OrderGuides: F-L 2016my - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: OrderGuides: F-L 2016my

ALERT
the MKZ Configurator is showing me that OASIS is available!!

unless I'm doing sumthin wrong...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Ford Mondeo

Also interesting: The mentioned "Accent Lighting in Headlights". Curious what that could be...

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Hazelnut has always been a highly restricted interior color on MKZ. For some reason they feel it only goes with monochromatic exterior colors, even though it's offered with a wider range of colors on MKS, MKT, and MKC. Not only that but dealers stock virtually none with Hazelnut interior. I'm still disappointed my car does not have Hazelnut interior, because that was the one thing I wanted that I wasn't able to get.

MKZ has always offered the Oasis interior. All four original themes - Modern Heritage, Indulgence, Center Stage, and Oasis - are available on both MKZ and MKC.

Also of note, Ford/Lincoln has at least 3 different names for the same new black color (G1): Absolute Black, Shadow Black, and Black Velvet.

post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
...MKZ has always offered the Oasis interior. All four original themes - Modern Heritage, Indulgence, Center Stage, and Oasis - are available on both MKZ and MKC...
seriously, Timf? <2b2 having a 'braineurism'**

I hafta ask WHEN that happened
cuz (iirc)
Oasis was not shown at the Pebble Beach intro = an un-named 4th Theme was mentioned but no "diorama" (see below)
& (afaik)
the first pix of an Oasis interior was on the MKC & not that long ago (my earliest downloaded photo was Oct.10)
in fact
until yesterday
I don't remember anything / anyone /anywhere saying the Z offered a 4th option

from PBC

edit/ps
this morning I woke up from DREAMING about [BlackLabel]

**'braineurism': a hole in one's mind where all one's memories leak out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Indeed, Oasis has been on the Black Label configurator for MKC and MKZ for at least a couple months now.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Oasis was not revealed until Black Label officially launched, but it has been there ever since for both MKZ and MKC.
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Ford Falcon

Oasis was the last minute 4th theme that was announced when they finally put them into the order guides. I actually really like the Oasis color scheme, lighter and more neutral.

Not sure about what the accent color in the headlights is referring to however, I took some details photos of the MKC Black Label (Indulgence) at the Detroit show and there is no difference.

The Black Label MKX has a two-tone grille which looks really sharp.

Have I mentioned how incredibly the leather is in a Black Label?
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Ford Focus ZX

In the 2016 Explorer's Guide, it says that 4WD models come with "front recovery hooks". What's the deal with this? I've never seen them on he 2011-2015 Explorers, and it's hard to believe a FWD-based crossover would have front tow hooks. Is it new for 2016? And they must be hidden pretty well because I can't see them, and I don't know why the would put them behind that front air ****. But don't get me wrong, it would be neat if these were what I think they are, but are they really tow hooks? And why haven't I ever seen them?
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 12:16 AM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timf2001 View Post
Here are a few new ones.

Very few changes for the Fusion and MKZ. The only new color is the Shadow Black/Absolute Black replacing Tuxedo Black as reported previously. The MKZ sees the Light Dune interior replaced by Cappuccino as on the MKX, while the Hazelnut interior loses the two-tone black/brown look and becomes more like the MKC.

A BIG CHANGE for the hybrids is the introduction of an EcoSelect button. According to the order guide:
"The EcoSelect button located in center console will allow the vehicle to operate more efficiently with less aggressive heating and cooling, softer acceleration, more regenerative breaking, changes in engine behavior and EcoCruise control activation."
Could you check to see if the MY2016 C-Max Hybrid/Energi Order Guide is available? I am hoping/expecting the US will get the refresh that Europe got for MY2015, along with the EcoSelect feature.
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Nothing for the 2016 C-Max. Not surprising since the 2016 production schedule hasn't been announced yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2016my, case, order guides 2016my, orderguides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page