Spy Shots: Production 2008 Jaguar XF - no camo! - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Spy Shots: Production 2008 Jaguar XF - no camo!

The 2009 Jaguar XF has been caught completely uncovered and without camouflage for the first time. While only visible from behind and a rear 3/4 view, we feel confident in saying the production XF will be remarkably close to the C-XF Concept on which it's based.

There are differences, of course. The fender vent behind the front wheels is taller and thinner, shaped more like the one on the XK than the concept. The chunky five-spoke wheels are different from the seven-spoke chrome jobs on the concept, and the rear taillights and exhaust tips have been toned down. But still, the car retains its ineffable gorgeousness, as well as the concept's leaping cat badge positioned right between the taillights.

There are certainly high hopes for the XF, and one could argue that the fate of Jaguar itself, regardless of whether or when it's sold, rests on its sculpted shoulders of sheet metal. Our main concern is that despite its sexiness, the XF will be using much of the mechanicals found underneath the current S-Type's skin. That car has never been known for its driving dynamics or choice of powertrains, so can Jaguar tweak it enough to make the XF feel new?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-xf.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/13/s...ar-xf-no-camo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: Spy Shots: Production 2008 Jaguar XF - no camo!

Dam fine. Too bad they may no longer be under the Ford umberella.

Selling Jag now reminds me of everytime I schedule a haircut....I swear I am having my best hair day ever on that day
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT
Re: Spy Shots: Production 2008 Jaguar XF - no camo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Dam fine. Too bad they may no longer be under the Ford umberella.

Selling Jag now reminds me of everytime I schedule a haircut....I swear I am having my best hair day ever on that day
Ford should show this car already. It would probably get a better price, or at least more interest . . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
camo, jaguar, production, shots, spy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page