brand up well as it transitions to the all-new Explorer
and Escape later this year
 Due to order timing, daily rental sales were down;
Ford fleet sales declined 19.5 percent in December,
with daily rental down 41.5 percent
 Lincoln Dealers reported their best retail sales
month since March, 2007 on strong SUV sales
performance; Lincoln SUVs were up across the board
Lincoln had a good month - seems to be picking up some momentum going into next year. I'd think sales will be up to start the year with them being down so much last year.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Ford December 2018 & 2018 Total Sales Results

42 years of leadership selling 909,330 trucks in a single year is quite impressive, leading into the new truck reveal soon. These are very high margin products. That number will be hard to match, once Ranger starts taking sales from F series this month, and as Ram and GM come on strong with their new trucks. In the end, what matters most of course, is profit and shareholder value.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

From Jalopnik

At the end of every month, you can easily look up how most automaker fared in their monthly sales reporting. Itís a handy and easy way to track the market. Ford just announced that itís moving away from that model, however.

Following GMís lead, Ford said today that itís also switching to a quarterly reporting system for its U.S. sales figures model, reports Automotive News. From the story:

Ford, which is one of two automakers to hold monthly sales calls for analysts and media, will transition to a quarterly call and release beginning in April. It will still provide monthly figures to data agencies.

GM moved to quarterly sales reporting last April. Ford, at the time, said it would assess the situation, noting that thereís oftentimes volatility in monthly figures.

Fordís U.S. marketing vice president said that the company believes this system will grant better transparency.

I donít know if I agree with that. I think a quarterly reporting system will actually result in less transparency, as there are physically fewer numbers publicly provided. And, because some companies now report monthly and some do not, there could be more speculation and errors, some analysts caution.

It also seems like very convenient timing to start implementing this system during a year when auto sales are expected to fall. Hmmm!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
From Jalopnik

At the end of every month, you can easily look up how most automaker fared in their monthly sales reporting. It’s a handy and easy way to track the market. Ford just announced that it’s moving away from that model, however.

Following GM’s lead, Ford said today that it’s also switching to a quarterly reporting system for its U.S. sales figures model, reports Automotive News. From the story:

Ford, which is one of two automakers to hold monthly sales calls for analysts and media, will transition to a quarterly call and release beginning in April. It will still provide monthly figures to data agencies.

GM moved to quarterly sales reporting last April. Ford, at the time, said it would assess the situation, noting that there’s oftentimes volatility in monthly figures.

Ford’s U.S. marketing vice president said that the company believes this system will grant better transparency.

I don’t know if I agree with that. I think a quarterly reporting system will actually result in less transparency, as there are physically fewer numbers publicly provided. And, because some companies now report monthly and some do not, there could be more speculation and errors, some analysts caution.

It also seems like very convenient timing to start implementing this system during a year when auto sales are expected to fall. Hmmm!

I am all for this. I have seen repeatedly what kind of conclusions people jump to based on a month or two of sales volumes. We should all zoom out more, and look at the bigger picture. This will help.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
From Jalopnik

At the end of every month, you can easily look up how most automaker fared in their monthly sales reporting. It’s a handy and easy way to track the market. Ford just announced that it’s moving away from that model, however.

Following GM’s lead, Ford said today that it’s also switching to a quarterly reporting system for its U.S. sales figures model, reports Automotive News. From the story:

GM moved to quarterly sales reporting last April. Ford, at the time, said it would assess the situation, noting that there’s oftentimes volatility in monthly figures.

Ford’s U.S. marketing vice president said that the company believes this system will grant better transparency.

I don’t know if I agree with that. I think a quarterly reporting system will actually result in less transparency, as there are physically fewer numbers publicly provided. And, because some companies now report monthly and some do not, there could be more speculation and errors, some analysts caution.

I am all for this. I have seen repeatedly what kind of conclusions people jump to based on a month or two of sales volumes. Zoom out people, look at the bigger picture. This will help.
..so what I'm seeing is that data reporting agencies will still get F monthly sales, they just won't be doing calls. That seems fair, as the numbers will still be out there. I think that is one pressure on TSLA is that it's an every 3mo numbers game with everyone guessing, which leads to wilder swings in the stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page