Spy Shots: Jaguar XF coming with 500HP - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Spy Shots: Jaguar XF coming with 500HP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/31/s...ng-with-500hp/

It appears that the XKR caught with Jaguar's new JaguarDrive gear selector was also accompanied by a group of test mules for the upcoming XF sedan. The convoy was encountered in Austria where Jaguar has rented a house and garage behind a gas station to work on the cars in private, or so they thought. While we've seen XF mules before, it's always fun to check in and see how the production car's development is progressing. One of the mules, in fact, is an S-Type with widened wheel flares, which could be a test car for the high-performance version of the XF. We reported a while back that Jaguar is planning on releasing two supercharged versions of the XF, one of which would use the current S-Type R's 4.2L V8 producing around 420 horsepower, and the other using a supercharged 5.0L V8 producing in excess of 500 hp. The XKR Coupe with which these XF mules were spotted, the one with JaguarDrive gear selector, is likely housing the supercharged 5.0L V8 that will also be used in the ultra high-performance XF sedan. Needless to say, the current horsepower wars have invaded the luxury sedan segment with both Jaguar and Cadillac readying their own 500+ horsepower four-doors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 07:21 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Spy Shots: Jaguar XF coming with 500HP

fixed Autoblog link
&
LeftLaneNews page with more camo pix
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:35 PM

It looks like Jag will be finally competitive with HP numbers, and a light aluminum (will the XF be made from it?) chassis, it should be able to keep up with Cadillacs, BMWs, Benzes and Audis.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
It looks like Jag will be finally competitive with HP numbers, and a light aluminum (will the XF be made from it?) chassis, it should be able to keep up with Cadillacs, BMWs, Benzes and Audis.
I will try to say this as politely as I can and this is NOT personally directed at B.R. but . . . why do you guys insist on including Cadillac in the elite of luxury cars? As good as the CTS may be, Cadillac at this point is an also ran brand at best. may have done the facts remains: (1) the CTS is the only competitive product Cadillac has, but facees fierce competition from everywhere, the new model should fare well but is far frrom being the best of its segment, (2) The STS was a dismal failure and now its future is uncertain at best, (3) don't get me started with the DTS, is old and ugly and just an old mediocre product, (4) the Escalade is a flawed vehicle with its live axle rear suspension and terrible third row and cargo configuration and (5) the SRX and XLRs are flop that don't measure up to their competitors.

As far as luxury and prestige Cadillac as never been anywhere in the Jaguar field. As painful as it may be for some, brands like Lexus and Infiniti have more than earned their place in the luxury brand roaster. Cadillac still as a long way to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
I will try to say this as politely as I can and this is NOT personally directed at B.R. but . . . why do you guys insist on including Cadillac in the elite of luxury cars? As good as the CTS may be, Cadillac at this point is an also ran brand at best. may have done the facts remains: (1) the CTS is the only competitive product Cadillac has, but facees fierce competition from everywhere, the new model should fare well but is far frrom being the best of its segment, (2) The STS was a dismal failure and now its future is uncertain at best, (3) don't get me started with the DTS, is old and ugly and just an old mediocre product, (4) the Escalade is a flawed vehicle with its live axle rear suspension and terrible third row and cargo configuration and (5) the SRX and XLRs are flop that don't measure up to their competitors.

As far as luxury and prestige Cadillac as never been anywhere in the Jaguar field. As painful as it may be for some, brands like Lexus and Infiniti have more than earned their place in the luxury brand roaster. Cadillac still as a long way to go.
I really do not think Imports are that much better than Cadillacs, and they do not offer anything like the DTS, which is really great for the market it targets.
Most of the Superiority people perceive in imports is a condationed mindset.
For example, if you are used to a navigator, or an Escalade, adjusting to life in a Range Rover sport or X5 would not be easy. There is absolutely nothing imported that covers that uniquely American DNA about Lincolns and Cadillacs. The Escalade is especially a nice vehicle for Southern California.. better than any European import for cruising the freeways. The Same can be said for a Navigator

The same argument has been put foward in defense of the Porsche when the Z06 Spanked it all day long on a track, without excuses.

At least that is how I would spend my money...

Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
. . . why do you guys insist on including Cadillac in the elite of luxury cars? ...
I agree with NDW about the euro-kings 'missing some of their clothes' but also
- if I'm trying to make a comparo I may include 'fringe' vehicles or more/less likely cross-shopped vehicles to sorta 'frame' the one in question
imho it's easy to find $10,000+ differences in price & wonder if one really gets much for that
- I really give Cadillac/GM a lot of credit for their efforts so far (& the $,$$$,$$$,$$$.00 spent) to the extent that I've said I hope Lincoln is paying attention (tho NOT gonna copy them) sort of a 'how close are they?'
- & if nothin else, they can be a reminder of how ya can't take a decade(s) vacation!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

I am talking about the brand as a whole not about a particular model. But a car like the DTS or for that matter a Lincoln Town Car would never measure (in their current form) up to an XJ, or 7 series or worse a Lexus LS which plays major leagues at this point. Is not only a matter of how good the cars are but also, and I would say more importantly, of how good they do in the market.

Lincoln has a couple of bright spots with the MKX and the MKZ, and in a lesser degree the Navigator which slowly but surely has been gaining ground lately, but still has a long way to go to be able to credibly compete in the luxury segment. Cadillac, after expending about $8 billion is not in a much better position. Besides the CTS and the Escalade, the latter for reasons that are unknown to me, all other Cadillacs have bombed.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 09:24 PM

I was thinking this 500hp XF was more of the CTS V and the new rumored CTS V with 600hp competitor (post a couple days ago). That is why I mentioned Cadillac because of the CTS. I didnt mention the Escalade, STS or DTS anywhere. Actually, I should have said in my original reply that it would have been the CTS V competitor to clarify what I meant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
500hp, coming, jaguar, shots, spy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page