OrderGuides: F-M-L 2009 - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: OrderGuides: F-M-L 2009

^^ / OT
a bunch of snap'n'lock dealer-installable stuff would eliminate the/some need for trim-levels
(HID's Nav Soundsystems swappable-decor-trims wheel-boutique...)
and boost after-sale upgrades
(which Ford's coming customization website may lead to)

factory differences should be only the built-ins
drivetrains moonroofs paint

even upholstery/carpet could be changed after the fact

& crossreferencing:
since the '09 Focus REVEAL is less than 2 weeks away, hopefully its O.G. will appear soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Ford Flex

2B2,
I have a bit of a hard time reading your posts.
Maybe it is due to the fact that I am over 40, and have never needed to text message my friends.
Are you saying that dealers should handle all options that are unrelated to the powertrain? That could be a real fiasco, as the quality of the work would be dependant on the capability of the dealers, yet reflect directly on Ford. Would other dealers be responsible for dealer installed defects if you moved to another state?
I think Ford could profit by introducing a premium option to all their cars, similar to, but even more unique than what they did with the Eddie Baur name and the trucks a few years back.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Order Guides for '09 Grand Marquis, Town Car & Navigator available

Much THANKS, LMdealer!!!

so judging from the lack of mechanical changes, guess the Panthers are going 'quietly into the night'
2 questions tho
- will the No Stock rule apply to Florida or other markets that have had high retail sales of the GrandMarquis?
- on the last page the wheelbase is listed as 114.6; I've usually seen 114.7 - anything change?
&
one wish/suggestion
that they'd still come up with a VOGA Pkg
even if they had to borrow the black dash/interior-panels from the TC
& Even if they lost a few buck$ on it - just to have a consistent product-mix/plan/message for all Merc models

&
the 2 monochrome packages for the Navi sound great
...'course I'd probably want the Stone+black piping from the LtdEdition but without the upper chrome grille trim

ps to LogansRun
Will see if I can use more formal English more of the time
btw (by the way) I've never 'texted' anybody anything
and to answer your question,
if optional systems were designed and built to be easily swapped
I believe that could eliminate most quality and warranty woes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

2009 Ford Expedition Order Guide

2009 Ford Expedition Order Guide uploaded
(it's a fairly big one, 683k)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 09Expedition.pdf (682.1 KB, 25 views)

post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 09:24 PM

NICE POST the order bank for the f150 was supposed to open today so anyone have the order guide for that????????
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:22 PM

Have they changed the front seats from 50/50 to 40/20/40? It says the front armrests have cupholders. The 50/50 dual comfort seat fold-down armrests haven't had cup holders in a few years.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

^ I happen to know that LM4EVR meant the GrandMarquis

post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 PM

This is what threw me, see page 3 of the guide:

INTERIOR
Armrest fold-down front seat center w/cupholders

This makes it sound like a single armrest with fold out cup holders. Now at one time (though not on mine) there were versions of the GMQ that had a flip out cup holder in each of the front arm rests. But not for a few years. It also lists the dash mounted pull-out cup holders and the rear seat cup holders. Could they have brought them back?

I wish they would use the dark pearl blue from the Town Car instead of that hideous Noresea Blue.

Now a question: Are fleet sales of the GMQ and TC so great that they really need to discourage retail sales? Sounds impossible, but....
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 PM

A salesman I spoke with said that if I ordered one (this was last fall and I wanted tu-tone) that I would have to pay MSRP and get no rebate. Is this standard proceedure for ordered cars?

Also, can you order a non-listed color? Since all three are bulit in the same factory it would seem doable. I remember back in the 70s my parents ordered a Chevrolet with a specific tu-tone color combo.

Thanks very much for all your info.
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 05:03 PM

Interesting. I don't think the salesman was too interested. Maybe it was because I wanted white/silver tu-tone. I get all my service work done at my dealership - my regular mechanic is great as is the service desk staff. So I show up at the dealer every few months. Back in January I asked (a different saleman) if they could let me know when they get a tu-tone white/silver GMQ in (all my contact info is in their computer, they know where I buy and where I get service). He just looked at me and said "we don't stock them" and walked away. No customers in the showroom. When I got back to the garage the story gave the service guys a good laugh. Unlike the sales staff, all the service people know me well. I am not aggressive and don't fight with anyone unless I have to, and I certainly will not chase a salesman. I am not L-M's best customer (four new cars since 1984) but I am loyal to the service department.

That is why I hate when I have to buy a new car!

Oh well, thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2009, fml, orderguides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page