Reuters: Ford wants to sell Jag and Land Rover By Sept.30/ Volvo Later. - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: Reuters: Ford wants to sell Jag and Land Rover By Sept.30/ Volvo Later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
. Seeing how well Mulally's financial team is working (as seen in the second quarter results)
Any good news in those results you refer to were from the income generated by the sale of Aston Martin.

Quote:
I don't think that they are just loosing money by being negligent.
Being negligent is one of the BEST ways of losing money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
Any good news in those results you refer to were from the income generated by the sale of Aston Martin.
That is BS and you know it. Throwing grandilocuent statements just for the sake of wining an argument is fine when what you are saying is true or at least is believed to be true. Sadly this is not the case since you were very active in the thread where this was posted, check post #15:
Ford Motor Co. surprises Wall Street with $750 million profit
Bryce G. Hoffman / The Detroit News

Ford Motor Co. is back in the black today, surprising Wall Street with a second-quarter net profit of $750 million.
That compared to a net loss of $317 million for the same period last year and translated into earnings of 31 cents per share. While a big chunk of that gain was due to one-time actions like the sale of Ford's Aston Martin brand, the company's net earnings from continuing operations was still 13 cents per share. Wall Street had expected Ford to lose 35 cents per share, according to a survey of 15 analysts by Thomson Financial.
"They outperformed across the board -- and the earnings actually seem to be high quality," said Bradley Rubin, an automotive industry analyst with BNP Paribas in New York. "Globally, they're certainly making progress. The North American results were about half a billion better than people expected - and that's impressive for a market like this. I think something is working here."
for the WHOLE ARTICLE, CLICK HERE.

. . . and BTW Ford kept 20% of A-M

Quote:
I know, that is only common sense. What I am saying is that this is not the case. It would be though if the cede to the pressures of the hurry uppers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:

Quote:
That is BS and you know it. Throwing grandilocuent statements just for the sake of wining an argument is fine when what you are saying is true or at least is believed to be true. Sadly this is not the case since you were very active in the thread where this was posted, check post #15:
Ford Motor Co. surprises Wall Street with $750 million profit
Bryce G. Hoffman / The Detroit News
Ford Motor Co. is back in the black today, surprising Wall Street with a second-quarter net profit of $750 million.
That compared to a net loss of $317 million for the same period last year and translated into earnings of 31 cents per share. While a big chunk of that gain was due to one-time actions like the sale of Ford's Aston Martin brand, the company's net earnings from continuing operations was still 13 cents per share. Wall Street had expected Ford to lose 35 cents per share, according to a survey of 15 analysts by Thomson Financial.
"They outperformed across the board -- and the earnings actually seem to be high quality," said Bradley Rubin, an automotive industry analyst with BNP Paribas in New York. "Globally, they're certainly making progress. The North American results were about half a billion better than people expected - and that's impressive for a market like this. I think something is working here."
for the WHOLE ARTICLE, CLICK HERE.

. . . and BTW Ford kept 20% of A-M

I know, that is only common sense. What I am saying is that this is not the case. It would be though if the cede to the pressures of the hurry uppers.
Ford still made money with its N/A operations without the Aston Martin sale. I think they must be close to black on their European operations too. What I cannot understand is why Jaguar and Ford Australia use two separate RWD architectures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbukukanyau View Post
Ford still made money with its N/A operations without the Aston Martin sale. I think they must be close to black on their European operations too. What I cannot understand is why Jaguar and Ford Australia use two separate RWD architectures.
Because Jaguar will never share their platforms/engines with FLM anymore.

That's why Jaguar has got to go, it doesn't make money and it will probably never do. LR is technically "making" money, but that money can't cover the costs of a lousy refresh according to insiders.

I don't see why Jaguar's sale is such a problem, good riddance imo. They have been nothing but trouble since Ford bought them.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:18 PM

The biggest problem IMO Ford has had with Jag was keeping production in England with the exchange ratio between the dollar and the british pound even if Jag started selling more cars they would still be in the red like they have been for the past 20 years under Ford ownership, and the other thing that have me worried is why so much **** speculation about Ford selling Volvo, thanks to Volvo is that PAG has been able to make some profit in the last years, I know Mullaly wants all the resources for the Ford brand but they need to keep one premium global brand like Volvo
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931Chevy View Post
The biggest problem IMO Ford has had with Jag was keeping production in England with the exchange ratio between the dollar and the british pound even if Jag started selling more cars they would still be in the red like they have been for the past 20 years under Ford ownership, and the other thing that have me worried is why so much **** speculation about Ford selling Volvo, thanks to Volvo is that PAG has been able to make some profit in the last years, I know Mullaly wants all the resources for the Ford brand but they need to keep one premium global brand like Volvo

The Euro is more valuable than the dollar now, and has been for a while. But this doesn't seem to hurt the Germans. Volvo seems unbothered by this as well. I don't feel the pound/dollar issue is really to blame. People just don't buy Jags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ford, jag, land, reuters, rover, sell, sept30 or, volvo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page