...iddy12_450.jpg

Ace spy photographer Chris Doane happened upon a very lightly disguised 2008 Honda Accord sedan development vehicle doing some hot weather testing, and fortunately for us had his camera on him (we think he sleeps with a Canon under his pillow). The Accord is certainly one of Honda's most important products, and we can see from these shots that the sedan will look similar but not identical to the Accord coupe that was unveiled as a concept last January in Detroit and has already been spotted out in the wild. Brenda Priddy & Co. notes the sedan is lacking the honeycomb grille from the coupe and certain lines of the body are different. In our estimation, it's a fairly vanilla design, which is in keeping with this car's purpose of appealing to the largest demographic possible in the midsize sedan segment.

While this mule was likely a four-cylinder model, we expect a new 3.5L V6 from Honda for the Accord with at least 270 horsepower when the car debuts later this year. Expect lower emissions, however, and tricks like cylinder deactivation to increase the car's fuel economy at the same time. The four-cylinder, meanwhile, will likely have around 180 horsepower. Production of the new Accord should start in September or October with deliveries to dealerships arriving not long after.

Check out higher resolution spy shots of the 2008 Honda Accord sedan from various angles by viewing the gallery. For reference, also check out the high-res gallery of the Accord Coupe Concept by clicking here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 12:52 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Spy Shots: 2008 Honda Accord sedan caught!

Thanks for posting this, 1931Chevy (hope Chris&Brenda don't mind the one small(er) pic)

THIS is the car that's gonna make me write my 'GlobalDesignConcensus' thoughts down - the Accord is soooo 'au courant' and yet even tho all the proper-lines are in all their proper-places, it does almost nothing for me - maybe cuz it 'distills' what everyone else is doing but adds nothing new?
('course at the rate I'm going it'll be spread over 4 or more threads)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Yhanks to our good friend Hoosier Ron from GMInsidenews he brought this to the Accord disccusion and al I can say is that if I was the BMW designer I would be really pissed
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.au...7_priddy14.jpg

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Ford Kuga

Chevy 1931, I think I can say with confidence that this does not look like its going to wow anybody. I hope that Ford, and especially GM's Malibu, has a good enough interior and perhaps navigation to be a player now...

With the Fusion, Milan Aura, and now the 2008 Malibu, there is no real good reason why anyone American should buy an import commuter Sedan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931Chevy View Post
Yhanks to our good friend Hoosier Ron from GMInsidenews he brought this to the Accord disccusion and al I can say is that if I was the BMW designer I would be really pissed

Its such a blatant copy, its not even funny

Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndwariga View Post
Its such a blatant copy, its not even funny
Only the Accord looks alot plainer. Whats up with the door handles on it, they dont look normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
accord, caught, honda, sedan, shots, spy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page