Hackett 100-Day Review - Ford Inside News Community
 122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

Hackett 100-Day Review

Hacket is said to be questioning many of the Field's stated targets for Ford, specifically the autonomous shuttle project for 2021, the CD6 products we've long speculated about, and Lincoln which seems very unlikely to meet Field's ambitious sales targets.

Similar to what just happened to Focus, they want to consolidate global production for slow selling products like Fiesta and Fusion/Mondeo (European Mondeo product will likely be moved to Mexico alongside Fusion).

India is another area under review.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN1AG120

I think we all knew CD6 was dead about a year ago so I'm pretty sure that was shelved when they knew it was too expensive for a series of products that are no longer vital to the business. Next platforms have to be Crossover focused.
ehaase likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 07-31-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: Hackett 100-Day Review

So I read it, and it only states that everything is on the table, and confirmed nothing. Everything then, remains speculation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Hacket is said to be questioning many of the Field's stated targets for Ford, specifically the autonomous shuttle project for 2021, the CD6 products we've long speculated about, and Lincoln which seems very unlikely to meet Field's ambitious sales targets.

Similar to what just happened to Focus, they want to consolidate global production for slow selling products like Fiesta and Fusion/Mondeo (European Mondeo product will likely be moved to Mexico alongside Fusion).

India is another area under review.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN1AG120

I think we all knew CD6 was dead about a year ago so I'm pretty sure that was shelved when they knew it was too expensive for a series of products that are no longer vital to the business. Next platforms have to be Crossover focused.
D6 platform was mean to build the next Explorer (and perhaps the Aviator), plus the Mustang, Continental and MKZ. Crossovers , sedans and coupes.. why not? The Explorer are not vital for Ford? It needs a new platform soon. And Lincoln?... China is enough to justify to keep it.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

post #4 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 AM
Ford Explorer

One thing that does appear to be confirmed here, is my statement that Fields was the man driving innovation and a product lead strategy, and of course leading an aggressive plan for Lincoln. And as I also stated, Hackett could very well be another Mulally, ready to cut-cut-cut. How that makes him a hero to some of you, I have no idea.
glyphics and Bloggin like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

I am not getting a hero vibe at all from Hackett if anything I am worried about Lincoln's future under Hackett.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #6 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Just got the "All Good"
post #7 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 11:04 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
I am not getting a hero vibe at all from Hackett if anything I am worried about Lincoln's future under Hackett.
Agreed.

I'll post it again here, I've been told CD6 is alive and well, and CD6-based Explorer/Aviator have been fast tracked (which would also alleviate some Lincoln concerns).
ZanatWork and Bloggin like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #8 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 11:26 AM
Ford Sport Ka

I am confident about Hackett. After all he gave lucid motors an offer, something that would require billion in investments if the deal goes through (which I imagine would happen at the end of August when the 100 day review is done)

Concerning D6, I hear from blue oval forums that it's still alive

Edit: just read the end of the article (I just skimmed through it because I was busy) and yeah I feel like Lincoln is f**ked

How can he not see the benefit of D6? Something that would increase sales?

Last edited by mtol115; 07-31-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Update
post #9 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 03:58 PM
Ford Kuga

Any Ford President outside of the USA must be freaking out. IMO Hackett has just shot Ford Global in the foot. Get the resumes tuned up boys and girls. Won't surprise me to see a bunch of high level people departing the Blue Oval.
Also not very confident inspiring news for Ford customers or future customers outside of the USA as well.

Hackett is most definitely not a Mulally. Mulally was a product man, and has an understanding of life/business outside of the USA, Hackett is all about the economics.

I am absolutely floored with Hackett saying what he is saying.
glyphics likes this.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
post #10 of 182 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Ford Explorer

I tend to try to stay positive, recalling that we have yet to see his plan. I am still hopeful that Jim will be our guy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page