Ford/Lincoln product forecast UPDATED - Page 12 - Ford Inside News Community
 556Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 08:19 PM
FIN Staff Member

re: Ford/Lincoln product forecast

By 2019 range should be at 300+ miles, and battery/component costs should way down also. But that's about 3 years after the Bolt, and 2 years after the Model 3, and 1 year after the next gen Focus.
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 08:39 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

FordAuthority + Autoline video
C-Max dead in Michigan2018

imho -- its replacementS in San Luis Potosi - - wonder what else gets the Model E-treatment?

AutomotiveNew, Jan 14
...San Luis Potosi...plant should produce around 350,000 cars annually, according to the two officials, and the investment should be worth slightly over $1.5 billion...

WSJ, Feb. 8, 2016
...One of Ford’s new facilities in Mexico will get the Focus compact car, now built by unionized workers in Michigan. The Michigan factory will shift gears in the next two years, building a new Bronco sport-utility vehicle and Ranger pickup truck—two models with fatter profit margins—according to people familiar with the plans.
Ford also plans to build two other models at the new factory, including an all-new hybrid car...

Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 03-15-2016 at 11:47 PM.
post #113 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:09 AM
FIN Staff Member

^....hopefully the new hybrid car is actually based on the new Model E EV. To ensure Ford offers a proper EV. Meaning that like Tesla, the PLATFORM has to be the battery pack. It will really be too late in the game for Ford to half step on the Ev, with the Model 3 already in production.

350,000 units? Since it's a Mexico plant, we have the Focus sedan, Focus 5-door. Following the hybrid plan laid out by Toyota, this new hybrid model with new name should be a New hybrid b-segment vehicle(Prius c), 5-door sportback(Prius), and a cuv/wagon-ish(Prius v) type vehicle. But wait...hybrids are not selling that well right now. But who says Ford can't import into Europe from Mexico. Along with offering plug-in hybrid versions of those models.

So many options and no real idea of what Ford plans to do..
2b2 likes this.

post #114 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:28 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
^....hopefully the new hybrid car is actually based on the new Model E EV. To ensure Ford offers a proper EV. Meaning that like Tesla, the PLATFORM has to be the battery pack. It will really be too late in the game for Ford to half step on the Ev, with the Model 3 already in production...
gives me 2 ideas
(+ imho articles could speak sloppily, mixing H/PI/BEV)
- IONIQ = all 3 E-types on ONE model
- if a skateboard construction, I'd think it'd be VERY easy to change size...thinking the wheels are just 'stuck-on' to whatever size battery-base

Quote:
...350,000 units? Since it's a Mexico plant, we have the Focus sedan, Focus 5-door. Following the hybrid plan laid out by Toyota, this new hybrid model with new name should be a New hybrid b-segment vehicle(Prius c), 5-door sportback(Prius), and a cuv/wagon-ish(Prius v) type vehicle. But wait...hybrids are not selling that well right now. But who says Ford can't import into Europe from Mexico. Along with offering plug-in hybrid versions of those models.

So many options and no real idea of what Ford plans to do..
afaik the "info" about the Focus going to Cuautitlán is correct
so San Luis Potosi will be other vehilces
(not sure about other C-based ones like the sub-Escape Cuvlet)
(& I'm very interested in new vehicles Between the sizes of current Focus/Fusion)

Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 03-16-2016 at 12:48 AM.
post #115 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:47 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKII View Post
Am I reading from posters in the USA that you would like to see Ford NA go back to where Ford was prior to Mulally's term?
I noticed that too. A lot of talk about redundant sub-segments/ in-between models.
I'm sure the Focus Mk4 testing with a longer wheelbase is for all markets, it needs to be competitive globally.
The Focus hasn't really changed much size-wise (interior and exterior) since the rest-of-the-world Focus Mk2 made its debut in late 2004.
jalberda likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 03-16-2016 at 02:17 AM.
post #116 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
But I think because of the One Ford plan, unlike corolla where there is a different version for the home market and different production cycle, Focus changes are slower, since Europe sales are more consistent with the smaller dimensions.

