Ford June 2017 Overall Sales Down 5.1%; Lincoln Up 5.3% - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: Ford June 2017 Overall Sales Down 5.1%; Lincoln Up 5.3%

In terms of external styling, new Explorer is rather light, but why mess too much with success. It looks great right now. I think internally there is more changes in store.

As for new trucks arriving in nearly a year and their impact to Ford......first lets see how much more new F series sells this fall with their much improved new styling, engines and transmissions. I think enough people are holding out, that we shall see another spike. Ford has this covered pretty dam good, I would say.

Meanwhile, new Mustang will also see a sales spike and will continue to slam dunk Camaro.
hbmf3 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 07:03 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

( assuming I didn't totally screw-up ) context:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F-L sales June2017-2012.jpg (75.9 KB, 53 views)
TaurusSHO and Assimilator like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Ford Kuga

Really interesting to see some of those trends. I had forgotten that Lincoln use to sell over 3,000 MKZs a month. The Carpocalypse of 2017 is really quite striking in aggregate, at least for Ford which has been hit the hardest. It is amazing that they've been able to keep their sales flat and sell to higher margin F-Series and SUV customers.
2b2 likes this.

post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 08:33 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
...I had forgotten that Lincoln use to sell over 3,000 MKZs a month...
not to spin your words but I'd rather not make it sound like that happened a Lot
or just until recently
( and tho FordAuthority doesn't go back as far as I'd like... )

edit
forgot my emphatically-required rant:
How much MORE could the Z sell with an ENERGI plug-in!?!

imho just California could kick it up a few hundred per month, Every month!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MKZ sales FordAuth.JPG (35.0 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by 2b2; 07-05-2017 at 08:38 PM.
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 09:26 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKII View Post
Year to Date (as per http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/search/...?max-results=5) Bloggin posted the midsize results earlier in this thread)
Midsize cars are down 21.6%
Compact cars are down 6.8%
Subcompact cars are down 2.54%

But the car media jockeys are all talking about the demise of the small car segments falling off the charts in USA????
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^ I started to make sorted comparo charts from that GC/BC page BUT
I STILL cannot trust their numbers:
Nissan Versa YTD17-16 = 740545 - 733136
W.T.F.!

UPdate: I posted on the FB page & they wrote back that it's been corrected
...now to see *IF* I find the time to verify that...
doubtful

@MKII
just looked at the revised numbers
think the main DIFFerence is that
SubCompact YTD is DOWN -21.95% ...not -2.54%
which was due to the erroneous 3/4 MILLION for 6 months of the Nissan Versa

NOTE: haven't had time (or desire) to verify any other numbers
MKII likes this.

post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 11:27 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

kinda hard to choose between the 2 sales threads this month...

Midsize Sedan Deathwatch #13:
2017’s Grim First-half 198,000-unit Loss

TTAC
- By Timothy Cain on July 5, 2017

Midsize car sales volume decreased by nearly 200,000 units in the United States during the first-half of 2017.

Year-over-year, that 18-percent decline
was caused by virtually every member of America’s midsize sedan fleet. Escaping unscathed, on its own, was the Volkswagen Passat, though Passat sales are significantly lower than they were in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.

Aside from the Passat, midsize cars are selling much less often this year than last at every competing automaker; from the top-selling Toyota Camry to the slow-selling Mazda 6, from the all-wheel-drive-optional Ford Fusion to the all-wheel-drive-standard Subaru Legacy; from the new-last-year Chevrolet Malibu to the never-again-new Chrysler 200.

Most automakers, however, are blessed to possess similarly priced compact crossovers that are making up all, much, or some of the slack.

This is the thirteenth edition of TTAC’s Midsize Sedan Deathwatch. The midsize sedan as we know it — “midsizedus sedanicus” in the original latin — isn’t going anywhere any time soon, but the ongoing sales contraction will result in a reduction of mainstream intermediate sedans in the U.S. market.

How do we know? It already has.
Consider the top-selling midsize cars in America and their respective utility vehicle compatriots. At Toyota, the Camry — set to be replaced in the coming weeks by an all-new 2018 model — has maintained its top-selling status in the category despite an 11-percent tumble in the first-half of 2017. Toyota Camry volume declined by 22,864 units compared with the first-half of 2016, but Toyota RAV4 volume grew by 18,866 units.

