Ford Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer says Nurburgring lap times are just marketing - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
News Guru

Ford Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer says Nurburgring lap times are just marketing

Ford Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer says Nurburgring lap times are just marketing

In an email, Hameedi reportedly said Nürburgring lap times are "akin to qualifying times being set at a race with no pre/post inspection." He went on to say the current setup is a "total free for all" that's "just marketing."

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11311276...ys-nurburgring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Ford Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer says Nurburgring lap times are just marke

Were auto manufacturers to participate in or create a sanctioning body for Ring times it would certainly add validity. With that being said I do truly wonder if the GT500 did have a competitive time or not due to his response.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: Ford Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer says Nurburgring lap times are just marke

Oh gosh darn, and so many were hoping to ship their Mustang over there at huge cost, to do it themselves.
I mean, that's what Mustangs were built for too, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 PM
FIN Moderator

Duh! They tell every big automotive media outlet ahead of time that they're going to the Nurburger to test a future product.

I bet doing so is an extra $10k tacked onto the actual MSRP.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Ford Explorer

Track times are great and all, but fun isn't always easily registered by such things. I think this video gets to that point, not because he picks the GT500, but because of why he picks it.

[video=youtube;IrhW6W7eZDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrhW6W7eZDI[/video]
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Ford Explorer

^
Love that comparo, and it is exactly how I feel about both.
I appreciate and love both for what they are, but let's face it, neither will be used as a daily driver, and because of that, I want the brute raw power of the Shelby when I choose to take it out on a sunny day to cruise, drive and be seen in. And if the main disadvantage of the Shelby for out of the box track use, something that few will do, is rubber & brakes......pretty sure those can be updated, if you plan on serious speed.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Ford Kuga

I would also pick the GT500 but there are many that favor the ZL1 because it is far more approachable at the limit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chief, engineer, ford, lap, marketing, nürburgring, performance, times, vehicle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page