Daytime Running Lights (DRL`s) for US Spec Ford Products? - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Ford Sport Ka

Daytime Running Lights (DRL`s) for US Spec Ford Products?

Why is it that Ford requires a Fleet Identification Number "FIN" to order Daytime Running Lights on US Spec Vehicles? Option Code # 942 is only $45 but (cannot) be ordered by Retail Buyers? Chrysler, the other US Automaker holdout still allows its US Spec Vehicles to be ordered with DRL`s or be installed at Dealerships? Other then Nissan, Mazda, every other Automaker installs them in US Cars. If you don`t want them on, just allow a switch to disable them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5
Re: Daytime Running Lights (DRL`s) for US Spec Ford Products?

I have a 2011 Fiesta and all I did was ask the dealer to turn them on. I believe it depends on the model.

A lot of fords are now having DRL's as standard but if not ask to have them on.

Also, my DRL's are on all the time and at 100% unlike some which are at a lower percentage, which is why I like led lights in front for the DRL's. I live and travel sometimes over a ferry and in the cold at night u have to turn the lights off but mine are unable to so I have to suffer.

Just and FYI.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Current Car; 2018 Focus EV 115m Range
2015 Focus EV 75m Range, 2013 Cmax Energi, 2010 Fiesta, 2007 Milan, 2005 Ranger, 2002 Focus Zx5.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vermont Drive Electric Ambassador
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Ford Sport Ka

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback and I had a Ford Dealership enable and activate its DRL`s after my Selling Dealership said it could`nt be done. If your were activated properly using an IDS Programmer and the Vehicles Smart Junction Box, the BCM Body Control Module should have reduced your Low Beams to 80% for DRL and to 100% once you turn on your Headlamp Switch. If you check it out, it will slightly increase brightness once your turn the Headlamp Switch to (on). I was told that since Model Year 2013, Ford has now made it impossible to Enable and Activate DRL`s on US Spec Vehicles using the same program. Can`t verify for sure if thats valid or not.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5

Interesting. I thought they were different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Current Car; 2018 Focus EV 115m Range
2015 Focus EV 75m Range, 2013 Cmax Energi, 2010 Fiesta, 2007 Milan, 2005 Ranger, 2002 Focus Zx5.

Vermont Drive Electric Ambassador
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
daytime, drl`s, ford, lights, products, running, spec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page