Big Change... in a small way - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Ford Focus

Big Change... in a small way

1. The Taurus: this great vehicle is going big and that means good news for the big people looking for comfort in a nice vehicle but for those looking for a 4-door driver, BAD NEWS. To get back to what I believe is the original SHO idea of a high HP & Torque in a 4-door, Ford should be looking at that April 1st (April Fools 2013) day approach - the Odette (FIN). Place the EB3.5 into a 4WD Fusion. Add the suspension, brakes (Big Brakes), good seats and dust the competition. Is the Taurus out? NOPE. Still a great car doing a great job. I could see this coming after the Focus RS arrives.
2. The new Continental: I love it. Not a HP monster. Looks comfortable, safe, elegant... I see an 'L' version and best of all, I see a Cabriolet or better a quasi-Victoria version. The rear Continental wheel will come as the aftermarket crowd get in on the action. 1 in 100 will get it right. Without, still sharp, smooth... elegant.
3. The new (Aluminum) Navigator SUV: Yes aluminum will shed the weight. I hope that it won't be too difficult to lengthen the chassis for the limo business or they could move back to where God intended them to be - the Continental 'L'. The new Navigator will make people think about buying a large SUV and that will be to their benefit - people per vehicle per mile = savings.
Lastly... Not all of the Ford product is Large and Fast (SUVs, STs, GTs), there is the high efficiency side like the 3-cylinders and the tech to get there. So far, Ford has the answer. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: Big Change... in a small way

I feel like I'm missing a big part of this conversation.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Focus RS WRC

Re: Big Change... in a small way

Interesting perspective, but I, agree ... I must be missing something...?

Cort www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Just another regret" __ All-American Rejects __ 'Dirty Little Secret'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
big, change, small

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page