German vs German vs German - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: German vs German vs German

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
If you're talking about just design/look, that makes sense, but Quattroporte and the Ghibli are surprisingly cheap inside - mismatched color plastics, cheap materials, etc.

You are referring to the earlier cars. From the Zegna limited editions to the interior upgrades across the board for 2017 in the upper trim levels your assertions are in my humble opinion no longer the case. I enjoy the S Klasse because it features a bit of baroque styling, and design flair sorely missing in earlier MB products.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:10 AM
FIN Staff Member

Looking at all three, the Audi is too bland with a design that we have seen on $30k Audi models. The BMW front end looks like a mix between a CUV and trying to be a bigger 3-series, and less luxury than it should be....just making design elements bigger don't make them luxury. The MB is the closest to meet the luxury mark, but how the giant LEDs headlights are placed are a bit over done and take away from the elegance of S-Class. Again, bigger design elements don't make them more luxury, it just makes the sedan look like it has parts from a CUV.
2b2, germeezy1 and badhac like this.

Last edited by Bloggin; 03-24-2017 at 12:15 AM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

didn't want to make a new thread but really liked the chassis materials part...
2018 Audi A8 interior and exterior teased in video
CarAdvice.com.AU
- by Derek Fung - Today

The exterior and interior of the new Audi A8 has been partially revealed in a new teaser video.

The video highlights the flagship sedanís automated remote parking feature, and gives us a glimpse of the A8ís tail-light design, side detailing, nose, and parts of the interior...

someone elsewhere really liked the steeringwheel
&
edit
:
thought-provoking comment from Swizzle @ CarSpyShots
"...Audi just isn't in the hunt. They'd be better off just giving up on the A8 and then VAG doing a $100K (base) Bentley sedan..."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-17-2017 at 05:54 PM.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 12:51 AM
Ford Kuga

Saddens me that Audi was opted out of the MSB platform, and now it remains the exclusive property of Bentley and Porsche.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 03:28 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
Saddens me that Audi was opted out of the MSB platform, and now it remains the exclusive property of Bentley and Porsche.
It appears that the MSB was a Porsche development that was ported to Bentley and that VW elected not to spread it too widely. Audi not sharing MLB/MQB architecture would be a waste of development capital, leaving only MQB for VW, Skoda and SEAT.

I agree that Audis would be better as RWD-based cars but VWAG is in a bind with a surplus of new modular platforms. I wish that Ford had that (good) problem.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

Last edited by glyphics; 12-31-2017 at 03:36 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 03:35 PM
Ford Explorer

As I Google issues to resolve my sons A4 with 84K miles on it, which includes excessive oil consumption, fouled plugs, heater stopped working and idiot sensor lights that include brake pads of all things.....I am cursing out the German automaker in several languages that I am fluent in, because I am looking at thousands of dollars to repair.

To think that I sold our 130K mile Fusion, which has never had an issue, for this German POS, has me pulling my hair with great vigor.
falcon lover and Bloggin like this.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 03:42 PM
Focus RS WRC

Score:

Mercedes Benz S: 1. Steak & Sizzle.

BMW 7: 0. Steak

Audi A8: 0. Steak.
Bloggin likes this.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
It appears that the MSB was a Porsche development that was ported to Bentley and that VW elected not to spread it too widely. Audi not sharing MLB/MQB architecture would be a waste of development capital, leaving only MQB for VW, Skoda and SEAT.

I agree that Audis would be better as RWD-based cars but VWAG is in a bind with a surplus of new modular platforms. I wish that Ford had that (good) problem.
Audi was initially included in the MSB platform matrix, and it was reported to be a late change that they were not to continue in that direction.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page