Ford Inside News banner

OrderGuides: F-L 2016my

45K views 83 replies 15 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 · (Edited)
Links for 2016my Order Guides...
...later in this thread or in other threads

FORD.......................................
2016 Edge & Flex - post#84
2016 FOCUS-RS & some UPdates - post#81-82
2016 U.S Taurus - post#80 - & Dates Link
2016 F-150 - post#78
2016 Fiesta UPdated OG - post#75
2016 C-Max Hybrid & Energi - post#66 ...ditto, more UPdates
2016 Transit - post#61 ...& some updates if requested
2016 Focus / FoST / FEV - post#53
2016 Shelbys - post#52
2016 Mustang GT350 & R prices :thumb: AM222
2016 Taurus Colors/Wheels brochure LINK, not OG - post#51
2016 Escape,
2016 Expedition, &
2016 SuperDuty - post#49
2016 Mustang - post#47 :thumb: Topnotch!
2016 Fiesta & FiST & TransitConnect & an Explorer UPdate post#42
2016 Fusion, Fusion Energi - post#16
2016 Explorer - post#7, ...OG+pix/post#79

FORD-Canada..........................
2016 Expedition-MAX brochure LINK, not OG
post#77

LINCOLN..................................
UPDATE Apr2016 - OGs @ fleet.Ford.com:
MKC / MKZ / --- / MKS / MKT / Navi
out-of-date Links^ - so attaching what I can

2016 MKX eBrochure (Link) (~6½mb)
2016 MKX Owner's Manual :thumb: Blitz!
2016 MKC - post#35 Yay,Tim!!:thumb:
2016 MKX added to
2016 MKX & [Black Label] - in their own thread** via LincolnFanFL :thumb::thumb:
** just now couldn't find the X's OGs so attaching them in this post
2016 MKZ - post#16

BOTH.........................................
Dates = Arifleet.com/old - Arifleet/new
Donlen Dec14,2015
DATES as of May'15 = post#50
2016 FULL Fleet Lineups - post #38 :thumb: Tim!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'archive' : 2015 ModelYear Order Guides
'archive' : 2014 ModelYear Order Guides
'archive' : 2013 ModelYear Order Guides
'archive' : 2012 ModelYear Order Guides
'archive' : 2011 ModelYear Order Guides
'archive' : 2010 ModelYear Order Guides
'archive' : 2009 ModelYear Order Guides
archived: 2008 ModelYear Order Guides

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: OrderGuides: F-L 2016my (just in case)

adding some dates from elsewhere...
...below...
2015 Edge Production Start Date: 1/19/15
No Production Start Date for 2016 MKX yet. But, 2015 MKX Final Orders Due: 8/29/14. Initial 2016 Order Acceptance is generally 1 to 3 months before final order due date. 2015 Edge Order Acceptance was 10/13/14. So expect dealers are taking orders for the 2016 MKX now.

2016 Fusion Production Start Date: 4/6/15. 2015 production start was 6/16/14. Which means the 2015 Fusion will have a short 10 month model year. Which also indicates something big is coming. 2016 will be time for a refresh. I expect the hybrid to get an mpg boost. This would also be a good time for Ford to extend the EV range from 19 to 25+ to better compete with the new 2016 Volt coming with 45+ EV miles. I also expect to see the LED lighting from the Mondeo come to the Fusion, along with more safety tech.

2016 MKZ Production Start Date: 4/6/15. 2015 MKZ had a later 7/21/14 productions start date. Which means it will have an even shorter 9 months model year. Could this be when Black Label actually makes an appearance for the MKZ? I expect the touch sensitive controls on the console to go away. Along with more safety tech from Europe coming to the Z. With just two more years left before the all new MKZ is launched, could Lincoln offer an Energi model? Don't think that will happen until next gen MY2019 with all new Lincoln platform. But I do expect the hybrid to get a mpg boost.

2016 Explorer Production Start Date: 4/20/15 = 201A trim••

MKX
2015 Final Orders Due: 8/26/2014
2016 Order Bank Opens: 2/9/2015
2016 JOB1: 4/27/2015••

Explorer
2015 Final Orders Due: 30 Jan 15
2016 Order Bank Opens: 02 Feb 15
2016 Plant Scheduling: 12 March 15
2016 JOB1: 04 May 15 = general date••

Transit Connect
2015 Final Orders Due: 27 Feb 15
2016 Order Bank Opens: 18 March 15
2016 Plant Scheduling Begins: 16 April 15
2016 JOB1: 29 June 15••

Escape
2015 JOB1: 02 Sept 14

•• verified @ Donlen Jan25,2015

#3 ·

I don't believe the Fusion and MKZ are getting refreshed until the 2017 model year. The cutoff and start of ordering between 2015 and 2016 are indicative of carry-over models, with one year stopping on a Thursday and the next picking up the following Monday. It would make sense to use the early 2016 start to launch Black Label, but I was under the impression that order guides for 2015 Black Label models had already been created.

We know the 2016 Explorer will be a refreshed model, and its ordering start date corresponds to its reveal date in L.A.

The 2015 MKX was little more than a model year number change in order to build new-year inventory in advance of the switchover to the 2015 Edge. Its ordering end dates corresponded with the 2014 Edge ordering end dates, and have no bearing on what the 2016 schedule will be. We won't see ordering start until sometime after the 2016 MKX is revealed, which only Ford knows when that will be. Who knows why they didn't do the same thing with the Edge and start both all-new models as 2016s with limited 2015 old model runs.

#5 ·

I don't believe the Fusion and MKZ are getting refreshed until the 2017 model year...
I wouldn't begin to guess at ModelYears for F&FLmoco anymore
but
imho the calendar date for the MKZ mce is another, stoopid, very-Late cy2015
however
when they actually get to any dealerships could easily depend on how much of the country gets hit by the next Blizzard-of-the-Century
:facepalm:

...The cutoff and start of ordering between 2015 and 2016 are indicative of carry-over models, with one year stopping on a Thursday and the next picking up the following Monday. It would make sense to use the early 2016 start to launch Black Label, but I was under the impression that order guides for 2015 Black Label models had already been created...
rhallanger said:
The order guides for Black Label are in the hands of the dealers for 2015.. I have personally seen them, and KBB, and now NADA has the prices..would it be possible Black Label will be introduced formally at the LA auto show?
afaik, even a significant-style-wise MCE does NOT usually require plant downtime -- just when there's a platform-update/change
&
rhallanger,
that^ sounds like you're a Lincoln dealer or sumthin...
Any chance you could get us ORDERGUIDE .pdf's???

&
as usual, IMHO, the main criteria is WHEN CHINA GETS [BL]

...We know the 2016 Explorer will be a refreshed model, and its ordering start date corresponds to its reveal date in L.A...
I'm wondering if the CD4+3 platform is "up for review" = possibly cancelled already or drastically scaled-back

...The 2015 MKX was little more than a model year number change in order to build new-year inventory in advance of the switchover to the 2015 Edge. Its ordering end dates corresponded with the 2014 Edge ordering end dates, and have no bearing on what the 2016 schedule will be. We won't see ordering start until sometime after the 2016 MKX is revealed, which only Ford knows when that will be. Who knows why they didn't do the same thing with the Edge and start both all-new models as 2016s with limited 2015 old model runs.
seriously,
who outside-the-company knows why FoMoCo does ANYthing (or... doesn't DO)

#9 ·

^ v.Thanks, rhallanger! :thumb:

&
I finally got my puter to display the whole OG
and
There's a NEW BLACK!! ...afaik... called "Absolute Black"
has anyone heard of it before?
&
is
stealing my idea for LINCOLN? ie a non-metallic über-Black??

+
is the PlatTanium's 20" Bright Machined Face with Tarnished Dark Painted Pockets wheel
a bit too close to the MKZ's [BL] wheels??
just-imho they kinda look like a sport-variant of the same design ......{red portfolio}

Attachments

#12 ·

^ & ^^
watching a BBC show about Agatha Christie, I'm encouraged to look for a mystery...

