Ford ***** - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 01:32 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage
re: Ford *****

@wingsnut I think times have changed, for both some of our users and for Lincoln. @SP1966 is pretty balanced and fair. Of course maybe that's just my perception. Regardless, I recommend you give it a try; the embracing of the criticism of Lincoln as a way of judging the brand on a bit higher of a standard than ever in the last 30 years. SP was hard on Lincoln for years, and often it was too harsh, but as a lurker since 2011 and a poster since 2013, I've found his level of respect for Lincoln (or how I perceive it through his posts) to have increased at a fair, linear rate relative to how much effort the brand has put into their products and their image. He was hardest on Lincoln when, frankly, they really deserved it. I honestly don't think @SP1966 hates Lincoln at all. Not even remotely. But he was right to hate 2012 Lincoln.
SP1966 and iculookn like this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:12 AM
Ford Explorer

@gjrim,
I appreciate your intention here, but you are attempting to quell a dispute that simply does not exist. At least not for me. I don't have any problems with SP1996. We may disagree at times, but that's all. My disputes with germeezy were not so much with his views on Lincoln and Ford, but his constant negativity that he repeated over and over. He passed differing viewpoint and constructive criticism long ago, and kept right on going, warp speed.

But yes, we should all welcome his or anyone's opinions, just as we should ALL accept any opposing opinions. Constructive discourse works both ways, not just one.
SP1966 and gjrip like this.

"kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, Avenatti is in jail, Stormy has to pay Trump's legal fees, and there is no collusion. What a great country."
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

I kept in touch with germeezy through email after he left here we had some long discussions about Lincoln. He was actually sung some very high praises for older models like the LS but yearned for more. I remember asking him for suggestions for cars when I was looking to see if I missed any luxury hybrid models out there with CPO and he even said that Lincoln's CPO would be worth it. I should reach out to him again and ask what his take on the Conti is. It might not be as negative as some may think.
2b2 and SP1966 like this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Ford Ka

Unhappy re: Ford *****

My 2011 Ford Edge just died in the road. No warning!!!!! I've never missed a service/oil change. Only serviced at the dealership where purchased. 1800 miles over the warranty. Only 61,800 miles which is under miles for it's age. It started running rough when sitting a traffic light. No warning light, temp gauge spike, nothing. Took the car straight to dealership. Got a call the same afternoon. Oops, you have a blown engine due to a leak in the water pump. WHAT!?!?!?! There was never any indication of water pump trouble. Not even a water spot on the driveway. $7200.00 to replace.
Dealership hardly batted an eye. We own three Ford vehicles. Mine was paid in full 4 years ago and I was expecting it to last at least 'til 200K miles. But, 61k and needs a new engine? Plus it's a well documented problem that Ford has known about. Dealership refuses to help or even show any compassion for this customer. I don't want a free ride, just a fair shake. Cost sharing between me, the dealer and the big guys in Dearborn. Show some customer appreciation here gentleman/ladies...
You will be hearing from me.
Hard working teacher on a limited income, purchased a quality product to last, and it didn't.
Very dissatisfied customer, y'all!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page