SYNC 3 version 3.0 - what and when? - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Ford Ka

Finally: Waze Brings Community-Based Traffic and Navigation App to Ford Vehicles

For those of us who have been using Waze for years, this is finally great news!

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...to-ford-v.html

Jan 10, 2018 | DEARBORN, Mich.
  • Ford and Waze are teaming up at CES 2018 to announce the popular community-based traffic and navigation app will be available for Ford vehicles equipped with SYNC® 3
  • Waze users will soon be able to plug their smartphones into a SYNC 3-enabled Ford vehicle and project the app directly onto its touch screen
  • Through AppLink™, Ford is integrating Waze’s array of features with SYNC 3 infotainment system, allowing users to operate Waze completely through a vehicle’s touch screen as well as with voice commands
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 10, 2018 – Using Waze inside your Ford vehicle is about to get easier than it’s ever been. Thanks to new integration with Ford SYNC® AppLink™, Waze users will soon be able to project real-time traffic and navigation information onto Ford’s SYNC 3 touch screen and access the services by voice commands.
First unveiled at CES 2018, the full-featured integration – which includes in-vehicle integration for iOS – means Ford customers can simply plug their Waze-equipped smartphone into the USB port of their vehicle, and once plugged in, Waze will project onto its touch screen. This allows users to access the app’s features conveniently on a larger display and with their vehicle’s own sound system.
All the great features Waze users have come to know will be accessible through Ford’s integration of the software. This includes recent updates such as Talk to Waze, which allows you to control the app with voice commands, and HOV route support, which provides additional navigation options and arrival times based on high-occupancy-vehicle lanes (carpool lanes).
“Our goal is to bring a human-centered approach to technology in the vehicle, making it as easy as possible for people to integrate the tools that matter most to them,” said Don Butler, Ford executive director, Connected Vehicle and Services. “With the flexibility of our SYNC 3 software and AppLink, customers can easily use Waze to get all the traffic and navigation help they need – on a big screen and without having to fiddle around with their phones while driving.”
To deliver optimal driving directions and traffic updates, Waze uses crowd-sourcing to gather information about road conditions from all of its users. People simply type in their destination and drive with the app open to contribute data to Waze’s community of users. At the same time, people can take a more active role by sharing reports from the road, including notifying the community of previously unknown accidents, hazards or route changes.
By working together, people can help each other improve the quality of their commute. Waze can help commuters avoid congested roads in favor of other routes, or see when their friends are expected to arrive at their destination. Waze users can even help each other save a few dollars by sharing gas prices as they travel, allowing people to navigate to the cheapest nearby gas station.
“Since announcing the partnership between Waze and Ford at Mobile World Congress 2017, we’ve been working hard to optimize and evolve the experience for the driver community,” said Jens Baron, product lead for B2B and in-car applications at Waze. “We are happy to showcase our partnership with Ford through AppLink SDL on iOS – a seamless in-car navigation experience that connects Waze navigation to your car’s console. With SDL, Waze guidance is presented onto the driver’s in-car screen and new features are made available as soon as they are released. With SDL, drivers get the most updated version from Waze – with all the new features and design releases, the same as driving with Waze on your phone.”
At launch in the coming weeks, any 2018 model year Ford vehicle equipped with SYNC 3 version 3.0 or greater will be able to run Waze on its touch screen. Other SYNC 3-enabled Ford vehicles can receive an over-the-air update or an update via USB to enable Waze functionality.
In addition to Waze, Ford is bringing other SYNC AppLink integrations onboard. Customers will soon be able to use iHeartRadio to access thousands of live radio stations or create their own personalized stations based on their favorite artists and songs. Meanwhile, Ford will be giving productivity a boost by incorporating WebEx functionality with SYNC 3 as well, offering people web conferencing opportunities on the fly.
Ford is also featuring its recently released Ford+Alexa app at CES. The app gives customers access to all 25,000 of Amazon’s Alexa skills, including the abilities to play music, check news reports and add items to shopping lists.

About Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 203,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
2b2 and hbmf3 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 10:56 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: SYNC 3 version 3.0 - what and when?

via AlexOnAutos on facebook

Media.Ford.com | Jan 10, 2018 | DEARBORN, Mich.
Waze Brings Community-Based Traffic and Navigation App to Ford Vehicles with SYNC 3

Ford and Waze are teaming up at CES 2018 to announce the popular community-based traffic and navigation app will be available for Ford vehicles equipped with SYNC® 3
Waze users will soon be able to plug their smartphones into a SYNC 3-enabled Ford vehicle and project the app directly onto its touch screen
Through AppLink™, Ford is integrating Waze’s array of features with SYNC 3 infotainment system, allowing users to operate Waze completely through a vehicle’s touch screen as well as with voice commands

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 10, 2018 – Using Waze inside your Ford vehicle is about to get easier than it’s ever been. Thanks to new integration with Ford SYNC® AppLink™, Waze users will soon be able to project real-time traffic and navigation information onto Ford’s SYNC 3 touch screen and access the services by voice commands.

