Ford Inside News banner

2020 Cadillac XT6

12K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  SP1966 
#1 ·
2020 Cadillac XT6 Brings Three Rows Of Seats To The Luxury Crossover Party

Set to be shown at the North American International Auto Show, the XT6 is a three row crossover that will slot in between the smaller XT5 and larger Escalade. It sports a unique design as it wears an Escala-inspired grille which is flanked by standard LED headlights. Designers also installed in vertical LED daytime running lights and numerous “bright galvano” accents.

More at: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/2020-cadillac-xt6-brings-three-rows-seats-luxury-crossover-party/

See less See more
#19 ·
I'm sure XT6 will outsell Aviator. As others have pointed out, Lincoln has only recently with Navigator and Aviator (and to a lesser extent, Conti) started to get people's attention back.

Cadillac's been working on reinventing itself since what, 1999 with the original CTS? That gives them a massive head start with public image. As someone pointed out, perception lags reality, and it's just going to take time for that to correct itself - and it'll also take Lincoln continually and consistently pumping out great product. They can't go through product lulls.

#5 ·
I agree that the XT6 was phoned in and the Lincoln Aviator is superior in every way....however, Caddy still has a good reputation and Lincoln is still building their's back up (and doing a fantastic job!), I wouldn't be surprised that the XT6 outsells the Aviator based on past reputation alone.

#6 ·
however, Caddy still has a good reputation and Lincoln is still building their's back up (and doing a fantastic job!), I wouldn't be surprised that the XT6 outsells the Aviator based on past reputation alone.
The problem is that we keep saying that! Caddy has a good reputation and that is the explanation for everything, and in part it is true, but Lincoln's reinvention started in 2013, 6 years ago, it's been a while. They now have good products, it's time for some marketing strategy. As far as I remember, Cadillac didn't take that much time to have a good reputation.
The XT4 is already outselling the MKC, the Slade outsells the Navi (and best Lincoln so far) and I'm not even talking about the XT5 and MKX/Nautilus. I think that there is not enough effort, it feels like Ford doesn't really care, or know how to manage a luxury brand or anything else aside from the Mustang, F150 and Explorer.

#8 ·
I mean it screams GM and imho doesn't look all that "lux" or "premium" but I think the front end is quite handsome and the vehicle is overall sharp. Not gonna spend my money on it but it's certainly not ugly.

#9 ·
This Cadillac will compete well with the new..... Explorer! The Aviator is far superior than this XT6. The exterior design , the interior and the power plants. 400 hp vs 365 of the Cadillac!

Nice try, Cadillac, but you finished 2 step behind Lincoln.

#10 ·
IMO, the XT6 is a good effort by GM. I don't think it rivals the Aviator in style or substance but I applaud Cadillac for its restraint in its exterior design. I don't think that they "phoned in" this design. What would be said here if they came out with Lexus or Infiniti-style excess?

They used what was given them (FWD) so inherently XT6 is dynamically inferior to the Aviator. Most Americans won't know or care about that so it's back to style and substance. Aviator wins hands down. Unfortunately, Ford had let Lincoln's cachet fall so low that this weaker, less capable vehicle has a good chance to beat Aviator in the sales race. Since it's all about product, however, Lincoln is finally putting up a good fight and may yet rise to pre-eminence based on product superiority.

#13 ·
The only way Lincoln will improve their public perception is by consistently delivering new products that live up to and exceed the standard set by the Navigator and Aviator. The Nautilus is nice, but wasn't going to change anybody's mind. Their next chance to show they're serious will be the Corsair, hopefully this recent trend continues.

#23 ·
The Cadillac XT6's styling lacks any form of character or personality, it's just plain generic.

I think Kia's Telluride looks even more like a Cadillac than the XT6.

...I think the Telluride looks more Jeep than Caddy. Caddy has been sharp creases and angular styling since Art & Science 15 years ago. They have softened since the beginning, but the Caddy is definitely Caddy. And, their interiors are intended to be a bit starker on purpose, though people claim that makes them less luxury. I beg to differ, the tech differentiates modern vehicles, not leather on the dashboard. I'd rather have night vision than quilted stitching on my seat, and that is where Caddy excels. ****, night vision is a $2500 option on the Germans.

I'm more bummed that Caddy only offered up 250 CT6-Vs for sale this year and they sold out in a few hours. I was actually interested in that car. I guess Caddy made my decision for me. Dumb asses, can't sell 600/mo, but offer up a measly 250 Vs?

#28 ·
I like where Cadillac is going with their front end styling, but the rest of the vehicle is underwhelming to say the least. Boring is better than offensive for sure, but it seems to me they could have been a little more original. I'm troubled by Car and Driver's comments regarding the disappointing interior materials and quality. It'll sell because it's a Caddy people hauler that most people can park in their garage, but it's not going to win many comparison tests. Opportunity missed.

#30 ·
To my eyes, it looks like...well, it looks like a top-tier Chevy offering. It's like a Trailblazer with all the option boxes checked.

At least it doesn't have the "running snot" headlight pods of its sibling...but it does have that treatment on the taillights, which is just odd.

From "Etch-a-Sketch" to "running snot", I kinda wonder what medications their stylists are on...?

Reactions: spudz64
#31 ·
I like the details in the design and I've always really liked Cadillac's A&S design language, considering what they had to work with I think it was a really nice effort. Now if they had a platform like, I don't know, CD6 available, it could'a been a star!

The Aviator is superior in every single way... IMO. Now let's hope that converts into sales victory too because Cadillac crossovers always sell well, no matter how good they are, or are not.

#32 ·
...probably won’t happen. Caddy moves an astounding number of XT5 and Escalades. This is a tweener and might pick up a bit of each and maybe pull up some GMC buyers. I don’t know that it will expand sales for the C1XX platform, but they’ll move truck loads of them.

The Aviator is clearly superior, but Ford has a very high volume platform mate and there may not be production room to match the XT6. However, I’d wager ATP will be higher and incentive spending lower on the Aviator, and isn’t that its really all about?

#34 ·
I won't be surprised if the CT6 sells in larger volumes than the Aviator, but largely due to Cadillac's larger customer base, not because it's a superior car. What the CT6 won't do is draw customers from the European brands or change consumer perceptions, which I fully expect the Aviator to do. Regardless of how sales shake out in the short term, Cadillac's approach is the wrong one for the long term.

#36 ·
Notice how Cadillac's half measures on an exploding segment (luxury SUV) is praised by some, yet Lincoln's half measure on a dying segment (Conti sedan) was condemned repeatedly by the same source. Meanwhile, sales for both sedans are not completely divergent....while Cadillac adjourns to decide if they should continue it, given the massive capital already spent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.