Ford Inside News Community - View Single Post - Fusion/Fiesta/Taurus Officially Cancelled
View Single Post
post #510 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Assimilator
Ford Kuga

Re: Fusion/Fiesta/Taurus Officially Cancelled

C-Max, S-Max, Galaxy, and all their Wagons need to be converted to crossover utilities which seems to be on the horizon but it's going to take a long time. I really have no idea what they are going to do about their cars but it's such a crucial part of their marketshare and I guess they just have to let this generation of product play out and decide at the end of it. I think part of the hold-up at Ford is that they are a 'legacy' company with an entrenched audience that's shrinking which means they tend to hang-on to old ideas even if they know they are going to sell fewer of them. Ford in NA is taking far bigger progressive actions than Europe and it's really time we get a sense of a major next step for Ford EU. Brexit might have doomed Ford's EU operation, I'm not sure what kind of headwinds they are facing there but it's going to be harder and harder to invest toward profitability. I think all of the smaller utilities Ford is developing will help to steer everything back toward the center in their 3 largest markets.

Last edited by Assimilator; 07-28-2018 at 06:47 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome