Obama say: "The 1979 Ford Granada is the worst car ever" - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 07:36 PM

Re: Obama say: "The 1979 Ford Granada is the worst car ever"

If Obama said that the Plymouth Volaire was the worst car ever then I'd agree. Lee Iacocca sure didn't have much good to say about them. But the Granada? Sure it's boring, but honestly Detroit's made much worse cars....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Ford Kuga

This is the granada I remember

I thought it looked good then, Now, I am not soo sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Ford Focus ZX

There were a lot of bad cars in the '70s. Some of them were Japanese, believe it or not. Anyone have a picture of a Datsun F-10?

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbukukanyau View Post
This is the granada I remember

I thought it looked good then, Now, I am not soo sure
You used to live in Europe or South America?

That Granada was replaced by this one:

A car way ahead of its time. The highest trim-level of this car were named Scorpio (many people remember this generation of the Ford Granada as the Granada/Scorpio) and after 1995 the name Scorpio took over the whole line when the replacement of the car introduced in 1984 (which was also sold in the US under the name Merkur Scorpio) hit the market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 AM

Obama should not be bashing Ford, as that is bashing the heart and soul of American people! Yes, he is the worst Democratic nominee ever! If Obama wins, America LOSES
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Ford Explorer

^

+1

Good public speaking is not nearly enough to run our country in these difficult times. He is the least qualified person to run as well, possibly ever.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via AIM to SobeSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
^

+1

Good public speaking is not nearly enough to run our country in these difficult times. He is the least qualified person to run as well, possibly ever.
I hate to . . . agree. Now guys, lets focus on Obama's stupid car talk and not his flawed nomination. Please, please, please lets keep politics out of this forum.

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeSVT View Post
I hate to . . . agree. Now guys, lets focus on Obama's stupid car talk and not his flawed nomination. Please, please, please lets keep politics out of this forum.
Sobe is rigth, forget politics. Talk abouth the Granada, and its brothers: Monarch and Versailles. I love those cars, are very ggod....for the time. I want to see more pics from this babys.....

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
I want to see more pics from this babys.....
big pic link
had a link to a good G-M-V website but my old puter finally died

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 05:22 AM
Ford Focus ZX

"Barack Obama is something of a car guy. According to The Detroit News, one of Obama's (likely numerous) regrets about running for President: the Secret Service won't let him drive. "It's a drag because I actually enjoy driving." But it wasn't always so. "The car I learned to drive on was my grandfather's Ford Granada," Barack told Indianapolis radio station WFBQ. "It may be the worst car that Detroit ever built… This thing was a tin can. [Detroit was] trying to compete with the Japanese. They wanted to keep the cars big, so they made them out of tin foil… You basically couldn't go over 80 (miles per hour) without the thing getting out of control." Their perfidy didn't end there, though. "Detroit ended up making investments in SUVs and large trucks because that's where they perceived a competitive advantage," Obama told Meet the Press. "And that's where they felt they could make the most profit… I think it was a mistake for them not to plan earlier, and now we're seeing a huge growth in fuel-efficient cars that is benefiting the Japanese automakers and Detroit is getting pounded." For all of Obama's Motown-mauling, the Senator from Illinois' one with the the industry's belief that the gas tax is probably a good thing. Still, Hillary's desperate offer of an industry bailout probably makes her the top Dem choice for industry types. We're waiting to hear her take on malaise-era metal."

Is he talking about the 2nd generation Granadas? They were downsized and lost 200 lbs or so. They might have been tinnier and had a 4 cylinder standard. While the Granada wasn't a great car (what was from 75-82?) it was hardly the worst. Actually I didn't and haven't bought any car from that period....til the Capri 5.0 HO came out in late 82.

I don't disagree with his comments about SUV/truck profits and the unwillingness to plan ahead for the future of fuel efficient cars. That future is here NOW. Imagine if Ford had the Fiesta ready to roll? They'd be selling in droves.

Oh, and he was driving a Chrysler 300C until recently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
obama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page