2018 - Ford Inside News Community
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,799
2018

2018/19 Seems to be a big year for Ford, although this may all be stretched from 2018-2020 so it may not seem as dense as it does from this distance...but here goes.

All-New:
Ranger/Bronco?
Fiesta
Focus
Hybrid/EV
Escape/MKC
Expedition/Navi
Explorer/Aviator

MCEs:
F-150
Edge/MKX

2020/21 should also bring us some CD6 cars like Fusion/Mondeo and MKZ, 2022 would be Edge/MKX/et.al

We should also see a wide roll out of the mythical 9-spd transmission around 2018/19 alongside the new platforms, we'll see the 10-spd a couple years earlier obviously.

Based on Ford's lack of investment in their V8 plants I'm also going to assume we'll start seeing the de-emphasis of the V8 (including Mustang) around 2018/19 as they are replaced by the much stronger 2nd gen EcoBoost 3.5.
2b2 and Dequindre like this.

Last edited by DetroitBORG; 12-02-2015 at 12:12 AM.
DetroitBORG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: 2018

for this thread, Borg!!

for me the only way to try to keep one toe in reality (which IS over-rated)
is to try to co-ordinate the new vehicles & architectures with FACTORIES to build them
+
spread them out for budgeting

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Ford Flex
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,234
Re: 2018

Getting these all out in the 2018-19 time frame all makes sense, considering Mercury will be returning for 2020!
2b2, ZanatWork and ThomasWC like this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Logans Run is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Ford Mondeo
 
Dequindre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,214
Re: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
2018/19 Seems to be a big year for Ford, although this may all be stretched from 2018-2020 so it may not seem as dense as it does from this distance...but here goes.

All-New:
Ranger/Bronco?
Fiesta
Focus
Hybrid/EV
Escape/MKC
Expedition/Navi
Explorer/Aviator

MCEs:
F-150
Edge/MKX

2020/21 should also bring us some CD6 cars like Fusion/Mondeo and MKZ, 2022 would be Edge/MKX/et.al

We should also see a wide roll out of the mythical 9-spd transmission around 2018/19 alongside the new platforms, we'll see the 10-spd a couple years earlier obviously.

Based on Ford's lack of investment in their V8 plants I'm also going to assume we'll start seeing the de-emphasis of the V8 (including Mustang) around 2018/19 as they are replaced by the much stronger 2nd gen EcoBoost 3.5.
I think a few of those vehicles are off the mark time-wise, but 2018-2020 will be a big 3 years.

-The Bronco may come later than the Ranger (2019 or 2020).

-Focus may come out a bit later, but it really does need a redesign ASAP.

-A new MKC in 2018 would mean it had a very short life cycle. Because Lincoln only seems to introduce one redesigned vehicle per year, 2018 may belong to the Navigator or Aviator.

However, your point is well taken. 2018-2020 will be a new product onslaught, especially for the Lincoln brand.

__________________________________________________ _______________
Dequindre is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Ford Mondeo
 
Dequindre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,214
Re: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
Getting these all out in the 2018-19 time frame all makes sense, considering Mercury will be returning for 2020!
Do you have any concrete evidence to back that assertion up?

__________________________________________________ _______________
Dequindre is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Focus RS WRC
 
TurboS40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 997
Re: 2018

Thanks for posting the future so we see what could be going on with either new or updated vehicles.

Something unrelated: 2016 is going to be upon us faster than we know. That means 2017 will be the Lincoln Motor Company's 100th. We should have a thread that we can discuss what concept/production vehicle would sum up the last 100 years plus taking all that and going forward. The 2016 Continental Concept knocked our socks off. The 100th Anniversary Concept will have to do more than that.

Should we expect something for the 2017 Detroit Show?
Andrew L and Dequindre like this.
TurboS40 is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Ford Flex
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,234
Re: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Do you have any concrete evidence to back that assertion up?
You do realize that most everything on this site is speculative or wishful thinking...don't you?
2b2, Bloggin and ThomasWC like this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Logans Run is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,799
Re: 2018

The MKC will have an unusually short lifespan for Ford/Lincoln but that's because the MKC is a very tardy vehicle arriving midway through the platform cycle. It's possible MKC will stay on its current platform while Escape moves forward, but that seems unlikely since they are moving production out of country (likely to the Mexican plant building the new Focus). And Lincoln's timeline does indicate a new MKC for 2018 which lines up with the Escape which was confirmed in the UAW contract.
Bloggin and Dequindre like this.
DetroitBORG is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Ford Explorer
 
Andrew L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 5,887
Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboS40 View Post
Thanks for posting the future so we see what could be going on with either new or updated vehicles.

Something unrelated: 2016 is going to be upon us faster than we know. That means 2017 will be the Lincoln Motor Company's 100th. We should have a thread that we can discuss what concept/production vehicle would sum up the last 100 years plus taking all that and going forward. The 2016 Continental Concept knocked our socks off. The 100th Anniversary Concept will have to do more than that.

Should we expect something for the 2017 Detroit Show?
I hope an pray for a Mark IX but I know that's a sensitive topic when ever that's brought up some posters get angry and say it will never happen cause LincStang only exists on this forum.
2b2, mercury_1988, hbmf3 and 1 others like this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Andrew L is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Ford Mondeo
 
Dequindre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,214
Re: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboS40 View Post
Thanks for posting the future so we see what could be going on with either new or updated vehicles.

Something unrelated: 2016 is going to be upon us faster than we know. That means 2017 will be the Lincoln Motor Company's 100th. We should have a thread that we can discuss what concept/production vehicle would sum up the last 100 years plus taking all that and going forward. The 2016 Continental Concept knocked our socks off. The 100th Anniversary Concept will have to do more than that.

Should we expect something for the 2017 Detroit Show?
Knowing Lincoln, maybe they will come out with a Centennial Black Label theme.

__________________________________________________ _______________
Dequindre is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome