Jag's E-Pace / F-Pace / I-Pace & "Formula E"... - Page 6 - Ford Inside News Community
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Jag's E-Pace / F-Pace / I-Pace & "Formula E"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Wonder why we can't add videos now?
I've never been able to add videos -- just the links.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
I've never been able to add videos -- just the links.
from the "FAQ-FYI Posting LINKS,PIX or Formatting: HOW TO..." thread
in the [FordInsideNews.com Site Issues] section:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
NO need to type Any [Tag]s! the automatic function actually WORKS !!

to show only a LINK, just type/paste the video code after http://youtu.be/
https://youtu.be/jD8tmUXnkVE

to embed the video, use http://youtube.com/watch?v=#viD#coDe#
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD8tmUXnkVE
if it's a long video, or for purposes of a "punchline"; you can have the video start, when/where-you-want, (in a new window-tab) by including a time thingie:
there are prolley other ways to do that, too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg youtubeTIME.JPG (21.4 KB, 55 views)
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 03-04-2018 at 03:54 PM.
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 05:04 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
Design-wise, lack of a "prestige gap" is not awkward on SUVs which, proportionately, look like scaled-up hatches. What impresses me about the Jaguar I-Pace is its short front overhang. Terrific!
We should see more short front overhangs with EVs since there is no big engine, and it's other components to house up front. I really hope Ford/Lincoln is building a midsize, 116+ wheelbase EV battery pack platform, so it can be used on midsize/large sedans, CUVs and SUVs and an electric Mustang!!!! Then a smaller platform/pack for compact and sub-compact models. As long as it initially offers an option for 200+ and 300+ miles of range.

I am really hoping that the next gen Focus sedan is offered with the 300+ mile pack Ford has been talking about.
2b2 and glyphics like this.

post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
We should see more short front overhangs with EVs since there is no big engine, and it's other components to house up front. I really hope Ford/Lincoln is building a midsize, 116+ wheelbase EV battery pack platform, so it can be used on midsize/large sedans, CUVs and SUVs and an electric Mustang!!!! Then a smaller platform/pack for compact and sub-compact models. As long as it initially offers an option for 200+ and 300+ miles of range.

I am really hoping that the next gen Focus sedan is offered with the 300+ mile pack Ford has been talking about.
Your desires will be realized by 2030, when EVs will be reasonably profitable.
Logans Run likes this.

post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

almost 2 months of old ... so what ... &
note: saw that some info is embargoed until June 4

2019 Jaguar I-Pace:
brief first drive of all-electric luxury crossover

GreenCarReports.com
- Aaron Cole - Apr 1, 2018

- A parking lot in suburban New Jersey isn’t the first place I’d look for a revolution.
-- According to Jaguar, it’s where ours will start.
--- After just over four minutes behind the wheel of the 2019 Jaguar I-Pace, the electric Jaguar feels like the beginning of something.

As the first luxury battery electric vehicle from a mainstream automaker, the I-Pace will be followed by many more from other automakers—dozens if the timeline stretches far enough into the future.

Its all-electric powertrain is hardly revolutionary. The 90-kilowatt-hour liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery tucked under the cabin floor of the I-Pace, and its twin 147-kilowatt motors at the front and rear axles, hardly register as a surprise anymore.

That extended timeline will eventually expand to include the more classic Jaguars in the automaker’s renovated headquarters in Mahwah, New Jersey. The past is equally important as the future in the I-Pace.

Planted next to sexy E-Types and sturdy, boxy Land Rovers, the I-Pace’s “spaceship” design is more than a departure. Revolution? Maybe.

Fast, furiously
I get one shot at driving an I-Pace, on an improvised autocross course at Jaguar’s new U.S. headquarters.

Gray skies, gray asphalt, and a gray I-Pace lacked flavor, so the electric Jag had to provide color for the day.

The 432 nickel-manganese-cobalt cells that power the I-Pace also add prodigious weight to the tall wagon’s frame. Despite a length just fractions of an inch greater than a compact XE sedan, the Jaguar I-Pace interior feels as large as a full-size XJ sedan—and its 4,800-pound curb weight feels closer to a Range Rover.

Unlike any car or SUV from the automaker, the I-Pace replaces Jaguar’s rotary drive selector with three silver buttons—for reverse, neutral, and drive—and a black button for park.

They flank a lower touchscreen for climate controls, which sounds more complicated than it is. It’s modern, but hardly “Star Trek” stuff.

Jaguar took a similar simple tack for the EV drive. The I-Pace can be programmed to creep at idle when the driver releases the brake (functionally irrelevant for most EV owners) or sit still.

It can also toggle between drive modes: one is a two-pedal, comparatively Victorian drive, the other offering aggressive regen (up to 0.4 G) for effective one-pedal operation.

There is no sport or “Ludicrous” mode, and virtually no ability to vary how the twin motors deliver power. Call it “EV for Beginners,” which should cover most I-Pace buyers slow to adopt electric powertrains.

Speed, but weight
But the electric Jag moved fast. Its 512 pound-feet of torque is near-instant and convincing after a stab at the accelerator. Power is split equally between front and rear motors, delivering an urgent but not abrupt takeoff into our parking-lot gymkhana.

Steering the heavy I-Pace is hardly a chore: The wheel is light and vaguely connected to the road. The car’s weight may be its greatest liability—it pitches and rolls, just as physics tells it to—but four-wheel independent suspension assisted by standard air suspension is one of its best assets.

Around the course, with increasing speed, the I-Pace compensated well for its weight. It feels and rides tall like a Subaru Outback, but manages some of its body motions better.

Page 2...

- - - - - - -

unwatched but someone said "Beware the AWE"

- - - - - - -

NetCarShow
E — I — F

Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 05-27-2018 at 02:54 PM.
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Ford Falcon

Am I the only one that really doesn't find the i-Pace attractive at all?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
No. You're not alone.

Vehicles with the windshield above the front wheels and with the front door cutline right behind the front wheel-well are simply going to look awkward unless it's a 2-seater and the engine is immediately behind the driver.

In profile, it's just another blunt instrument as are most all SUV/CUVs. At least, on the iPace, the front overhang is gone but that doesn't seem to help much.
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Ford Explorer

In compact cars, especially CUV-ish profiles, I like the cab/windshield forward look, and of course the added interior roominess minus a long wheel base are the benefits.

This Jag is sexy.
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 05:44 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Not at all. It has some good points, but the long body and super short front and even shorter rear overhang looks out of balance. Along with the extra long rear door compared with the front door. Then it's the tall body with the very low front end.

It's like they tried to mesh together a sedan and SUV. It just looks out odd. But the interior is fantastic and a warning to Tesla that they had better get up to speed with 'luxury' car interiors.

Design wise, the Model 3 is a good example how a low front end works best with a lower body line.

post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

^ I've seen a couple 3's in person = Not impressed
imho it lost about All the S's gracefulness/appeal

I can't really know until I see the 'I' in person but
from PIX I definitely like the way...
...JAGuLR is re-inventing the silhouette of the 'CAR'
Bloggin likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 05-29-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page