Ford ***** - Ford Inside News Community
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Ford Ka
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Unhappy Ford *****

Ford Sucks! I own a 2011 Ford Edge and the wheel bearings are growling like crazy, this is 2011 I haven't heard of a problem like this sense the 1970's. Ford denies and knowledge but there are 1000's of online postings claiming the same issue. It's time for a new vehicle, but it wont be Ford.
Pissed off at Ford is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,929
Garage
re: Ford *****

We know it's you, VD!
mercury_1988 and joseodiaga4 like this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,401
re: Ford *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissed off at Ford View Post
Ford Sucks! I own a 2011 Ford Edge and the wheel bearings are growling like crazy, this is 2011 I haven't heard of a problem like this sense the 1970's. Ford denies and knowledge but there are 1000's of online postings claiming the same issue. It's time for a new vehicle, but it wont be Ford.
Yeah, I can see your point, no other manufacturer that builds millions of vehicles a year ever produces a lemon. And how terrible, wheel bearings, I'm sure you much rather have the engine's main bearings go out!

Good luck with your new Chevy, I hear they have a perfect track record.
joseodiaga4 and FordSUVfan like this.
SP1966 is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Ford Mondeo
 
badhac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Newport News VA
Posts: 1,121
Garage
re: Ford *****

At least wheel bearings aren't too expensive and fairly easy to change. My Focus was a bit of a Lemon, but Ford took care of me and I've had zero problems since.
badhac is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,864
re: Ford *****

I hear they are sensitive to proper installation (over or under torquing). Which means identical bearings produced, can fail early for some and last a long time for most.

hardly a reason to hate an entire brand.

**********************

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wingsnut is online now  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:47 PM
News Guru
 
joseodiaga4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lima, Peru
Posts: 6,467
re: Ford *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
We know it's you, VD!
hahahahaha lol, yeah...or maybe he is germeezy?
joseodiaga4 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Ford Kuga
 
gjrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,929
Garage
re: Ford *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
hahahahaha lol, yeah...or maybe he is germeezy?
Haha! However, I know most here didn't prefer germeezy, but he and I had some nice down to earth convos over PM. I really liked that guy.
SP1966 likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
gjrip is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,401
re: Ford *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Haha! However, I know most here didn't prefer germeezy, but he and I had some nice down to earth convos over PM. I really liked that guy.
Yep, good guy willing to look at Ford/Lincoln product through a critical eye! Would love to see him make a return.
SP1966 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,864
re: Ford *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Yep, good guy willing to look at Ford/Lincoln product through a critical eye! Would love to see him make a return.
I bet he had you at "Lincoln Sucks Because....."

**********************

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wingsnut is online now  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Ford Explorer
 
SP1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,401
re: Ford *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
I bet he had you at "Lincoln Sucks Because....."
It is good to get the full story, this site is too full of fanboys. I would be very interested to hear his take on the Continental which is worlds better than anything we had to talk about when he was here.

The brighter you shine the light on Lincoln the more apparent the shadows become! <--- That was deep, even I'm shocked!
iculookn likes this.
SP1966 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome