Ford Smartphone Connectivity Across Entire 2017 Lineup ...& BEFORE! back to 2010! - Ford Inside News Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By 2b2
  • 1 Post By Andrew L
  • 1 Post By Andrew L

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Ford Smartphone Connectivity Across Entire 2017 Lineup ...& BEFORE! back to 2010!

Ford Offering Smartphone Connectivity Across Entire 2017 Lineup
AutoVerdict

By: Nick Saporito - July 25, 2016

Ford Motor Company has confirmed it will offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality on its entire 2017 lineup. The news marks the fastest rollout yet of the smartphone connectivity by a major OEM.

Throughout the 2016 model year Ford has been rolling out its new SYNC3 infotainment system to all of its products. SYNC3 is far less clunky than its predecessor, MyFord Touch and has been praised by owners and the media for simplicity. Since SYNC3 has proliferated the lineup so quickly, Ford is able to push the smartphone connective to the whole lineup equally as fast...

...2017 Ford or Lincoln product that has SYNC3 will have both functionalities. This consistency really takes the hassle off the customer in terms of wondering if their prospective vehicle has the important features or not.
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

re: Ford Smartphone Connectivity Across Entire 2017 Lineup ...& BEFORE! back to 2010!

Media.Ford.com - Jan. 27, 2017
Back to the Future: Ford Vehicle Owners Can Easily Upgrade 2010-2016 Vehicles to Have Connectivity Features

• Ford SmartLink provides owners of 2010 – 2016 model-year Ford and Lincoln vehicles not equipped with a modem access to a wide array of connectivity features through the new platform
• Features include remote start, lock and unlock, Wi-Fi access capable of hosting up to eight devices, and vehicle health, security and location alerts
• Components of Ford SmartLink include a 4G LTE-enabled OBD II plug-in device, as well as a companion App and Web Portal used to activate remote features, receive alerts and schedule service appointments with the owner’s preferred dealer

Dearborn, Mich. - Millions of current Ford customers stand to benefit from Ford SmartLink, a technology that enables connectivity features normally only available on new modem-equipped vehicles. Using a simple device that plugs into the OBD II port below the steering wheel, Ford SmartLink will give customers who own 2010 – 2016 model year Ford and Lincoln vehicles that are not equipped with a modem access to:

• Smartphone-based remote start, lock and unlock.
• 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capable of accepting up to eight devices.
• Vehicle health and security alerts.
• Vehicle location assistance.

“Ford SmartLink will surprise and delight owners of recent model-year vehicles by adding some of today’s most popular connectivity features” said Stephen Odell, executive vice president, Global Marketing, Sales and Service. “Offering it through our dealerships is another way to keep us connected with our customers and earn their loyalty.”

SmartLink can be obtained at Ford and Lincoln dealerships starting this summer.

With more than two years of research and development invested, the Ford SmartLink team of engineers, in collaboration with Delphi Automotive and Verizon Telematics, have ensured the technology will work seamlessly with Ford and Lincoln vehicles.

“From security to performance, we’ve conducted extensive testing and made a number of improvements to ensure Ford SmartLink enhances the customer experience for our owners,” said Raj Nair, executive vice president, Global Product Development, and chief technical officer.

“We are thrilled to offer this level of convenience and connectivity to our existing customers, extending the value of their vehicles and giving them just one more reason to love their Ford and Lincoln vehicles.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 01-27-2017 at 03:24 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:09 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Ford Smartphone Connectivity Across Entire 2017 Lineup ...& BEFORE! back to 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
Media.Ford.com - Jan. 27, 2017
Back to the Future: Ford Vehicle Owners Can Easily Upgrade 2010-2016 Vehicles to Have Connectivity Features

• Ford SmartLink provides owners of 2010 – 2016 model-year Ford and Lincoln vehicles not equipped with a modem access to a wide array of connectivity features through the new platform
• Features include remote start, lock and unlock, Wi-Fi access capable of hosting up to eight devices, and vehicle health, security and location alerts
• Components of Ford SmartLink include a 4G LTE-enabled OBD II plug-in device, as well as a companion App and Web Portal used to activate remote features, receive alerts and schedule service appointments with the owner’s preferred dealer

Dearborn, Mich. - Millions of current Ford customers stand to benefit from Ford SmartLink, a technology that enables connectivity features normally only available on new modem-equipped vehicles. Using a simple device that plugs into the OBD II port below the steering wheel, Ford SmartLink will give customers who own 2010 – 2016 model year Ford and Lincoln vehicles that are not equipped with a modem access to:

• Smartphone-based remote start, lock and unlock.
• 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capable of accepting up to eight devices.
• Vehicle health and security alerts.
• Vehicle location assistance.

“Ford SmartLink will surprise and delight owners of recent model-year vehicles by adding some of today’s most popular connectivity features” said Stephen Odell, executive vice president, Global Marketing, Sales and Service. “Offering it through our dealerships is another way to keep us connected with our customers and earn their loyalty.”

SmartLink can be obtained at Ford and Lincoln dealerships starting this summer.

With more than two years of research and development invested, the Ford SmartLink team of engineers, in collaboration with Delphi Automotive and Verizon Telematics, have ensured the technology will work seamlessly with Ford and Lincoln vehicles.

“From security to performance, we’ve conducted extensive testing and made a number of improvements to ensure Ford SmartLink enhances the customer experience for our owners,” said Raj Nair, executive vice president, Global Product Development, and chief technical officer.

“We are thrilled to offer this level of convenience and connectivity to our existing customers, extending the value of their vehicles and giving them just one more reason to love their Ford and Lincoln vehicles.”

So I wonder what the deal is with this because it was something I was interested in getting for my 13 Z and I did a search and nothing is coming up except the press release from last year and it says it will be available summer of 2017 but I don't see it advertised anywhere on Ford or Lincoln's websites. Did they scrap this?
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 02:31 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Ford Smartphone Connectivity Across Entire 2017 Lineup ...& BEFORE! back to 2010!

I reached out to the concierge on lincoln.com and this is what they said:

Claudio says:
Andrew, welcome to Lincoln. How may I be of service?
Andrew says:
Last year Ford and Lincoln put out a press release for a device for models going back to 2010 adding 4g service through the OB2 port called SmartLink and said it would be available summer of 2017 however I cannot find any other info on this in terms of pricing or purchasing I was curious if this was still planned or cancelled?
Claudio says:
That would be the Smartlink. It is still planned and the estimated time frame of availability will be this year. Our local dealerships parts department may be able to provide additional information on that.
Claudio says:
Do you need assistance in locating your nearest dealership?
Andrew says:
Nope I know my dealership thanks for the info!

I wonder why this was delayed cause the press says summer of 2017.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

well... every other 'delay' ( including why we're just starting to get snow this winter)
has been blamed on Mark Fields....

btw @Andrew L for finding&bumping ThisOldThread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page