First unveiled at CES 2018, the full-featured integration – which includes in-vehicle integration for iOS – means Ford customers can simply plug their Waze-equipped smartphone into the USB port of their vehicle, and once plugged in, Waze will project onto its touch screen. This allows users to access the app’s features conveniently on a larger display and with their vehicle’s own sound system.

All the great features Waze users have come to know will be accessible through Ford’s integration of the software. This includes recent updates such as Talk to Waze, which allows you to control the app with voice commands, and HOV route support, which provides additional navigation options and arrival times based on high-occupancy-vehicle lanes (carpool lanes).

“Our goal is to bring a human-centered approach to technology in the vehicle, making it as easy as possible for people to integrate the tools that matter most to them,” said Don Butler, Ford executive director, Connected Vehicle and Services. “With the flexibility of our SYNC 3 software and AppLink, customers can easily use Waze to get all the traffic and navigation help they need – on a big screen and without having to fiddle around with their phones while driving.”

To deliver optimal driving directions and traffic updates, Waze uses crowd-sourcing to gather information about road conditions from all of its users. People simply type in their destination and drive with the app open to contribute data to Waze’s community of users. At the same time, people can take a more active role by sharing reports from the road, including notifying the community of previously unknown accidents, hazards or route changes.

By working together, people can help each other improve the quality of their commute. Waze can help commuters avoid congested roads in favor of other routes, or see when their friends are expected to arrive at their destination. Waze users can even help each other save a few dollars by sharing gas prices as they travel, allowing people to navigate to the cheapest nearby gas station.

“Since announcing the partnership between Waze and Ford at Mobile World Congress 2017, we’ve been working hard to optimize and evolve the experience for the driver community,” said Jens Baron, product lead for B2B and in-car applications at Waze. “We are happy to showcase our partnership with Ford through AppLink SDL on iOS – a seamless in-car navigation experience that connects Waze navigation to your car’s console. With SDL, Waze guidance is presented onto the driver’s in-car screen and new features are made available as soon as they are released. With SDL, drivers get the most updated version from Waze – with all the new features and design releases, the same as driving with Waze on your phone.”

At launch in the coming weeks, any 2018 model year Ford vehicle equipped with SYNC 3 version 3.0 or greater will be able to run Waze on its touch screen. Other SYNC 3-enabled Ford vehicles can receive an over-the-air update or an update via USB to enable Waze functionality.

In addition to Waze, Ford is bringing other SYNC AppLink integrations onboard. Customers will soon be able to use iHeartRadio to access thousands of live radio stations or create their own personalized stations based on their favorite artists and songs. Meanwhile, Ford will be giving productivity a boost by incorporating WebEx functionality with SYNC 3 as well, offering people web conferencing opportunities on the fly.

Ford is also featuring its recently released Ford+Alexa app at CES. The app gives customers access to all 25,000 of Amazon’s Alexa skills, including the abilities to play music, check news reports and add items to shopping lists.

- - - - - - -

what's this on local/national TVnews about:
WAZE CAN ENDANGER YOUR LIFE & NEIGHBORHOODS

Legal Action currently fighting to keep WAZE from sending drivers to unsafe areas/roads
?
Waze sent commuters Into So.Cal Fires: USAtoday
Does Waze care about sending drivers to dangerous roads?: MercuryNews
petition: Waze Ruining Our Neighborhoods: Change.org

Last edited by 2b2; 01-18-2018 at 11:11 PM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Ford Ka

Garage

I'm having difficulty getting my 2016 F-150 w/o NAV to update past V2.2. Both the truck and Ford owners website indicate my truck is up-to-date but I have been told by multiple people at Ford that the update is available and to just download it from the website. Is anyone else having this issue?

After the dealership had my truck for 3 days, I was informed the vehicle had already downloaded the 3.0 update, but it would not automatically install. They are unable to get it to install even after rolling the radio back to Sync 3 v1.0. I'm going to have to wait for Ford to get back with them, but this appears to be a known issue with the 2016 F150s.

