Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Concept: Electric Powertrain - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Concept: Electric Powertrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
The Maybach 6 Cabriolet Concept looks familiar in so many ways.....

The paint color? That's all I am seeing....

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

^....really?? Paint color yes...how about the chrome trim along the base, large chrome design element connecting front door with the front fender, continuous/primary body line from front light straight to the back, thin wrap-around tail lights and rounded front end at side profile.

That could be a concept for a big Continental coupe.
2b2, hbmf3 and CJKnox like this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
....or no gas. But it could charge up and be fully charged before leaving home every day. Unlike a combustion engine vehicle that has less and less and less range every day until driving to a gas station that's open to fill up.
Odds of running out of gas due to no gas station in your 500 mile travels....about 1%
Odds of battery depletion after much fewer miles traveled.....about 100%

Bloggin, try as you might, there is no way you can convince me that range anxiety and other drawbacks to EV are anywhere near the simple inconvenience of filling up....while getting a drink or snack in the process.

Good luck with that though
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

^....since I have not driven over 200 miles in one day in at least 10 years, the odds of my new Model 3 with a 300+-mile range running out of power before making it back home is very low. If I need to travel 500 miles or more, I am taking a flight or taking the train.

At 300 miles of range, the concept of 'range anxiety' is about important as with a ICE vehicle. My current BMW travels just over 300 miles per tank, and I don't freak out when I get down to just 50 miles of range, even though I have to find a gas station to fill up. But with my Model 3, every day I leave home, I will perpetually have over 300 miles of range....so much better.

Just sayin.......
wingsnut likes this.

Last edited by Bloggin; 08-21-2017 at 06:44 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Ford Explorer

It really comes down to the individual and their needs. I am someone who frequently heads out of town on a whim and I often travel far enough to fill my tank several times in a weekend. In nearly every stop for gas, there are human needs that are just as important. So sticking a hose in the tank for several minutes is hardly a concern. I understand that EV owners can google where they can recharge their batteries. My first question then is, how much time that takes, what is the cost to do so, and how long do I have to wait just take my turn. I am someone who does not plan out things very well, and I hate the idea of needing to do so, just to travel. Also, what is my ~250 mile range suddenly depleted to when I use AC or heat or heated seats or....... All good things to know as an EV owner/traveler.

I honestly can't imagine owning EV without a significant amount of anxiety, is my point.
OTOH, I rarely recall ever having anxiety on my ICE vehicle when about to travel, unless it was old and in potential need of some repair, to which I can prepare or repair in advance.
falcon lover likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
It really comes down to the individual and their needs. I am someone who frequently heads out of town on a whim and I often travel far enough to fill my tank several times in a weekend. In nearly every stop for gas, there are human needs that are just as important. So sticking a hose in the tank for several minutes is hardly a concern. I understand that EV owners can google where they can recharge their batteries. My first question then is, how much time that takes, what is the cost to do so, and how long do I have to wait just take my turn. I am someone who does not plan out things very well, and I hate the idea of needing to do so, just to travel. Also, what is my ~250 mile range suddenly depleted to when I use AC or heat or heated seats or....... All good things to know as an EV owner/traveler.

I honestly can't imagine owning EV without a significant amount of anxiety, is my point.
OTOH, I rarely recall ever having anxiety on my ICE vehicle when about to travel, unless it was old and in potential need of some repair, to which I can prepare or repair in advance.
The auto industry need to stablish the norms for a common sistem to charge the EVs. Is the only way the EV will turn popular and easy to use likes ICE vehicles. And this must occur very soon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page