Ford Announces $4.5 Billion Investment in “Electrified” Vehicles by 2020 - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 285Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Ford Announces $4.5 Billion Investment in “Electrified” Vehicles by 2020

I would like to see the MKC and MKX get some sort of hybrid treatment.
2b2, joseodiaga4 and 1984Poke like this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 11:41 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
And now it's clear that Ford is willing to invest in 'current' platforms to boost EV range, what's under the black cover could actually be the 2017 MKZ Energi that everyone has been waiting for...
well
- I see a Fusion grille-shape even without my tinfoil-framed xray glasses
- thinking the changes might be getting incorporated now becuz 1. they fit, 2. they $ave money, 3. the old stuff was getting discontinued due to being passé antiques anyway, &
4. hoping A.M.P is a lot closer to production than cD6

Quote:
...30+ mile EV range C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Energi models. Lincoln needs a plug-in vehicle now...
the C-Maxeseses +

Quote:
...This makes sense, as Ford is preparing to export the Focus Electric, C-Max to other countries, and they need to be able to compete on in the global marketplace. Today....they are behind.
REALLY? they're gonna export that RIDUCLOUS Focus-BEV??

I'd much rather stick a couple (2)((TWO)) Focus-BEV drivetrains into some OTHER car they recently began wide-exportation of ...
...that could still get similar range cuz the Virtual-AWD goodness of it would only have to be engaged some of the time
for the Highest Volume Lux Segment
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 12-10-2015 at 11:46 PM.
post #13 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 11:49 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Same here. But Ford haven't launched their new e-AWD hybrid drivetrain yet, which is necessary for the CUV Energi models.

post #14 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:06 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

snipped from Media.Ford.com

EV Nameplates
now I'm wondering if this could be more than what the usual Ford-ism indicate?
(still making dinner)
(burp)

cy2016/asap_______
1 - Fusion hybrid & Energi plug-in
2 - MKZ hybrid & MKZEnergi plug-in & MKZ-BEV
3 - the C-Max & other C-Max
4 - CONTINENTAL plug-in(s) & ?CONTINENTAL maybe hybrid?

nextgen__________
5 - Focus-Hybrid (or A.M.P equivalent) & the Focus BEV
6 - Escape (or A.M.P equivalent)
7 - MKC (or A.M.P equivalent)
8 - Fiesta (or A.M.P equivalent)

?no particular order?
9 - Edge
10 - MKX
11 - a 'Transit' (prolley the small one)
12 - ?Aviator?
13 -

I'm not gonna list an F-Series cuz then there'd hafta be a Navi & maybe Expedition = block of 3 Nameplates all tied together afaik
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EVs.JPG (16.2 KB, 64 views)
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 12-11-2015 at 02:11 AM.
post #15 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
I only remember a HYDRAULIC Hybrid being rumored for the F-Series...
...just sayin'
You must have missed this:

Quote:
Ford splits with Toyota, plans own truck hybrid system

Craig Trudell - LINK
July 23, 2013 - 2:28 pm ET
DETROIT (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. said today they would end a partnership to develop gasoline-electric systems for pickups and SUVs.

Ford is on track to bring its rear-wheel-drive hybrid system to market later this decade, Raj Nair, the company’s product development chief, said by telephone. Toyota and Ford mutually agreed to end their collaboration after the research and development phase, he said.

“Both parties gained from each other’s expertise and insight,” Nair said in the interview. “We’ve developed a lot of expertise in-house and determined we could deliver the system on our own.” Nair declined to be more specific on the timing.

Ford CEO Alan Mulally and Toyota President Akio Toyoda personally negotiated their tie-up before the two automakers made the collaboration public in August 2011. Since then, Ford has boosted sales of hybrid and plug-in versions of the Fusion sedan and the C-Max wagon in the U.S. to challenge Toyota, whose Prius has dominated the hybrid market for more than a decade.
2b2 likes this.
post #16 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 02:28 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
You must have missed this:
Thanks, Jpd

....could be 'selective memory' too - been working on that lately

post #17 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Ford Flex

Focus and Fusion/MKZ already have the architecture for this, and it is good to start there.
Once Focus moves to Mexico, I expect either a Fiesta or more likely a Fiesta based CUV to be the next plug in.
I'd like to see a Transit Connect plug in, but I don't know if the plant can support the additional drivetrains.

This could also be an opening for a new CUV for Lincoln, based on the MKC platform, but aimed at the LR Evoque...more sport...less utility.
2b2 likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #18 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
I would DEFINITELY be on board with a plug-in hybrid MKX. The only thing is, I want the 2.7T (with no CVT) or better yet the 3.0T.

I'd love to be able to get back and forth to work (short commute, in town) on battery power, but still have the 400 hp drivetrain. A no-compromise hybrid!
2b2 likes this.
post #19 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Ford Explorer

Plug in stations are being installed in many Ford engineering parking lots (not sure about the manufacturing sites).
BEV still makes no sense to me, unless it is a 2nd or 3rd vehicle you own.
Energi makes a lot of sense however, with no limitations. And the new Energy Fusion might make the most sense of all, when the new specs are revealed. We already know the vehicle to be a great roomy value with excellent driving manners, and combined with a PHEV option, it's hard to beat. I am getting closer and closer to considering a PHEV, perhaps when gas prices climb again. I just pumped gas the other day for $1.63 gal, and that is at my regular station, not shopping around for cheapest. When I drive my Fusion for economy I am getting 25-26mpg. So a $26 fill up can last me nearly 2 weeks. Just not enough incentive yet to spend so much additional money which I would never get back, as I only keep my vehicles 4 years or so.

There will be some upgrades in current electrified vehicles, but the real bump will come when all new engines launch that were designed for hybrid. Far more efficient than just throwing in a new hybrid friendly cam, like they have done until now.
Ed753 and hbmf3 like this.

post #20 of 346 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Ford Falcon

I am very interested in an electrified Lincoln, but only if it's a purpose-built electric vehicle designed for luxury and performance similar to a Tesla, i8, etc. There are huge advantages to electric drivetrains in luxury vehicles and it will be an essential component of luxury lineups going forward.

The electrification of the next-gen Focus platform will obviously have huge benefits for the next Escape/MKC/C-Max..etc.

BTW, Lincoln would NEVER debut a new car through Ford so that is definitely not a MKZ Energie. It's clearly the Fusion, enough said.
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
electric, ford, investment, lincoln

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page