2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Content Admin

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

In about a week's time, Mercedes plans to lift the wraps on its next-generation E-Class. However, thanks to an internal leak in December when three exterior photos found their way into the internet and a new leakage that occurred today and concerns the official German market brochure, there won't be much to talk about when Merc unveils the 2010 E-Class, known internally under the codename W212. Aside from the new exterior pictures, the brochure scans reveal the executive sedan's squared-shapes interior as well as the E-Class' full engine line-up and dimensions.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/01...ss-leaked.html

Not surprisingly, Mercedes-Benz's BMW 5-Series and Audi A6 rival has slightly grown in dimensions compared to the outgoing E-Class, measuring 4.868 mm in length (+12 mm), 1.854 mm in width (+32 mm) and 1.470 mm in height (-13 mm) with a wheelbase of 2.874 mm (+20 mm).

Powering the new E-Class is an updated range of diesel and gasoline engines. Diesel lovers will be able to choose from five different units: a new 2.1-liter 4-cylinder engine with 136, 170 and 204 HP and a 3.0-liter V6 with 231HP (BlueEFFICIENCY) and 211HP (BLUETEC).

Those who favor petrol can select between five different engine options: a 1.8-liter direct injection 4-cylinder with 184 and 204HP; a 3.5-liter V6 (for the 4MATIC model) delivering 272HP; a 3.5-liter direct injection V6 producing 292HP and at the top of the range, a 388HP 5.5-liter V8 that can be combined with RWD or AWD layout.

During the year, Mercedes plans to enrich its E-Class range with the introduction of the Estate (station-wagon) and Coupe models while in 2010 - 2011, the German automaker will add a hybrid version(s) and an AMG model aimed squarely at the BMW M5 featuring a 6.2-liter V8 engine that should be good for around 550-horsepower.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 AM

Re: 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

In my opinion the E-Class is Mercedes-Benz best looking sedan. It's simple, elegant design makes it truly classy. The interior looks really simple & well laid out. I think it looks great.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCURYSABLE08 View Post
In my opinion the E-Class is Mercedes-Benz best looking sedan. It's simple, elegant design makes it truly classy. The interior looks really simple & well laid out. I think it looks great.
Their engines need help. Why? GM can get 260 HP out of a 4 banger Solstice, Merc offers you at least in Europe a 4 banger pumping only 204 in an E Class, their v6 cannot breat 300, Cadillac can get you 304 hp in a V6...
Clearly, this is either a typo, or the myth of "German Engineering" is falling apart. I remember the twin turbo 330i also barely managing 300 hp...

Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Ford Mondeo

It seems to derive some of its lines from the GLK which I find ugly. I will to see it in person before I call it a design triumph

|
|
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Is an ugly car.
Mercedes is not more Mercedes. Not the same Mercedes-Benz that desing the 1963 sedan or coupe, with those elegant and simple lines..... Not the same company that desing 90's cars....
The newest Mercedes ( C-class, GLK-class, GL-class) have a busy desings, with a lot of hard lines...and extrange curves.... the ugliest is the GLK CUV, but this E-class is almost as ugly as GLK.

Is a pity....

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Content Admin

Vs.

Is the end of the world near?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchicha View Post

Vs.

Is the end of the world near?
No . ithink MerecedesBenz lost the rigth way and Buick find it...that s all

Tags
2010, eclass, mercedesbenz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page