...it sounds like there's some 'development' they're waiting for
like perhaps results of testing of the Nano+9speed drivetrain?
or a last minute snag in a primary suppy chain?

just afaik, OGs are NOT finalized until the Order Book is about to open
which is usually iirc only a month or 2 before Job1

#13 ·

^ Fields did state that he is slowing down the launch process for future vehicles to match the MKC to avoid issues. So expect MKX to trickle into production and onto dealership lots. Which is why I think the production date for the MKS/Continental seems to be moved forward to a 2016 delivery date as a 2017 model, to allow for a longer/slower launch timeframe.

Start early, push them out slowly.

#16 ·
Here are a few new ones.

Very few changes for the Fusion and MKZ. The only new color is the Shadow Black/Absolute Black replacing Tuxedo Black as reported previously. The MKZ sees the Light Dune interior replaced by Cappuccino as on the MKX, while the Hazelnut interior loses the two-tone black/brown look and becomes more like the MKC.

A BIG CHANGE for the hybrids is the introduction of an EcoSelect button. According to the order guide:
"The EcoSelect button located in center console will allow the vehicle to operate more efficiently with less aggressive heating and cooling, softer acceleration, more regenerative breaking, changes in engine behavior and EcoCruise control activation."

Attachments

#19 ·
A BIG CHANGE for the hybrids is the introduction of an EcoSelect button. According to the order guide:
"The EcoSelect button located in center console will allow the vehicle to operate more efficiently with less aggressive heating and cooling, softer acceleration, more regenerative breaking, changes in engine behavior and EcoCruise control activation."

It's about time. An ECO button was needed from the launch of the hybrid models, and is what's key to Prius models maintaining their high mpg. The idea of 'training' consumers to drive more efficiently has not worked. Consumers expect the car to do it for them, so they can post about the great mpg they got.

This button should offer 2 to 3 different stages of ECO for the hybrid vehicle with the ability to override the setting under hard acceleration. This is also a way to enable Ford hybrids to keep up with what's coming from Volt that will offer manual break regeneration via steering wheel paddles, along with an ECO button and expected to offer better mpg than the current C-MAX and Fusion hybrid. This should be something we will see on the 2016 refreshed C-MAX also, that should help boost it's mpg until the all new model arrives.

#20 ·
All the order guides are available on the Fleet website. You just need to know where to look.
what I'd really like is way to put the original .pdf's URL into google so they can turn it into an html-file I can download at home
many/most newer Acrobat .pdf's won't load on my ancient puter...

...meanwhile:

funny how they're restricting the Hazelnut interior
AND
I wish they'd have offered BOTH TuxedoBlack and BlackVelvet
but
maaaaybe they're still trying to FIGURE OUT how they relate to [BL]BlackTie???

haven't figured out how to crop a screenprint at the Library yet

Attachments

#23 ·
Hazelnut has always been a highly restricted interior color on MKZ. For some reason they feel it only goes with monochromatic exterior colors, even though it's offered with a wider range of colors on MKS, MKT, and MKC. Not only that but dealers stock virtually none with Hazelnut interior. I'm still disappointed my car does not have Hazelnut interior, because that was the one thing I wanted that I wasn't able to get.

MKZ has always offered the Oasis interior. All four original themes - Modern Heritage, Indulgence, Center Stage, and Oasis - are available on both MKZ and MKC.

Also of note, Ford/Lincoln has at least 3 different names for the same new black color (G1): Absolute Black, Shadow Black, and Black Velvet.

#24 ·
...MKZ has always offered the Oasis interior. All four original themes - Modern Heritage, Indulgence, Center Stage, and Oasis - are available on both MKZ and MKC...
seriously, Timf? :yikes: <2b2 having a 'braineurism'**

I hafta ask WHEN that happened
cuz (iirc)
Oasis was not shown at the Pebble Beach intro = an un-named 4th Theme was mentioned but no "diorama" (see below)
& (afaik)
the first pix of an Oasis interior was on the MKC & not that long ago (my earliest downloaded photo was Oct.10)
in fact
until yesterday
I don't remember anything / anyone /anywhere saying the Z offered a 4th option

from PBC

edit/ps
this morning I woke up from DREAMING about [BlackLabel] :yikes:

**'braineurism': a hole in one's mind where all one's memories leak out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.