At Honda, where Accord sales are down 6 percent this year, volume has actually increased in each of the last two months. Honda has seen its total Accord volume fall by 9,263 units in 2017’s first-half, but sales of the new Honda CR-V have increased by 28,181 units.

Like the Camry and Accord, the third-ranked Nissan Altima is also approaching its replacement phase. Altima sales slid 15 percent in 2017’s first-half. The Altima rounded out the podium as the third member of a top trio which declined less rapidly than the segment as a whole. Nissan lost 26,411 Altima sales in the first six months of 2017 but added 46,806 total Rogue sales.

The Rogue, CR-V, and RAV4 are all, individually, outselling the Camry, Accord, and Altima. In the first-half of 2017, the top midsize car trio combined for 541,810 sales in the U.S. while the three top-selling utility vehicles (RAV4, CR-V, Escape) produced 480,353 sales. That 61,457-unit margin of victory is now turned on its head. The three top-selling utilities (Rogue, CR-V, RAV4) outsold the three top-selling midsize cars by more than 84,000 units just one year later.

It’s not just the top sellers, of course. Mazda lost 5,454 sales of the 6 but gained 5,466 CX-5 sales. Subaru lost 4,793 Legacy sales but gained 8,867 Outback sales and 7,702 Forester sales.
Losing sales is no automaker’s idea of bliss, but the benefit of cancelling out midsize car sales with utility vehicle sales is significantly higher average transaction prices. A typical compact crossover still requires incentivization — the market is becoming intensely competitive, after all — but the ability to generate profit is far greater. Before consumer incentives, Kelley Blue Book said the compact SUV/crossover segment’s average transaction prices in June 2017 were 13 percent higher than ATPs for midsize cars.

Nevertheless, the Mazda 6, at the bottom of the heap, has earned a designation from Mazda’s North American HQ as a model that wouldn’t be culled. Meanwhile, Toyota believes the new Camry could inspire a midsize sedan life watch.

But June 2017 was the midsize segment’s 16th consecutive month of decline. With barely more than 150,000 sales last month, midsize market share fell to just 10 percent, down from 12 percent a year ago, 14 percent two years ago, and 15 percent in June 2014.

The three top-selling midsize cars, however, grew their share of the midsize car market to 58 percent in June 2017 from 51 percent one year ago and 47 percent two years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg midsize death watch.JPG (75.0 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by 2b2; 07-06-2017 at 01:19 PM.
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Ford Kuga

Ford is a very different beast however, they are cancelling out car sales with truck sales since their SUV sales have not grown anywhere in proportion to their car loss. Ford's customer complexion and diversity is changing quite a bit as it moves away from the center of the market focuses more on fewer profit generators and larger utilities/trucks. They need to work on bringing back their former car customers into a better selection of smaller utilities, although I think this is a fairly low priority if they can run the company on other products.

Last edited by Assimilator; 07-06-2017 at 01:34 AM.
post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Ford Flex

Ford had great sales gains in Canada for June.
F-Series set a record for June, Explorer almost doubled sales, and the Escape up by 23 per cent over last year.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Ford really needs to get a subcompact crossover. They really dropped the ball. Ecosport can't get to NA soon enough.

And when will Lincoln consistently be over 10K/month? Seems I've been waiting for years for this to happen despite "rising sales"

I've noticed a lack of continental reviews from all of my favourite tuber channels. So I finally asked one of them why. Here's their response.

"We would love to review the new Continental. However, Lincoln and Ford have been difficult to get a hold of in our local area for acquiring press cars. We're still working on it though!"
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
And when will Lincoln consistently be over 10K/month? Seems I've been waiting for years for this to happen despite "rising sales"
"
They're progressing toward that. I have a tally chart that shows their progress, but since Photobucket will no longer allow me to host images without paying $400 a year, I had to attach it.

The chart shows how many months of the year Lincoln sales fell into each range on the left. You can see they're increasing every year. They didn't have a single month in the 10K range last year, and only December (12K) went over that number. This year, they've already had one in the 10K range and none in the 7K range (while they had 1 last year). Now granted, the year is only half finished, so they could have lower numbers still, but they're definitely trending upward. Navigator arriving late in the year will only help the numbers push up.
Attached Images
File Type: png Lincoln Monthly Sales Tallies.png (10.8 KB, 36 views)
2b2 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page