Last edited by 16F-150SCrew2.7; 04-06-2018 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Update

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Ford Ka

Just had to have dealer put 3.0 on my 2016 Flex w/NAV. I had 2.3 on it but phones kept disconnecting and the GPS would fail after 2 mins.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Ford Focus

Currently 3.0 is not available OTA. It has to be done by USB or service dept. I'm looking for the files so I can do it, but I can't get it from owner.ford.com because I don't own a car with it. I sell them, and I want to install it in one on the showroom.
2b2 likes this.

Texican1911
Ford/Lincoln/CPO Certified Sales Guy
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 06:23 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

not specifically about SYNC...afaik

Lincoln has paired up with Alexa... read FAQ here...
Owner.LINCOLN.com

-How do I access Lincoln+Alexa with SYNC AppLink?
-Can I use Lincoln+Alexa with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto simultaneously?
-Is Lincoln+Alexa the same app that I use to control my Amazon Alexa device?
-Do I need the Amazon Alexa app (used to control the Echo) to be able to use Lincoln+Alexa?
-Do I need an Amazon Prime Account to use Lincoln+Alexa?
-Can I use Lincoln+Alexa with MyLincoln Touch or the base SYNC system?
-What SYNC 3 Software Version is needed to run Lincoln+Alexa?
-My SYNC Software Version is below 2.2, how do I update the software?
-Why is there sometimes a delay in Alexa’s response?
-Lincoln+Alexa populates in SYNC 3’s Audio section; can I listen to music with Lincoln+Alexa?
-Does Lincoln+Alexa work with my factory navigation system?
-Can I control my already connected Smart Home devices with Lincoln+Alexa?

- - - and something else I know NOTHING about - - -

Welcome Lincoln Owner
With your purchase or lease of a new 2018 Lincoln we are pleased to offer complimentary six-month CLEAR memberships for you and your significant other. Black Label clients are eligible for 12-months...
ClearMe.com

In over 30 of the busiest airports and stadiums nationwide, CLEAR is the fastest, smartest, and friendliest way through security.

The Full CLEAR membership is $179 per year (just $15 per month). Add up to 3 family members for only $50/each. Children under 18 can use the CLEAR lane with a member for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Ford Ka

Hello guys,

My car is an Ecosport Titanium 2.0, and not Ford Ka (I didn't figure how to change, below my name).
My Sync 3 was updated to version 3.0.
Living in Brazil, most ou the apps doesn’t work, like Glimpse, AccuWeather and others.
At least, I was able to put Waze on the screen, using my iPhone.
FORD AppCatalogue on my iPhone, only shows Sygic Car Navigation, which I have tested and is crap.
Still about Ford AppCatalog, if I click “Usando o AppLink no seu veículo”, it opens the site “ford.es”, which I guess is in Spain.
In Brazil, we are insisting in keep the Portuguese as our language, not Spanish.
Or, maybe, FORD still doesn’t have the translation for portuguese.
One last thing: If I want to use the original map, it is from first half of 2016. TeleNav Map Updates are not available for South America.
Total deception with FORD
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by Carlos Remor; 05-12-2018 at 02:25 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 03:30 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Obrigado for the update, Carlos

FYI - there have been web-rumors recently about Ford quitting all of South America...
...definitely NOT confirmed OR even strictly any firm evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters View Post
bzcat @B0N
"An under-reported point mentioned in the earnings call last week was that Ford put the South America operations 'on review'..."
Ford chairman says 'fairly large' changes in store for automaker
Reuters-BUSINESS NEWS
- Joseph White - MAY 9, 2018 / UPDATED

...The automaker lost $4 billion in South America from 2013 through the first quarter of this year, and its chief of global operations said in January it was “exploring every option you can imagine.”...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 05-12-2018 at 06:25 PM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 03:25 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

fwiw
from EverythingLincoln @ facebook

Attached Images
File Type: jpg waze-1.jpg (59.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg waze-2.jpg (66.3 KB, 14 views)

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 06:54 PM
Ford Focus

Waze without needing Carplay

Apple's kept Carplay from interfacing with Waze, but now Ford's supporting Waze directly.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...r-iphone-users

"Ford in January announced Waze would come to vehicles equipped with its Sync 3 infotainment system.

On Thursday, the Blue Oval officially rolled out Waze connectivity for iPhone users, two months later than it had originally promised.

Ford's update allows iPhone users to plug their smartphone into the USB cable to display Waze directly on the car's infotainment screen. Users will be able to access all of Waze's features and enjoy voice guidance via the crowdsourced GPS application...."
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
navigation, sync, waze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page