This is why I think there is a change happening, where Ford begins to focus more of the design on NA/China rather than letting Europe be the driver, and Ford can get out of the reactive cycle.
Maybe you are on to something Bloggin

My friend Alex and myself notice some significant differences regarding the latest spied Focus mules. Besides the cut up bodies hinting at longer and wider dimensions, have a close look at the attached images.

One being the mule spied in USA & the other spied in Northern Europe.

The USA mule rear suspension is twist beam, & the Euro mule is still wearing the multi-link rear suspension.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford-focus-06-1 cropped.jpg (224.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg ford-focus-spy-shots_7.jpg (562.8 KB, 21 views)
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
post #117 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 02:47 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by nruggiero View Post
...EOP for the Lincoln Continental (D544) has been moved from March 2022 to May 2023 and therefore shifting the next‐generation out of the forecast horizon.

Added a Large Sedan to the forecast for Lincoln with a program code of CD714, SOP of July 2020, facelift of Jul‐2023, and EOP of June 2026.

Lincoln Midsize SUV (U611) SOP shifted from February 2019 to January 2019.

The next‐generation Lincoln MKX SOP was moved out from January 2021 to March 2022. The program code was also changed from U540(ng) to CDX707. The facelift for the CDX707 was changed as well from December 2023 to March 2025 and the EOP from December 2026 to February 2028. The U540 EOP was shifted as a result from December 2020 to February 2022 and the facelift from November 2017 to May 2018.

The Lincoln MKZ (CD533) EOP was extended from July 2018 to June 2019. The next‐generation MKZ (CD622) was moved from the Hermosillo plant to Flat Rock Assembly with an SOP of July 2019 (was August 2018), facelift of July 2022 (was July 2021), and EOP of June 2026 (was July 2024)...
the model code for the Conti was called to my attention today - had gone right over my head
so
thought I'd quote&highlight them ... if anyone wants to google-dive while waiting for the Navi

Last edited by 2b2; 03-22-2016 at 02:52 PM.
post #118 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 11:58 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5
Re: Ford/Lincoln product forecast... MODEL E added

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^ some of us might just be getting carried-away a bit, MKII
Don't worry, we're not in charge

Drat - already an UPdate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXxNB0PWkcI
excellent, brief video
AutolineDetroit #1820
Ford’s EV Production Plans
(3:25), Shareholders Sue VW, GM Attacks Uber

new (previously-)unAnnounced factory in San Luis Potosi, Mexico to build the cy2019 Model E

If Ford doesn't have plans to enter the 250m range EV, I'll be a Tesla owner then. They completely dropped the ball on that. It's pretty sad their dropping the ball because the Focus is a high seller here in the USA but I guess they want to lose that market.
Bloggin likes this.

Current Car; 2018 Focus EV 115m Range
2015 Focus EV 75m Range, 2013 Cmax Energi, 2010 Fiesta, 2007 Milan, 2005 Ranger, 2002 Focus Zx5.

Vermont Drive Electric Ambassador
post #119 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 12:04 AM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5

Quote:
By 2019 range should be at 300+ miles, and battery/component costs should way down also. But that's about 3 years after the Bolt, and 2 years after the Model 3, and 1 year after the next gen Focus.
That's too far out. No one will want to buy a Ford EV then when Tesla already will have their teeth in the market.

Chrysler has learned to build a plug in hybrid minivan because no one has built it yet.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car; 2018 Focus EV 115m Range
2015 Focus EV 75m Range, 2013 Cmax Energi, 2010 Fiesta, 2007 Milan, 2005 Ranger, 2002 Focus Zx5.

Vermont Drive Electric Ambassador
post #120 of 592 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 AM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKII View Post
Maybe you are on to something Bloggin

My friend Alex and myself notice some significant differences regarding the latest spied Focus mules. Besides the cut up bodies hinting at longer and wider dimensions, have a close look at the attached images.

One being the mule spied in USA & the other spied in Northern Europe.

The USA mule rear suspension is twist beam, & the Euro mule is still wearing the multi-link rear suspension.
That does make sense. The US and China needs a larger/wider Focus, while Europe may need a new model but maintain it's current dimensions. I suspect the cheaper twist beam may go to China and other developing countries, while the multi-link stays in the US and Europe.
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page